HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game #6 -- Flyers at Devils -- September 26, 2009 -- 7:00 P.M. ET

Old
09-26-2009, 08:44 PM
ShortBus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
And this is an issue for someone making about . . . 1/4 of what Jones made and will be a 6th D-man playing almost no time since we Pronger and Kimmo will both be playing well over 25 minutes a night and Coburn and Carle playing a nice deal as well.
syvret>jones

ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:46 PM
chaosof99*

Does anyone know what Syvret's salary is? He can hardly be as bad as Jones, and even if he is equal to Jones, he will probably cost us less than a third of Jones' salary.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Garbage Goal

My impressions:

-Emery playing another very good game. I have complete confidence in him for this season to be honest. We haven't see him go off against any top-heavy defenses yet (like Washington) so that's my only worry.

-At this point in time, I don't have faith in Boucher as a backup. I just don't think he'll cut it, regardless of his health.

-JVR, Giroux, Pyorala played extremely well. They all had the bulk of our chances. Once again, I'll be pissed if either JVR or Pyorala aren't on the team.

-Betts is a beast at face-offs.

-Syvret did very well. Personally I'm rooting for a Parent-Syvret third pairing.

-Hartnell did okay. He hasn't done much this pre-season (like most of our big guns).

-Thank God Jones is gone.

-I couldn't tell how well Carle played by the radio. However, he took a penalty at the worst time possible in the game. With less then two minutes left and down 1-0 he takes a penalty. Not enough face-palms in the world for that.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
And this is an issue for someone making about . . . 1/4 of what Jones made and will be a 6th D-man playing almost no time since we Pronger and Kimmo will both be playing well over 25 minutes a night and Coburn and Carle playing a nice deal as well.
Not 1/4 more like 1/5. Did I say it is an issue? I was hoping for more after a season he had in AHL last season. He was a beast. He's been average so far but better then Jones of course.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
chaosof99*

Boxscore says Clarkson had an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty early in the 2nd. What did he do?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:52 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Not 1/4 more like 1/5. Did I say it is an issue? I was hoping for more after a season he had in AHL last season. He was a beast. He's been average so far but better then Jones of course.
it is preseason . . . the flyers have yet to play a game with more than 2/3 of a normal roster. He's also playing against BETTER competition believe it or not at the NHL level than the AHL. God forbid he doesn't put up 3 points on Broduer

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
it is preseason . . . the flyers have yet to play a game with more than 2/3 of a normal roster. He's also playing against BETTER competition believe it or not at the NHL level than the AHL. God forbid he doesn't put up 3 points on Broduer
You just can't please some people.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 08:56 PM
ShortBus

Quote:

I agree with you that after last year we should expect more of the same.
To me, it just might be too early to get a good judgment. Pre-season is
a different beast. Without a TV to watch, I also was wondering if his shots were wide, or if they were a dead on stop by Brodeur. One penalty might be forgiven,
but he better be more carefull

ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
I agree with you that after last year we should expect more of the same.
To me, it just might be too early to get a good judgment. Pre-season is
a different beast. Without a TV to watch, I also was wondering if his shots were wide, or if they were a dead on stop by Brodeur. One penalty might be forgiven,
but he better be more carefull
MS - stands for missed shots.

Quote:
It's not just this game. A game before, his turn over resulted a goal against. In 2nd game against Toronto he took a hit from Poni lost the puck behind the next, resulted a goal and so on. Not to mention little turn overs, crashing hits and missed shots. Yes, learning progress. It takes time. D-men develop slower. Bla bla bla

I am not saying he is a liability out there and I do understand that this is a pre-season but if he is making a few crucial mistakes in pre-season against lesser competition, what will happen later? Same goes for TKO. Too much running around instead of playing solid 10-13min of hockey and if the open ice hit is there by no means deliver it vengeance.

That why I said.. below average. Does not mean he can not improve.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-26-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 10:08 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Syvret wont get much time anyway, but at least he hasnt been awful

edit: Parent played, so I guess his shoulder is ok?

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 09-27-2009 at 10:16 AM.
HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 12:31 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Ginota scored his 4th goal. Maybe it was not a mistake to re-unite him and Gomez.
In fact Gionta has been our best player since the begin of the camp and he played as much with Plekanec than Gomez..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Boxscore says Clarkson had an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty early in the 2nd. What did he do?
He was challenged twice by one of our fighters in the first game, but declined. This time he answered with a facewash and the refs jumped in before the gloves came off.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Syvret makes 575k for whoever was asking.

The best thing about Syvret vs Jones, is that Syvret will want to learn how to make his game better because he knows hes a rookie(pretty much) and has to round out his game, where as Jones is very cocky and would probably never try to fix his game

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote