HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread III (All non Habs Hockey talk here) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2009, 03:13 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Good night, sweet prince.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:17 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Enjoy Hamilton Robert! err....Phoenix.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Guy Germaine

Poor guy...he deserves better than Phoenix.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:20 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

We should trade for him at the deadline

Old
09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Habsolutely

Any idea about $$$ ?

Old
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Habs83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
Any idea about $$$ ?
no idea, but i would imagine it can't be too much.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:35 PM
TroyM

Very happy for Lang. He made me a big fan. Seemed like a hell of a guy too. Wish him well against all his non-Hab opponents.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
bib
#believe

Hope Lang plays great in Phoenix and is traded somewhere at the deadline.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
Poor guy...he deserves better than Phoenix.
It's just 1 year then he moves to Hamilton

Old
09-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Franky Gee

I'm happy he's still in the NHL... you know

Old
09-29-2009, 03:53 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We should trade for him at the deadline
Might happen. Look at it this way - he's going to have a half-season with us to get back his conditioning, then when we're outside of the playoffs at the deadline we'll trade him back to you so he can retire a Hab...

I'm glad to have Lang here - I loved what he did for you guys last year.

Old
09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Smurfs View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293071

Canucks send down Hodgson to junior...This surprises me as all accounts I have read referred to him as a lock.
so was Grabner, did not have a good camp. Shirokov though was awesome and made the team.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Habsolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
no idea, but i would imagine it can't be too much.
Lang produced 39 pts in 50 games last year. That's around 60ish points if he stayed healthy.

Any team signing him around $2M will be a steal.

Old
09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Matt Lashoff on waivers is very surprising.

I wish we had room. I'd be very interested in picking him up.

Old
09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Matt Lashoff on waivers is very surprising.

I wish we had room. I'd be very interested in picking him up.
Totally agree.

Old
09-29-2009, 11:34 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well clearly, your knowledge of those players stayed with how they've looked as London players. 'Cause if you would've followed their progression in higher levels, you would have seen that having a bad work ethic was said about those 2 guys since they've reached those pro levels. You know, it does happen sometimes that players that have it real too easy in lower levels, believe it would be that easy in higher levels. And if "slipping into bad habits" is the term that you've found so we wouldn't use having a bad work ethic, so be it. If it makes you feel better. But it's not because you have your own reality that it's actually true. I'm basing my comments on what we heard and read since both guys reached the Pro levels. You don't want to see it, that's your problem. Seems to me I'm not the one who's misinformed.....

Just for fun, google Schremp and work ethic and have fun....But I guess they are all wrong.

By the way, you've asked the question before if the poster had seen him play...how's that relevant to a work ethic? The guy was so gifted that he didn't need a great work ethic to make it happen. I can name a whole lot of Q players that I've seen, that I knew personally, that was known to people I knew, who dominated the league without trying. Anyway, again, I didn't know Schremp personnally. If we would all wait to know NHL guys personally to talk about them, we'd close this board. But coming from a whole lot of different sources, seems to me that work ethic cannot be put in the strengths column. By the way, I didn't call him a murderer....seems that you are taking this a little too personal....

Also, note that I said that he wouldn't be Martin type of guy. I already mentioned in other threads a few months ago that I wouldn't be against trying to get him to give a new push to his career. Often our guys leaves the team and does better elsewhere. Schremp could have been a candidate to do that as well.
Murderer? not too overly dramatic are we?

I'm telling you. You can level criticisms at either player that might stick, but your "work ethic" generalization is simply that. Especially when you tacitly suggest it is something that has been there a long time. So it isn't anything "personal". I'm just calling BS on what is just broad strokes criticism based upon pretty shallow knowledge

You want to say SK needs to be more mature and disciplined? No arguments here. But work ethic? Sorry, no sale. For crying out loud how does a guy with "work ethic" issues get a routine PK spot. Think about it. Bit of a contradiction.

As for Schremp or any other player. How can you possibly make real criticism about somebody's work ethic without seeing them play. Of course it is relevant if you are going to give YOUR opinion on a player. Otherwise you are making assumptions. You haven't even said what "a whole lot of sources" are.

The funny thing is that I do not think Schremp would be a good fit for montreal. But work ethic has absolutely nothing to do with it. If we are going to knock guys why not be fair about it is all I am saying

He worked hard this summer getting ready for camp. Played a week long tournament with Knights alims against 3 European team. The kid was fit and played hard

Quinn had this to say after he was cut:

Pat Quinn said it was real numbers game that resulted in Schremp's departure.

