HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Doyle Charged with Assault

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2009, 12:39 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Chris Doyle Charged with Assault

As brought up in the Prospect thread, decided to created its own thread for Chris Doyle on this matter. He sure is making quite the name for himself in the past month!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edwa...doyle-584.html

Quote:
Officials with the team said forward player Chris Doyle, 19, spent the night in jail following the incident some time last week, but are giving no further details.
This should be quite interesting how this plays out..

Old
09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
NYR Viper

If he is found guilty he can kiss any chance of playing with the Rangers goodbye.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
asparkoflife

seriously. He's had quite the run-ins already.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:54 AM
ColonialsHockey10

And he has so much talent also! If he gets his head on straight he's a pretty nice prospect to have.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

It's a shame.

But with Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Grachev, Kreider, Stepan, and Werek in the long term mix...

Doyle probably would have been on the outside looking in anyway.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
It's a shame.

But with Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Grachev, Kreider, Stepan, and Werek in the long term mix...

Doyle probably would have been on the outside looking in anyway.
If he had a good attitude and work-ethic he would be in the mix without a doubt. The kid has significant talent offensively and defense can be taught.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:04 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
If he had a good attitude and work-ethic he would be in the mix without a doubt. The kid has significant talent offensively and defense can be taught.
That's true.

It's unfortunate.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

It's the same issues with guys like Schremp and S.Kostitsyn.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:05 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
That's true.

It's unfortunate.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

It's the same issues with guys like Schremp and S.Kostitsyn.
Yeah, although this kid seems to actually have some anger issues. Those other two may have work-ethic issues but I dont think you would see them in jail.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:09 AM
The Thomas J.*

Trade him to Chicago & put him on a line with Kane. The Felon Line.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:26 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
In that case you can throw half the montreal canadiens at them

What are the details, asssualting for what?

Old
09-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

If it's a misdemeanor, it's a non-story really. He'll get a day or two in community service to have the charges dismissed or maybe they have a Canadian version of ACD (stay out of trouble for half a year, the case is dismissed and sealed, and you don't even have to come back to court).

You'll be surprised how many young men get arrested for misdemeanors. Most just don't tell anyone about it.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:44 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
If it's a misdemeanor, it's a non-story really. He'll get a day or two in community service to have the charges dismissed or maybe they have a Canadian version of ACD (stay out of trouble for half a year, the case is dismissed and sealed, and you don't even have to come back to court).

You'll be surprised how many young men get arrested for misdemeanors. Most just don't tell anyone about it.
The issue goes beyond the isolated incident. In the case of Patrick Kane, while it certainly wasn't a good thing, it was an isolated incident and in the long run means nothing.

For Doyle, though, it goes beyond this one incident. It's another questionable event a turbulent career for Chris Doyle. His head CLEARLY isn't on straight right now and he needs to realize that this crap won't earn him even a professional contract, let alone a chance in the NHL.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:46 AM
The Thomas J.*

I agree, I was trying to be funny when I said Felon line.

Even in the Kane situation it was vastly over blown & was 99% the fault of the cabbie looking to create a problem so he could get a civil suit out of it.

Kane should have just walked away immediatly.

Hell, Mark Messier got pinched for drunk driving once while playing in Edmonton during his early years.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:02 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

oops! unless it's serious, it's not a big deal to me. Even if it's serious, I won't lose sleep over it. Doyle really needs to worry about getting a contract at this point. There is so much competition ahead of him in our prospect pool that he's got his work worked out for him.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:05 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Even in the Kane situation it was vastly over blown & was 99% the fault of the cabbie looking to create a problem so he could get a civil suit out of it.
And where are you getting this information? Even the lawyer representing Jan Radecki (the cabbie) downplayed the earlier accusations that were first reported.

Attorneys said Radecki sought no restitution, just an apology.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:35 AM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
look at comments on bottom ..
Well sorry but "Innocent until proven guilty" does not work in this situation. I know the girl, and what he did to her. He should be charged with assault, given a sentance to serve therefore suspended from the team. But... because he is a "hockey player" (whopee!) I am sure he and the team will have the spin doctors working and come up with some excuse (alcohol is the usual scapegoat) for punching a girl in the face.

doesnt that mean we should trade him to flyers or isles? lmao
anyway, if its true.. uh oh .

Old
09-30-2009, 07:03 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Some kids don't realize how good they have it...smh

Old
09-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Levitate

yuuup, way to keep throwing away your dreams, kid

Is it really worth losing a chance to play pro hockey

edit: then again, Billy Tibbits got his chance and from all accounts he was 100% pure *******

Last edited by Levitate: 09-30-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old
09-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Nich

If it is true he punched a girl in the face, I am rooting for him to break his leg...

Old
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:

It's not about the severity of the crime, IMO, more that it seems to be Doyle establishing a pattern of bad judgment. There were already questions about his maturity when he was drafted, and now he's been involved in (at least) two questionable incidents in a matter of a month. Even if this proves to be a minor scrape, it's still troubling. I know he's just a kid and still growing up, but he needs to start turning **** around very very soon or else he's not long for this organization.

Old
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
And where are you getting this information? Even the lawyer representing Jan Radecki (the cabbie) downplayed the earlier accusations that were first reported.

Attorneys said Radecki sought no restitution, just an apology.
NHL Home ice.

Old
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
The issue goes beyond the isolated incident. In the case of Patrick Kane, while it certainly wasn't a good thing, it was an isolated incident and in the long run means nothing.

For Doyle, though, it goes beyond this one incident. It's another questionable event a turbulent career for Chris Doyle. His head CLEARLY isn't on straight right now and he needs to realize that this crap won't earn him even a professional contract, let alone a chance in the NHL.
I wouldn't really say that. Kane is known for being a hot head and has had altercations before. None to this extent, but the kid is not a nice kid. He's far from being a model citizen.

Old
09-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
If it is true he punched a girl in the face, I am rooting for him to break his leg...
If he truly punched a girl in the face, the misdemeanor will likely stick and he'll have a criminal record ... and he can forget about the NHL unless he becomes a top-6 forward willing to play for 4-th line money.

I thought it was a little bar scrap or some other pushing/shoving match that we all had at some point as young men.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Add Akim Aliu to that line too!

Old
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
owa

Quote:
If he truly punched a girl in the face, the misdemeanor will likely stick and he'll have a criminal record ... and he can forget about the NHL unless he becomes a top-6 forward willing to play for 4-th line money.

I thought it was a little bar scrap or some other pushing/shoving match that we all had at some point as young men.
I could elaborate, but my posts keep being deleted. I think it's because the site doesn't want anything related to charges explicitly discussed until Chris Doyle is proven guilty or innocent.

I can respect that decision, so hopefully when such a time comes that we are allowed to discuss the details publically, I can just say that I did see what happened and that I believe he is going to have PR battle, and the PEI Rocket are going to face some tough decisions.

I don't know the man personally, but a lot of people that I do know are infact friends with him and by all accounts he isn't a bad guy. If he is found guilty though, I certainly hope he faces the full penaltys of the law. Some things are not excusable.

Closed Thread