HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

* New York Rangers Training Camp 2009 Thread *

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2009, 08:20 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Does anyone know did we officially put Byers on waivers yet?
TSN has not reported anything and they are usually the source for players being waived. Besides Brooks,the Rangers beat writers don't know waivers even exist.

Old
09-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
IMO, Grachev is best served playing 20 mins. a night in Hartford... go the same route Anisimov went, it won't hurt him as he is only 19, surely beats playing only a few mins. in NY and being on the bench...
Agreed. But I also think getting him as many preseason games as possible, along with getting him as much practice time with torts as possible are very very very good things for his development. The more he knows about what he needs to do, what is expected, what it takes to make it at this level, the more he can apply it to his game in Hartford. Im expecting a HUGE year from him in the A. Ill expect him to start off slow, and start ramping it up as he gets used to the game over there.

The thing ive been most thrilled about though is that his play away from the puck is already NHL ready. He just needs to get used to making offensive zone plays against the big boys. hes gonna get there. Weve got a gem on our hands.

Old
09-27-2009, 10:05 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
so Renney put the teams' leading goalscorer, Naslund, on the ice in a situation where they needed a goal to tie? ****ing Renney.
No, he kept the hot hand on the bench because he had no guts. I know his method didn't work because I've seen more than a few games where they didn't even get a shot after pulling the goalie. I've never seen Betts-Orr-Sjostrom score in the last minute of a tie game. So yeah, F Renney. Yeah lets tout Naslunds... wait, what was it, 24 goals? Yeah, wow. Callahan put up 22 with far fewer opportunities. From lower lines. Like how Naslund got 3:17 of pp time per game versus Callahan's 1:10. Switch that time and Callahan has 30, Naslund gets 18 on the season.

Yeah, our top left wing puts in 24 goals and we like how Renney rolls the lines. Right. We want that guy out there in key situations when he can only muster 24 goals with better players, better opportunities and better situations. Bravo Renney.

Old
09-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
No, he kept the hot hand on the bench because he had no guts. I know his method didn't work because I've seen more than a few games where they didn't even get a shot after pulling the goalie. I've never seen Betts-Orr-Sjostrom score in the last minute of a tie game. So yeah, F Renney. Yeah lets tout Naslunds... wait, what was it, 24 goals? Yeah, wow. Callahan put up 22 with far fewer opportunities. From lower lines. Like how Naslund got 3:17 of pp time per game versus Callahan's 1:10. Switch that time and Callahan has 30, Naslund gets 18 on the season.

Yeah, our top left wing puts in 24 goals and we like how Renney rolls the lines. Right. We want that guy out there in key situations when he can only muster 24 goals with better players, better opportunities and better situations. Bravo Renney.
Its not like that was Callahan's first 20 goal season and Naslund had been producing his whole career or anything. Cally is a third liner who happened to score a few extra goals last year. Thats great for him, but he will never have the offensive production that Naslund had over his career.

Old
09-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Does anyone know did we officially put Byers on waivers yet?
must have he played for Hartford the other night

Old
09-27-2009, 02:07 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
John Tortorella says the #Rangers will cut down to 22 players by Monday, possibly tonight.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

They have 23 players on the roster

Rosters must be in compliance with the cap by 3pm on Wedneday.

Old
09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Buh-bye semenov

Old
09-27-2009, 02:13 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Rangers coach John Tortorella says he's "disappointed" with D Dan Girardi's training camp: "He's got some work to do there."

Agree with Torts. Girardi was nearly as bad as Rozsival.

Old
09-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Buh-bye semenov
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Agree with Torts. Girardi was nearly as bad as Rozsival.
Bring back Sanguinetti if Semenov isn't resigned... although Sangs' caphit might be too high and Semenov won't be getting more than 500K-650K.

Old
09-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Nah Grachev is the last cut.

Old
09-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
As much as I love seeing Grachev in NY, there is no room on the top 9 wings for him, and letting him rot in NY playing 4-8 mins. a game with players a la Voros, Brasher, Boyle, I really think its better he plays 20 mins a night with players such as Parenteau in Hartford... After all, he's 19 and he won't be too upset either I guess...

"Rangers rookie wing Evgeny Grachev: "The first period was the worst period for me. Ever. I didn't think I'd get more ice time."" from A. Gross' Twitter...

