HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators at Blue Jackets | Last Pre-Season Game | 9/27 5PM EDT

Old
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
#8 dropping the Boom.

Skula has had a couple blocks a few missed passes but has looked pretty good.
Skoula doesn't suck. I'd rather see Clitsome at 7, but I won't freak out if they sign the veteran.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Skraut

Well. There was 38 minutes of great hockey anyway...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

*** linesman...

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
stifrontman

Send a message via AIM to stifrontman
What a mind numbingly dull game. Bad passing, dumb plays, no hustle. It was more entertaining to watch our Crunch players last night than our NHL team tonight. Oh well.

stifrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 07:42 PM
CBJfan4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Skoula doesn't suck. I'd rather see Clitsome at 7, but I won't freak out if they sign the veteran.
Didn't think Skoula added much outside of the pass on the Nash breakaway. Filatov dumped hard late in the third 5 m or so. I didn't see in return. Any updates?

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:06 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I would rather see Clitsome huge minutes in Syracuse taking up Dan Smiths roster spot. Riding the bench will do nothing to develop him...IMO.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Jake got absolutely flattened about 4 strides after making a pass. No call. Good to see the refs in mid-season form
I didn't like that either.

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
I would rather see Clitsome huge minutes in Syracuse taking up Dan Smiths roster spot. Riding the bench will do nothing to develop him...IMO.
Agreed

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM
mokkan88

Skoula was caught out of position a few times, but that's nothing that can't be fixed. He does seem to keep a level head out there; his possession game impressed me. I'm just gonna sit here on the fence.

mokkan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 263
Just got back from the game, while it was good to see hockey in person, it was a non descript game. It looked like the Jackets were going through the motions, not wanting to get hurt. Can't blame them, after all, it was a practice game and didn't count in the overall scheme of things. I expect a much better effort on Saturday. Let the season begin!

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Can anybody tell me what's going on here with Garon's new CBJ mask?

This is the best picture I could find, and I can't really tell what it is supposed to be.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

This is the best picture I could find, and I can't really tell what it is supposed to be.

I'd rather know what he's trying to catch.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
CateLeigh

Quote:

I might have a picture tomorrow - one side has Stinger on it - never could tell what the other side was. Daughter says there is an "angry man" on the top. Looked like there was a pink awareness ribbon on the back.

CateLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CateLeigh View Post
I might have a picture tomorrow - one side has Stinger on it - never could tell what the other side was. Daughter says there is an "angry man" on the top. Looked like there was a pink awareness ribbon on the back.
Thanks.

Columbus hasn't seen the Angry-Face Mask since Denis (and it wasn't here for that long).

Good to hear Stinger is returning to a mask. He hasn't been on one since Leclaire's first CBJ mask (I think he was the last one...) Possibly hinting towards a future Stinger Third Jersey?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:21 AM
stifrontman

Send a message via AIM to stifrontman
Quote:
Possibly hinting towards a future Stinger Third Jersey?
Sweet Lord, I hope not.

stifrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 07:55 AM
hashmarks

Like Hitch said in his press conference, this was a reverse of the other night vs. Boston. They barely had anyone in their lineup, and they outplayed the supposed 'superior' lineup. We outshot them by a large margin (and shot more than a couple straight into the goalie instead of the empty net), but they outworked us.

Filatov was faaaaar more engaged and played the best he has had played to date. Good for him and good for the jackets.

Skoula was as advertised. He doesn't use his big frame to hit, but he uses it as a block and gets it in a good position most of the time. He does more reaching and poaching, but he seems like a smart, calm player. Seems to receive the rush in a calm and decisive manner.

That first goal should never have gone in on Mase but some of the other shots were perfectly placed and were taken when the skaters seemed to be just standing around watching. Ellis was very sharp.

Other than that, there was nothing much to see. A pretty uninspired effort by the jackets...like someone said, they looked like they played to not get hurt. Not good.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
blahblah

First off, it was a preseason game. So I don't really care or try and read too much into it.

The part that bothered me is that this was pretty much a rewind of last years crew on defense. For the most part did a decent job in our own zone, got the puck to the forwards and out of the zone with varying degrees of success (mostly good). Basically our defensemen are good in one zone, ok in another, are poor in the third. The forwards are forced to do the heavy lifting in the offensive zone.

I'll say it and I don't care if anyone agrees or not (even Hitch and Howson). Bring Moore and Skoula in. Give Moore a spot, let him play about 60 games, and let the other 3 fight over the last spot. They'll get some time with injuries. Caution be damned.

At least the PP looks better.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
First off, it was a preseason game. So I don't really care or try and read too much into it.

The part that bothered me is that this was pretty much a rewind of last years crew on defense. For the most part did a decent job in our own zone, got the puck to the forwards and out of the zone with varying degrees of success (mostly good). Basically our defensemen are good in one zone, ok in another, are poor in the third. The forwards are forced to do the heavy lifting in the offensive zone.

I'll say it and I don't care if anyone agrees or not (even Hitch and Howson). Bring Moore and Skoula in. Give Moore a spot, let him play about 60 games, and let the other 3 fight over the last spot. They'll get some time with injuries. Caution be damned.

At least the PP looks better.
I agree on Moore. By most accounts, he was our best Dman in the preseason (admittedly I haven't seen him play a game yet). If he's fighting for a 5/6/7 spot, he should be sent to Junior without hesitation. If he's good enough to get significant minutes, let him play. Maybe sit him out every 5th or 6th game so he doesn't get too worn out over 82 games.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 12:08 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Filatov was faaaaar more engaged and played the best he has had played to date. Good for him and good for the jackets.
Nice to hear!

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ--A--N View Post
I agree on Moore. By most accounts, he was our best Dman in the preseason (admittedly I haven't seen him play a game yet). If he's fighting for a 5/6/7 spot, he should be sent to Junior without hesitation. If he's good enough to get significant minutes, let him play. Maybe sit him out every 5th or 6th game so he doesn't get too worn out over 82 games.
Well, that is what he would be playing for this year, he isn't top 4 ready imo.

I believe he will go back to jr. I am sure he will be disappointed, but at least we have a legit player to look forward to next year.

Old
09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Well, that is what he would be playing for this year, he isn't top 4 ready imo.

I believe he will go back to jr. I am sure he will be disappointed, but at least we have a legit player to look forward to next year.
Latest blog entry said they shipped him back. Aren't you glad I'm not the GM?

I am both looking forward too and dreading the start to the season.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:40 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Latest blog entry said they shipped him back. Aren't you glad I'm not the GM?

I am both looking forward too and dreading the start to the season.
Too funny. I am about the same way...more leaning to the side of dread in fact.

Some people who I sit with at the games are tired of pre-season and just want to get started and are bored with pre-season games. I said to them vs. Nashville that this was the last relaxing hockey game we are going to get to watch until hopefully june!

The first month's schedule is so brutal that if we don't get off to a good start (which is what every other team will be looking to do) could make for another very stressful season.

The stress last year was at an all time high and I wouldn't mind NOT white knuckling it all year long.

Hitch has a lot of fires to light under those vets, because but for a few of them a game or two, they have been uninspired. Hopefully they get it going.