HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5 players assigned to Hamilton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2009, 05:36 PM
  #26
Coach Brisebois*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I agree, you can't look at guys like Moen and Metropolit as simply 4th liners. They are character guys that bring the kind of intangibles that your D'agostini's or Latendresse's don't. They just happen to be on the 4th line right now. I'd imagine as well that they will be used almost as much as the third line when Laraque is not in the lineup.
One of these things is not like the other, one of there things...

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:37 PM
  #27
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,555
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Pacioretty still being up is a mistake, hopefully they realize this soon enough and put him in the AHL where it's critical for his developmental.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:46 PM
  #28
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pacioretty still being up is a mistake, hopefully they realize this soon enough and put him in the AHL where it's critical for his developmental.
Man WTK you have been so cocky with your opinions lately. I know you are a long time contributor here and usually for the better but I just keep noticing your opinions popping up as total absolutes and thinking you know more than everyone surrounding the organization itself. It's odd to see that you really think you know what's best for Pacioretty's development or where he 'belongs' and such.

I have no problems with people being opinionated, but when you start to think your two cents is worth any more than that it makes you look a little crazy IMO. It's kind of amusing in a way.

I too think Patches may not be ready for a top line responsibility based on everything we've seen, and he may be better served in Hamilton but obviously the big boys disagree so I'm very curious to see how the experiment works out. I'll at least give it a shot and give them some time to play some real hockey before thinking my opinion is anything more than that.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
  #29
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,380
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
seeerious, WTK lighten up brah :/

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
  #30
Riza
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pacioretty still being up is a mistake, hopefully they realize this soon enough and put him in the AHL where it's critical for his developmental.
I completely agree, "cocky" opinion and all. Seems like we're short a top 6 forward and the Habs brass are trying to hit a home run despite knowing that they may well strike out and hurt Pacioretty long-term.

Riza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:24 PM
  #31
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,555
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Man WTK you have been so cocky with your opinions lately. I know you are a long time contributor here and usually for the better but I just keep noticing your opinions popping up as total absolutes and thinking you know more than everyone surrounding the organization itself. It's odd to see that you really think you know what's best for Pacioretty's development or where he 'belongs' and such.

I have no problems with people being opinionated, but when you start to think your two cents is worth any more than that it makes you look a little crazy IMO. It's kind of amusing in a way.

I too think Patches may not be ready for a top line responsibility based on everything we've seen, and he may be better served in Hamilton but obviously the big boys disagree so I'm very curious to see how the experiment works out. I'll at least give it a shot and give them some time to play some real hockey before thinking my opinion is anything more than that.
I have high hopes for the kid. This is just fast-tracking him to Latendresse-dom. Which is not what I wanna see. Seriously, they have more seasoned kids that can't go down to the AHL, or have been in the NHL for longer with their NHL games developed and they don't use them in the top line position but put a kid who's obviously not ready into the spot.

Does anybody think Pacioretty's camp this year was better than last years? I know that it wasn't. This kid can do some great things offensively, but we're not gonna see it if we rush him like we are.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 01:07 AM
  #32
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,204
vCash: 500
Stewart should consider himself lucky cause he was brutal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:18 AM
  #33
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Pacioretty still being up is a mistake, hopefully they realize this soon enough and put him in the AHL where it's critical for his developmental.
We've heard you for the 750th time.

I think I'll put a little more stock in the opinions of Jacques Martin and the Habs coaching staff.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:04 AM
  #34
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I have high hopes for the kid. This is just fast-tracking him to Latendresse-dom. Which is not what I wanna see. Seriously, they have more seasoned kids that can't go down to the AHL, or have been in the NHL for longer with their NHL games developed and they don't use them in the top line position but put a kid who's obviously not ready into the spot.

Does anybody think Pacioretty's camp this year was better than last years? I know that it wasn't. This kid can do some great things offensively, but we're not gonna see it if we rush him like we are.
Normally I would agree with you, but I'm going to trust Martin on this one. Martin has experience developing young talented forwards into great players(See Hossa, Havlat, Alfredsson, Spezza).

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:07 AM
  #35
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I have high hopes for the kid. This is just fast-tracking him to Latendresse-dom. Which is not what I wanna see. Seriously, they have more seasoned kids that can't go down to the AHL, or have been in the NHL for longer with their NHL games developed and they don't use them in the top line position but put a kid who's obviously not ready into the spot.

Does anybody think Pacioretty's camp this year was better than last years? I know that it wasn't. This kid can do some great things offensively, but we're not gonna see it if we rush him like we are.
Theres a big difference with between Lats and Pac. Pac can skate, play in every zone, every situation and can play defensively. Thats what matters the most for JM.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:30 AM
  #36
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrates View Post
too bad for weber
He didn't play well enough to take anyone's spot and still needs time in the AHL. I think he will learn allot from Boucher.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.