Old
09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
As much as I love seeing Grachev in NY, there is no room on the top 9 wings for him, and letting him rot in NY playing 4-8 mins. a game with players a la Voros, Brasher, Boyle, I really think its better he plays 20 mins a night with players such as Parenteau in Hartford... After all, he's 19 and he won't be too upset either I guess...

"Rangers rookie wing Evgeny Grachev: "The first period was the worst period for me. Ever. I didn't think I'd get more ice time."" from A. Gross' Twitter...
Exactly how I feel. Let the kid shine in Hartford, where I'll go watch him play anyways With Prospol and Higgins coming off contract next year Im sure we won't sign both and Big Evgeny will have an opportunity to start on the top 9!

Old
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Tortorella said the plan is to reduce the roster by one by tomorrow, if not tonight, leaving the Rangers with 22 players. Tortorella said, right now, he would include veteran tryout Alexei Semenov within the 22 but the Rangers still need to sign him to a contract
http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...apup.html#more

The Rangers should wait and see if a better defenseman becomes available on the waiver wire(Shubert?)before giving Semenov a NHL contract.

Old
09-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Agreed, I am sure they send the kid down , no pt to have him for a few games when Avery is out. Just play Voros unfortunatly

You don't trade a 3rd rounder and send Boyle down, just stupid. Play the guy on the 4th line C spot with Anisimov who obviously can score on the 3rd line and Prospal on the wing

atleast they fought back in the 3rd

Old
09-27-2009, 03:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

What is wrong with Girardi, he's been awful.

I expect it from Rozsival, who has easily been the worst player in camp, but i don't expect it from Girardi.

I'd rather see two more rookies (Sanguinetti & Sauer) make those mistakes and watch them learn, rather then just have veterans play with no heart.

Rozsival and Girardi better start playing like they want to be here.

Old
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
bubba5

Girardi has always been an avg best defnseman, problem is that is as good as he will get. Everyone like him because he came out of nowhere and played ok plus the Rangers d-men are terible. Ive always said he is a 6th defenseman at best.

Old
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...apup.html#more

The Rangers should wait and see if a better defenseman becomes available on the waiver wire(Shubert?)before giving Semenov a NHL contract.
Schueberts name came up the other night on the NHL Network as a player that Murray would try to move.

Old
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Girardi has always been an avg best defnseman, problem is that is as good as he will get. Everyone like him because he came out of nowhere and played ok plus the Rangers d-men are terible. Ive always said he is a 6th defenseman at best.
Michael Sauer is already > Girardi in his own zone. The offensive end of things will come with time.

Old
09-27-2009, 04:50 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Its not like that was Callahan's first 20 goal season and Naslund had been producing his whole career or anything. Cally is a third liner who happened to score a few extra goals last year. Thats great for him, but he will never have the offensive production that Naslund had over his career.
And Naslund hadn't produced like that in the 3 years prior. It's not about your past or future, it's about right now if you want to win a game.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Michael Sauer is already > Girardi in his own zone. The offensive end of things will come with time.
I'm inclined to agree...

Old
09-27-2009, 05:07 PM
OverTheCap

I continue to be amazed that Torts sticks with the Staal-Girardi pairing when it is quite obvious that Girardi is really nothing more than a 3rd pairing d-man at this point.

Girardi played his best hockey with Tyutin and has struggled since he was traded. As our young defensemen develop, Girardi becomes more expendable and I think this may be his last season as a Ranger.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:12 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

If the Rangers decided to move Girardi,they should get a pretty good return but there is no reason to start jumping off his bandwagon. Tortarella is trying to get him going by calling him out in the media.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
If the Rangers decided to move Girardi,they should get a pretty good return but there is no reason to start jumping off his bandwagon. Tortarella is trying to get him going by calling him out in the media.
I wasn't ever really on his bandwagon. When he was in the AHL, I said he had no business in the NHL. Obviously I was wrong on that, but I still think the guy is wildly overrated by our fans. I think he's fine on the third pair, but nothing more.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Buh-bye semenov
I thought he was terrible today. Slow and out of position. I am fairly sure I can outskate him.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Higgins, Kotalik and Prospal for top-6 forward sometime between the All Star break and the trading deadline. By then Grachev is ready and Lisin is already ready.

Closed Thread