HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Preview on MSG

Old
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Season Preview on MSG

Anyone see this last night? Here are my impressions...

1. Started out strangely. Crispino was telling us what Ranger players we would be seeing highlights of, and what music we would be hearing. Huh? At first when they showed highlights they would also put up a graphic telling you it was a Metallica song. Who cares?

2. It was nice to hear Wade Redden actually say he had a bad year last year. Perhaps he thinks he can improve.

3. MSG announcers always pick their words carefully with Dolan listening, but you could tell Rosen, Micheletti and Maloney all have serious problems with a defense that has a Redden/Rozsival combo as a 3/4 pairing, and the 5/6 pairing potentially being two rookies.

4. Sather and the announcers said it was OK to lose Betts and Sjostrom, since Lundqvist is the most important penalty killer. OK. Just don't give Hank 1,000 excuses why he's getting scored on later, because he has no support.

5. Barely a mention, and no feature of Enver Lisen. Did he get cut or something?

6. Wow Lundqvist is a good looking guy.

7. First Tortorella tells us he understands why people are still annoyed at Brashear. Then he says we shouldn't be, because he'll be doing the same stuff for us now. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but if Brashear cheap shots people I will not cheer for that. Defending his teammates in a fight? Absolutely. A shot to the head when the puck is far away? I don't think so.

8. Funny to watch some of those goals from the beginning of last season, when the Dubinsky/Zherdev/Voros line would fall over each other after scoring. Remember when we all thought Voros was a sure bet to score 30 playing with Dubie and Z?

9. Speaking of Zherdev, I don't even remember a mention of him on the show. We walk away from our top goal scorer, and the announcers are not allowed to comment on it?

10. No mention of Semenov either. I guess that means he's not making the team. Thank goodness.

11. Funny to see Avery sit there and answer interview questions like he's the most boring guy in the world.

12. The ice looked spectacular last night.

13. You have to wonder (and I think Dave Maloney does too) how Tortorella's act will work in the long run. Hockey is a long season.

14. I would liked to have seen talk of possible line combinations...what they've seen so far in the pre-season, how they think players will mesh together, etc.

15. I still miss JD.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
gluvhand

It was pretty much as I expected. The music credits attached to the video clips was just an attempt to "MTV"-ify. Didn't bother me much. As far as Avery goes, I really don't recall him ever being very animated when interviewed. I mean, I don't see it as an attempt to "tone it down" or get serious.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Remember when we all thought Voros was a sure bet to score 30 playing with Dubie and Z?
The only people who thought this were the completely silly people who knew nothing at all about Voros.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

they'll never give their honest opinions because they're too worried about their jobs. thats why i usually dont watch these showa. i feel like they always tiptoe around what they actually want to say and put a positive spin on it.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 02:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
they'll never give their honest opinions because they're too worried about their jobs. thats why i usually dont watch these things.
Yeah, I turned it off as soon as the intro came on.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Ovens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
It was pretty much as I expected. The music credits attached to the video clips was just an attempt to "MTV"-ify. Didn't bother me much. As far as Avery goes, I really don't recall him ever being very animated when interviewed. I mean, I don't see it as an attempt to "tone it down" or get serious.
I'm sure it's all part of the "fuse" network (Cablevision owned) ad campaign that they are constantly shoving down our throats on the jumbotron.

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 02:18 AM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
I got a call from MSG and they asked to interview my father and I..didn't really know what to expect question-wise.

We did the interview outside Newbridge Hockey rink in Merrick for those familiar w/ it. I play in a PD/FD league there with a solid group of guys. My fathers was done by his firehouse in Brooklyn.

Also, I too found it weird that they played the same 4 songs during the preview but I'm a huge pearl jam/metallica fan so I can't complain too much.

Kev

NYR1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 07:10 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
what 4 songs were they?

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 07:36 PM
showjaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
12. The ice looked spectacular last night.
I was at the Capitals/Rangers preseason game, and they must have turned the thermostat down to around 20 degrees.

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:08 AM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
what 4 songs were they?
Pearl Jam- the fixer

Metallica- Broken Beaten Scarred

And two awful songs by nickelback and three days grace (two awful bands in my opinion)

Kev

NYR1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 03:17 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1084 View Post
Pearl Jam- the fixer

Metallica- Broken Beaten Scarred

And two awful songs by nickelback and three days grace (two awful bands in my opinion)

Kev
Burn it to the ground is actually a good song hockey-wise
of course it sounds like crap with all the censors they put in NHL10

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:05 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

oooh, i wanted to see this but sounds like i didn't miss much.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:41 AM
SkerZ
LGR

It wasn't that bad but I feel like I saw half the interviews on websites b4 the show aired

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 10:21 AM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Jersey Girl and others posting reviews from programs like this on MSG: Keep em coming! Me and others living in europe cant see those shows and even a little glance like this is very welcome

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote