HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schubert

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
  #26
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Matt Gilroy says hi.
When Gilroy goes +35 in a season(actually, he kinds needs to complete an nhl season first) as well i'll declare him better than Rozsival.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
  #27
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Matt Gilroy says hi.
That's irrelevant for 2 reasons.

First of all, if Gilroy puts up those stats you can be sure that he'll get Rozy numbers if not better.

Secondly, you claimed you would use the cap space from letting Rozy go and "get a better defenseman." What defenseman do you think is better that we could get for under 5 million?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
  #28
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
When Gilroy goes +35 in a season(actually, he kinds needs to complete an nhl season first) as well i'll declare him better than Rozsival.
If Gilroy is on the ice all the time with someone who gets 50+ goals and 120+ points like Rozi had with Jagr I'm sure his plus minus will be just fine.
Rozi's 3 seasons after Jagr's great year, +10, 0, -7,
Seems like a decline to me.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
  #29
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
If Gilroy is on the ice all the time with someone who gets 50+ goals and 120+ points like Rozi had with Jagr I'm sure his plus minus will be just fine.
Rozi's 3 seasons after Jagr's great year, +10, 0, -7,
Seems like a decline to me.
He's talking about 35+ points.

And now you're banking on Gaborik hitting 50 and 120, which is far from a guarantee to begin with.

And Rozy's +/- is directly correlated with the rest of the team's. It's not as if he went from +10 to 0 to -7 while majority of the team improved in the category; he was no worse than most of the team in his decline in +/-.

Marc Staal was a -7 as well last year after being a +2 the season before, so based on your logic Staal regressed even worse than Rozsival did.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
  #30
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Team was declining, not Rozsival.


Whats the main knock on Rozsival? Turnovers? He had 32 last season. Just one more than Staal and Girardi, and 8 less than Redden, and 108th overall in the league. So each team had an average of 3-4 defensemen with more turnovers than Rozsival.

Stats are a ***** when you're trying to scapegoat a good defenseman for his contract eh?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
  #31
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
He's talking about 35+ points.

And now you're banking on Gaborik hitting 50 and 120, which is far from a guarantee to begin with.
And Rozy's +/- is directly correlated with the rest of the team's. It's not as if he went from +10 to 0 to -7 while majority of the team improved in the category; he was no worse than most of the team in his decline in +/-.

Marc Staal was a -7 as well last year after being a +2 the season before, so based on your logic Staal regressed even worse than Rozsival did.
He wrote +35, that reads as a plus/minus stat, not points.

And where did I say Gaborik is getting 120 points? All I said was Jagr did.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
  #32
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,748
vCash: 500
Simply on the question of Schubert or Semenov?--Schubert.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
  #33
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Team was declining, not Rozsival.


Whats the main knock on Rozsival? Turnovers? He had 32 last season. Just one more than Staal and Girardi, and 8 less than Redden, and 108th overall in the league. So each team had an average of 3-4 defensemen with more turnovers than Rozsival.

Stats are a ***** when you're trying to scapegoat a good defenseman for his contract eh?
Nope, can't really use stats too much.

Can use your eyes though. Rozsival is brutal. But he's only brutal because we're sick of him. There is kind of a "fresh new face syndrome" that we need every few years, which is why I question why fans want some players to be career-Rangers...

He's overpaid, but not by much. And there's no point in giving up assets to get another defenseman really, unless the deal is a steal.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM
  #34
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Team was declining, not Rozsival.


Whats the main knock on Rozsival? Turnovers? He had 32 last season. Just one more than Staal and Girardi, and 8 less than Redden, and 108th overall in the league. So each team had an average of 3-4 defensemen with more turnovers than Rozsival.

Stats are a ***** when you're trying to scapegoat a good defenseman for his contract eh?
Evey defensman has turnovers, it's what you do after that matters. The problem with Rozi is when he turns the puck over, it's in the net. He can't get back into the play. Look at the first goal Sunday in Washington, he gives it away, has a chance to fix it and doesn't. Goal.

How many times does Staal turn the puck and then recover to break up the play before there's a shot? Way more than Rozi or Redden.

And if you think Rozi is a good defenseman worth 5 million in a cap world I don't know what games you've been watching.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
  #35
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Evey defensman has turnovers, it's what you do after that matters. The problem with Rozi is when he turns the puck over, it's in the net. He can't get back into the play. Look at the first goal Sunday in Washington, he gives it away, has a chance to fix it and doesn't. Goal.

How many times does Staal turn the puck and then recover to break up the play before there's a shot? Way more than Rozi or Redden.

And if you think Rozi is a good defenseman worth 5 million in a cap world I don't know what games you've been watching.
How many times has Staal put up 10 goals and 35 points?

You're addressing Rozsival's weaknesses while conveniently leaving out his positives.

There have only been 4 defensemen that have put up equal or better stats than Rozsival over the past 3 years and are being paid less than Rozsival (and aren't on entry level deals), and among them are Joe Corvo and Adrian Aucoin, hardly defensive experts themselves. You seem to think Rozsival's offense could easily be reproduced but that's far from the truth.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
  #36
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
No, we just notice when Rozy turn the puck over more, because we pay him more money and because he isnt the golden boy in Staal.

If you think Rozy is a problem contract on a team that has Redden at 1.5 mil more for longer and a third line center with a NMC for 3 more years, I dont know what to do for you.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
  #37
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Torts is already sold on Semenov. I highly doubt it. Don't know enough about Schubert's game to make a comparison.
Sather is the GM. Why has Sather signed Semenov yet?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:17 PM
  #38
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,820
vCash: 500
I agree 200% with everyone defending Rozi, I didn't catch the last 2 games live and after reading the GDT's I expected him to have been really under the ice when I saw the games afterwards.

Like he mishandled the puck and made a big misstake once -- sure. But other then that he actually played pretty well. A helluva lot better then many of our forwards.

Like I don't get the obssession with trashing D's in NY. Like the forwards gets away with just about everything, there isn't a limit on how poor they can play without ever getting called out.

I mean sure, I am not saying that our D's are great or anything. Our roster is pretty mediocre. There are some positives and some negatives. And RR certainly have horrible contracts... But I don't get why all the forwards always gets a free pass why our D's always are trashed.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:18 PM
  #39
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather is the GM. Why has Sather signed Semenov yet?
If you haven't noticed from this offseason and training camp, Sather, while having the final word of course, hasn't been as in charge of who is and isn't a New York Ranger as he once was. If Torts wants Semenov then chances are he'll be one by the start of the season.

It's not like you wave a magic wand and a contract magically appears. Negotiations will take place and other things have to get sorted out before the contract can be finalized. He'll be signed in the next few days I'm sure.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
  #40
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
More fun facts;

Rozsival led our defensemen last year with 113 blocked shots.
He was third in takeaways, despite missing 6 games

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
  #41
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I agree 200% with everyone defending Rozi, I didn't catch the last 2 games live and after reading the GDT's I expected him to have been really under the ice when I saw the games afterwards.

Like he mishandled the puck and made a big misstake once -- sure. But other then that he actually played pretty well. A helluva lot better then many of our forwards.

Like I don't get the obssession with trashing D's in NY. Like the forwards gets away with just about everything, there isn't a limit on how poor they can play without ever getting called out.
Well, I'll call them out. But if you mean the N.Y. Media, yeah you won't see too much of it because it all boils down to how much they're getting paid.

If A-Rod was batting .126 right now with 5 home runs and 55 RBI's, he'd be trashed every day in the paper probably even though the Yankees are playing ridiculous.

Same thing here, and I think you won't see much negativity about Drury because he's really only regressing offensively, and he's the captain. I think people have "settled" on the Drury contract and finally realized he's here and not going anywhere so stop *****ing about it.

Kotalik, Voros, Boyle, Avery and Lisin will receive criticism throughout the year more than the others I think.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 04:58 PM
  #42
dfings
 
dfings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Back to the topic of should we get Shubert. I personally think he is a better fit than Semenov because not only can he play defense but fill in at forward. This can give us valuable cap space if he is not only the 7th defense man but also the 13th forward. His cap hit is 883,333 and compare that to the combined cap hit of Voros $1,000,000 and estimated for Semenov of $550,000 which total 1,550,000. That is about 700,000 for the year and at the trade deadline almost worth 2 million.

Shubert is also a big guy who can hit he is around 6'4 and 230 and is a better skater than Semenov. I personally believe he would be a better addition than Semenov on defense and also can move to forward if need be.

dfings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
  #43
gabevh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ny
Country: United States
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Semenov had a 104 mph shot I believe, so that doesnt really say much.
he did? well i bet his stickhandling aint as good ..
but when was this ?

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
  #44
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
he did? well i bet his stickhandling aint as good ..
but when was this ?
http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...article_id=127

"A. Semenov: No, that day I went to Hamilton to pick up my things. But I made it to the Bulldogs vs. Manitoba game, where my friend Fedia Fedorov played pretty good. About the Superskills, we had the exact competition going on with our team. I won the hardest shot competition at 168.4km/hour (GM- 105mph). At the fastest skater competition I came second on the team behind Jason Chimera. He actually got the new NHL record."


I actually read it a few years ago on my nephew's hockey card for him. When we invited him to camp my initial reaction was "Oh the hardest shot guy"

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:19 PM
  #45
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfings View Post
Back to the topic of should we get Shubert. I personally think he is a better fit than Semenov because not only can he play defense but fill in at forward. This can give us valuable cap space if he is not only the 7th defense man but also the 13th forward. His cap hit is 883,333 and compare that to the combined cap hit of Voros $1,000,000 and estimated for Semenov of $550,000 which total 1,550,000. That is about 700,000 for the year and at the trade deadline almost worth 2 million.

Shubert is also a big guy who can hit he is around 6'4 and 230 and is a better skater than Semenov. I personally believe he would be a better addition than Semenov on defense and also can move to forward if need be.
I must say it is a good pt to have a big guy be the spare as both F and D...........then just release Voros

guess we will know tommorow as I figure if they don;t claim Shubert then they will just sign Semenov for cheap..........btw Semenovs agent better not get picky, take a NHL contract even at teh min or Semenov may not get a job this yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
  #46
gabevh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ny
Country: United States
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...article_id=127

"A. Semenov: No, that day I went to Hamilton to pick up my things. But I made it to the Bulldogs vs. Manitoba game, where my friend Fedia Fedorov played pretty good. About the Superskills, we had the exact competition going on with our team. I won the hardest shot competition at 168.4km/hour (GM- 105mph). At the fastest skater competition I came second on the team behind Jason Chimera. He actually got the new NHL record."


I actually read it a few years ago on my nephew's hockey card for him. When we invited him to camp my initial reaction was "Oh the hardest shot guy"
nice.. 2nd in fastest skater? lol for a guy that tall? wow we havent seen the speed yet.

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
  #47
gabevh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ny
Country: United States
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
didnt we invite mclaren to camp? no mention of him so far

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
  #48
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,827
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
didnt we invite mclaren to camp? no mention of him so far
He was inured again and we released him.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
  #49
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
didnt we invite mclaren to camp? no mention of him so far
he was injured and couldnt make it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 07:12 PM
  #50
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
If you haven't noticed from this offseason and training camp, Sather, while having the final word of course, hasn't been as in charge of who is and isn't a New York Ranger as he once was. If Torts wants Semenov then chances are he'll be one by the start of the season.

It's not like you wave a magic wand and a contract magically appears. Negotiations will take place and other things have to get sorted out before the contract can be finalized. He'll be signed in the next few days I'm sure.
In case you haven't noticed Glen Sather still has final authority over personnel. Who has been in charge? Torts?

Negotiations?

1 year/$500,000. Not a penny more.

Semenov should count his lucky stars if he receives a NHL contract.

Sather is doing his due diligence and looking at all available options to him. FYI,there are other options out there.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.