HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torts: 19-year-old Del Zotto has made team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
  #1
TheDave1022
Registered User
 
TheDave1022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Carmel, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Torts: 19-year-old Del Zotto has made team

As per his twitter

TheDave1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
  #2
Colt Seavers
Registered User
 
Colt Seavers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
nice!

Colt Seavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:04 PM
  #3
Section311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Good for him. He played well and def deserves to be here

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
  #4
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Awesome... this guys potential is through the roof.

I wish I can feel the elation that MDZ is feeling righ about now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
  #5
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Yeah we kinda figured that out already, but thanks, Torts.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:08 PM
  #6
NYR MacTruck
Registered User
 
NYR MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
hell yes

NYR MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:10 PM
  #7
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Yeah we kinda figured that out already, but thanks, Torts.



Does this mean that they told him, "Your with us for the entire season for good or for bad" or "You've made the team out of camp, but we are still going to make a final decision after 9 games" ?? Thats what i'd like to know.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
  #8
TheDave1022
Registered User
 
TheDave1022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Carmel, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Just looking at the SNY blog and Monzo said: This excites me. He can play nine games before getting sent back to juniors. This will be based on his play. More to come…

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2009/0...to-makes-team/

So maybe torts was just stating the obvious that he will play at least 9 games and not be sent to Juniors just yet.

TheDave1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
  #9
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Yeah I think it's more of a "Del Zotto has made the team out of training camp" but if he looks like he's going to struggle, they'll probably send him down.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
  #10
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
More from Andrew Gross.

Quote:
@AGrossRecord: Maybe no juniors for Del Zotto. Per Torts: "Based on his play, he's made the team. It has nothing to do with minors or juniors." #Rangers

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
  #11
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
I'm pretty excited to see two rookie defensemen make the team.

Anyone know the last time we had two rookie dmen make the team out of camp?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
  #12
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 873
Not surprised. Torts was saying at the alumni meeting that he wanted an influx of youth in the line-up this year.

He deserves it. Has the potential to be a really good one. I just wish he'd shoot more, even though his passing is beautiful.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
  #13
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
I don't think he's ever been a huge goal scorer, so I'm not too worried about his shooting...its his passing that will be most welcome.

Gilroy will be the puck rusher, goal scoring defenseman, and Del Zotto will be the PP QB and breakout passing defenseman

assuming they continue to perform well...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
  #14
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
I'm pretty excited to see two rookie defensemen make the team.

Anyone know the last time we had two rookie dmen make the team out of camp?
In 01-02, Kloucek made it, and Mottau. But I dont know if Mottau mad e it out of camp or if he was a callup.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
  #15
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
whoa, Mottau is older than me. Feels weird because I remember him being a "rookie" and trying to make the team for awhile. Then again, he was an older rookie since he had finished college.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
  #16
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Great news.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
  #17
wereback
Registered User
 
wereback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
I'm pretty excited to see two rookie defensemen make the team.

Anyone know the last time we had two rookie dmen make the team out of camp?
Staal and Girardi????...

either way its exciting.

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
  #18
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Staal and Girardi????...

either way its exciting.
Girardi was techinically a rookie, but he had played NHL hockey the season before (34 games plus playoffs).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:31 PM
  #19
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post



Does this mean that they told him, "Your with us for the entire season for good or for bad" or "You've made the team out of camp, but we are still going to make a final decision after 9 games" ?? Thats what i'd like to know.
That's what I want to know, but honestly, can you see Tortorella carving anything in stone for anyone? If Del Zotto falters in his 9 games, he's going back. The Rangers are responsible to the development of it's players. If he is best served going back, he'll go back. If he has nothing to gain, if he'll be better for the mistakes, he'll stay. But he'll have to earn it. Right now he's earned the extended tryout. He can't be satisfied or content.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
  #20
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
In 01-02, Kloucek made it, and Mottau. But I dont know if Mottau mad e it out of camp or if he was a callup.
Kloucek wasn't a rookie in 01-02 and Mottau def. didn't make the team out of camp.

To find two rookies making the top 6 out of camp you probably have to go back a lot further. Best guesses are Patrick and Ledyard in '84 or Laidlaw and Hospodar/Kotsopoulos in '80.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:36 PM
  #21
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Girardi was techinically a rookie, but he had played NHL hockey the season before (34 games plus playoffs).
You are still a rookie after 34 games?

Edit: Its looks like the criteria for the Calder is no more than 25 games played, so unless that was recently changed (which is possible) Girardi was not a rookie in '07.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:36 PM
  #22
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't think he's ever been a huge goal scorer, so I'm not too worried about his shooting...its his passing that will be most welcome.
Oh, I know. It's just you can't become too one dimensional. Just shoot here and there (if anything) to keep people honest.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM
  #23
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Kloucek wasn't a rookie in 01-02 and Mottau def. didn't make the team out of camp.

To find two rookies making the top 6 out of camp you probably have to go back a lot further. Best guesses are Patrick and Ledyard in '84 or Laidlaw and Hospodar/Kotsopoulos in '80.
My bad I meant 00-01.

Johnsson made the team a year before in 99-00.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
  #24
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
You are still a rookie after 34 games?

Edit: Its looks like the criteria for the Calder is no more than 25 games played, so unless that was recently changed (which is possible) Girardi was not a rookie in '07.
Fair enough, then he wasn't a rookie .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
  #25
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
That's what I want to know, but honestly, can you see Tortorella carving anything in stone for anyone? If Del Zotto falters in his 9 games, he's going back. The Rangers are responsible to the development of it's players. If he is best served going back, he'll go back. If he has nothing to gain, if he'll be better for the mistakes, he'll stay. But he'll have to earn it. Right now he's earned the extended tryout. He can't be satisfied or content.
considering del zottos plays will be compared to blowzsival, im sure hes gonna be fine

hes gonna look like a star compare to mr fumbles and bumbles a/k/a mr primary assist for the opposition.

seriously though, good for mdz. hes earned this. great to see a talented yute come in and earn a spot. now he needs to start shooting it more from the point and im sure hell get strong calder consideration.

hes gonna be a fixture on our pp this season by default. im fine with that since no one has shown anything better than what hes shown which has been cool, calm, collected and poised.

dont care if hes 19 or 9 for that matter, from what ive seen , hes gonna be a real nice player for us.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.