What do you guys think?

kdups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdups View Post
I think you plugged in the most obvious players to the hole. However, I wouldn't call it set in stone. Also, Crawford (at least according to the article you quoted from the DMN blog) did not say who Ribeiro's RW would be or Modano's LW.

You might point that out to be a little more accurate.

I can't wait to see the Neal-Richards-Eriksson line.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:49 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
BrendEn

and yeah, those will probably be the lines. If Lehtinen can't start the season then all bets are off.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
If Benn somehow manages to stick, which I doubt, but still, it's a possibility, I would expect him to bump Ott down a line.

Ajacied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
BrendEn

and yeah, those will probably be the lines. If Lehtinen can't start the season then all bets are off.
Benn's has impressed quite a few people as a RW on Modano's line. He could very well fill that role when Lehtinen is hurt (which could be fairly often).

Side note: Iím not surprised that Crawford has singled out Benn and Wandell for their play, but I was surprised that Lindgren is having a solid camp. Hopefully that will carry over to the AHL. IIRC, he was playing really well down the stretch in 2007-08 with Iowa.

Old
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
kdups

what do you guys expect from Neal this year?

kdups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Quite a bit if he plays the full season with Richards and Eriksson. He needs to at least match his goal totals from last year while improving his defensive play. It would make since for Crawford to play them against the other team's top line with Ribeiro's group probably drawing the checking line from the opposition.

Old
09-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
A lot.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
I expect him to have a bit of a sophmore slump this year. I don't think he'll be as good as some on here and other Stars boards want him to be. He'll have a bit slump I think.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

How bout Morrow? Healthy and back to his usual 70 point self while racking up the PIMs?

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
I expect him to at least match his goal totals from last year, while improving his assist/point totals. His defense is an interesting matter, as I put him in a similar category as Brunnstrom. I don't think either player is as bad defensively as their reputations or +/- would indicate. Part of playing good defense comes down to chemistry, and both players were bumped around the lineup throughout the season. I fully expect Neal to start the season on Richards and Eriksson's line, whose skillsets seem complimentary to one another.

I've felt the sky is the limit for Neal for a while, and I fully understand the possibility that he may have a sophomore slump. My gut leans toward him having already fought through his significant adversity during his rookie season with his demotion to the AHL, bouncing around the lineup, etc.

If you're looking for a stat line, I'll throw out: 27-22-49

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 06:53 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Cam Janssen View Post
How bout Morrow? Healthy and back to his usual 70 point self while racking up the PIMs?
Another fantasy question?

I know a knee injury is quite different from a wrist injury, but part of what makes Morrow Morrow is that he is somewhat of a freak of nature. He was lost for half the season in 06-07 when his wrist got slashed by a skate blade, and he came back and had a career year in 07-08. He has been more judicious with his PIMs over the last few years...so I'd say he's safe to be around 100, but not up in the 130's, or 180's like a few years ago. But hey, he was on pace for over 220 in his very shortened season last year, but I can't imagine he'd keep that up for a whole season while playing on the first line.

Old
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
hoppy
EK65

Send a message via MSN to hoppy
I have Brunnstrom, Neal and Ribeiro.

I'm guessing I should drop Brunnstrom over Neal for sure, right?
Because I will be dropping one of them as they`re both LWs

hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Chad_

Don't drop Neal. No offense intended because at least you're asking, but you'd be a monumental fool to drop Neal over Brunnstrom at this point. Neal will feature on one of the top two lines (depending on which line you call the first line) and on one of the PP units (if pre-season is any indication, it would be the PP unit getting the most minutes.

Brunnstrom, at present, will be battling to dress and once he does, he won't get top pairing or spend much, if any, time on the PP unit. He simply isn't doing very well right now. I expect that to change, but Brunnstrom will be available via waivers in most leagues after the first couple of weeks. Don't be that guy that kept Brunnstrom to dump Neal.

Hopefully that's strong enough language to emphasize the point, but not too strong to put you off as that's hardly my intention.

ADDED: I'm not sure how your league is set up and if it matters, but Brunnstrom plays almost exclusively on the right side for the Stars.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
hoppy
EK65

Send a message via MSN to hoppy
Fair enough. They're both the worst LWers of my team.
I guess I'll be dropping Brunnstrom..

hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
txdude5101

Gazdic

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Will Eriksson be able to match his offensive numbers of last year? It's funny...I remember the hype of the Dallas fans a few years ago, but Eriksson never was able to produce like it was expected...and now...bang, he's a great player. Good for you guys!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Will Eriksson be able to match his offensive numbers of last year? It's funny...I remember the hype of the Dallas fans a few years ago, but Eriksson never was able to produce like it was expected...and now...bang, he's a great player. Good for you guys!
Personally, I think he will surpass his goal and point totals from last year, especially if Richards stays healthy. I've got him on my fantasy team again this year and feel pretty good about it. It should be pointed out though, that when it comes to the Dallas Stars winning, while Eriksson's goals will be counted upon, it is his ability to play defense that makes him so valuable. So, if at some point the Stars have a handful of scoring wingers, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him dip in goal/point totals. I personally have him pegged for a 40 goal season though. Regardless, his days of scoring fewer than 20 goals are long gone. Not that preseason scoring means anything, but he does co-lead the Stars in goals I believe at 4 (tied with Benn), and I think he has 6 pts in 4 games I think. Too lazy to look it up.