"It's a matter of numbers in a lot of ways. We have a number of guys that have very similar sorts of looks. They're very highly skilled, they play a lot of the game on the outside," he said, noting that Schremp did impress.

"His attitude's terrific. He came here with the thoughts he was going to earn a job," Quinn stated. "He showed us everything he has on that skill-level side and is a highly-skilled kid."

The Oilers bench boss went on to say that the team needed more physical-type players with size to round out a talented lineup.

"We're going to have a Jacques in the lineup, we're going to have a Stone probably in the lineup," Quinn continued. "You have to have a blend, a mix. That's those complementary skillsets that make good teams. You can't have 22 Rob Schremps."

Last edited by JrHockeyFan: 09-29-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old
09-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Jedrik

Was just looking at Schremp's draft class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_NHL_Entry_Draft

Seems like a seriously hit-or-miss year. 'Miss', in our case, I'll say. Apart from the already-established, anybody poised to break out from that group?

Old
09-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
I'd like to see him play with Cammalleri. Easy seafood jokes.

Other than that, no.
Add Bouillon and you've got yourself a delicious bouillabaisse...

Old
09-30-2009, 04:23 AM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
here's some quote from Rob Schremp himself

Schremp looking forward to clean slate with Edmonton

[[I]Slightly humbled, but only slightly, Schremp admits to a diminishing of confidence -- but certainly doesn't display any less hubris.[/I]

"I'm just looking for a fair chance,"
"I just want to play my game and play how I can play. I just want to be able to play my game and play Rob Schremp hockey. *wtf*

"Not everybody's going to like your game. There's 30 teams, right?"

About his horrible season

"Last year I played well up, then was sent back down to a last-place team. A lot of it had to do with my play down there -- my play sucked. It was a tough situation -- it was just one of those years in hockey that you want to erase. It just sucked. "

"That year's over and now I don't have to have the same negative thoughts in my head. Now I have a chance this summer to regroup, get my thoughts back, prioritize, and realize what I have to do to get to the NHL"

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...with_edmonton/

Old
09-30-2009, 06:48 AM
LesCanadiens

Sundin Officially Retires TSN

As perLink Now: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293154

Old
09-30-2009, 06:48 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Finally
5 years too late

Old
09-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Samuelson

Waiit a minute, does this mean he's NOT coming to Montreal?

Old
09-30-2009, 06:58 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Finally
5 years too late
5 years? Come on man. I know he was a Leaf and all, but show a great player some respect. He should have retired a Leaf and I bet he knows it. Last year was his only mistake.

Old
09-30-2009, 06:58 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

At least he didn't drag this **** on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kanyeezy.jpg‎ (40.4 KB, 52 views)

Old
09-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
You want to say SK needs to be more mature and disciplined? No arguments here. But work ethic? Sorry, no sale. For crying out loud how does a guy with "work ethic" issues get a routine PK spot. Think about it. Bit of a contradiction.

As for Schremp or any other player. How can you possibly make real criticism about somebody's work ethic without seeing them play. Of course it is relevant if you are going to give YOUR opinion on a player. Otherwise you are making assumptions. You haven't even said what "a whole lot of sources" are.
By the way, I have seen Schremp play plenty since I watch a whole lot of games through the net and TV in order to follow the next draft class and our prospects and so I've seen Schremp dominated the play like almost no other. And I'm pretty sure that a whole lot of journalists and fans have seen the same games and still the idea that Schremp doesn't have the greatest of work ethic stuck with him for a long time. Now, if I want to be fair like you're saying, I will say that I have no idea how is last summer went, how he finally put his act together and how he's taking the game now. But one proof that watching him during games means nothing, you just said that you know, since my guess is that you know the guy personnally, he worked hard in the summer and played in a tournament and so on...which is then proof a guy understanding that talent is not enough and work needs to be a big part of his game. Possible that he did that previously as well which is then a sign of a better work ethic which then prooves my point that you don't see somebody's work ethic solely by watching games.

Totally understand that in order to give a hockey opinoin on a player, you need to have seen him. Reason why I will never doubt his pure hockey skills. Reason why I will never doubt his puckhandling skills and so on. But everybody else needs to come from the inside and the "word" was that he wasn't a whole lot into working. If he finally understood it, well fine, I retract my words as far as NOW, he's fine as far as the work ethic is concerned. But again, it seems that in the past he wasn't based on all the comments that were made. By a whole lot of sources, I did say to google Schremp and Work ethic and you'll see who they are. I read it a whole lot of time on this board, heard on TSN and so on.....Again, it's not all reputable I know. But when it comes from plenty of people, it has to mean something.

Closed Thread