HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener Question?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2009, 11:17 AM
  #1
Flyers81390
Registered User
 
Flyers81390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Home Opener Question?

I have tickets to the home opener and i was wondering if anyone has heard if they will give out orange shirts like they did in the playoffs and for the home openers in the past?

Flyers81390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
  #2
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
I heard something about a black flyers cap.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
  #3
Kambo
 
Kambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I heard something about a black flyers cap.
Not sure if they're giving them out, but I know if you buy tickets to home opening week (Caps/ Pens/ Anaheim game), you get a free cap.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:50 AM
  #4
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
They are handing out tshirts and schedule magnets at the opener.

I think you had to order through that promotion to get the hat. I think anyone that already had tickets gets screwed.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
  #5
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
They are handing out tshirts and schedule magnets at the opener.

I think you had to order through that promotion to get the hat. I think anyone that already had tickets gets screwed.
Are you sure on the shirts? Unless plans have changed, inside information that I received shows only the magnets as giveaways... no mention of shirts.


As for the hats... The Flyers are initiating a marked drive to sell single game tickets this coming seasons, in an effort to move the non-season/package tickets before game day. We can expect many such promotions. That said, as a STH I am not thrilled with the idea that people who pay upfront and commit to multiple games are not receiving the same perks as those who purchase single games in a short advanced sale... I realize that the STHs receive a substantial discount, but feel that that is a trade-off for upfront cash, and a commitment. The hats and other promos are sponsored, and probably not costing the organization any money, merely overhead in storage and distribution... Giving out the Opening Week Hats to all attending would be a good faith gesture, not doing so could back fire on them if such continue on the long run.

[/STH-RANT]

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:10 PM
  #6
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Are you sure on the shirts? Unless plans have changed, inside information that I received shows only the magnets as giveaways... no mention of shirts.
That's what my ticket rep said in general conversation a few weeks ago. It could have changed.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 12:31 PM
  #7
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
That's what my ticket rep said in general conversation a few weeks ago. It could have changed.
If that's what the rep said, I guess it is so... my info must have failed to include them with the magnets... Sweet... Thanks.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
  #8
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
If you go on the website and go to Purchase Individual Tickets, it tells you the promotion/giveaway for the game.

For the home opener:
Quote:
Giveaway: Magnetic Schedule/Cheer Cards and T-Shirts

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:42 PM
  #9
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Junky...it's so funny how we differ with out STH opinions. I thought we got a LOT of perks as STH... posters, pint glasses, etc. LOL

Maybe, since I'm still new, it's just the honeymoon period of STHdom for me!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:43 PM
  #10
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
If you go on the website and go to Purchase Individual Tickets, it tells you the promotion/giveaway for the game.

For the home opener:
So much for my inside information. LOL.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
  #11
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Junky...it's so funny how we differ with out STH opinions. I thought we got a LOT of perks as STH... posters, pint glasses, etc. LOL

Maybe, since I'm still new, it's just the honeymoon period of STHdom for me!
Pint glasses? That's awesome!

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
  #12
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Pint glasses? That's awesome!
Yeah, four of them!! They're sweet!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:52 PM
  #13
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Junky...it's so funny how we differ with out STH opinions. I thought we got a LOT of perks as STH... posters, pint glasses, etc. LOL

Maybe, since I'm still new, it's just the honeymoon period of STHdom for me!
I know... you are 100% correct... I guess I just take those things for granted, and forget about them... But the bottom line is that I am flat out GREEDY, and I want it ALL.


... I just had a knee-jerk reaction to not getting what others were getting.


To be completely honest with you, I am totally satisfied and happy with the way the organization treats us STHs... In fact I often argue with my STH partner who is more cynical and always complains.

Thanks for showing my the error of my ways, Jules -- I'm not being sarcastic either.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 02:05 PM
  #14
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
I know... you are 100% correct... I guess I just take those things for granted, and forget about them... But the bottom line is that I am flat out GREEDY, and I want it ALL.


... I just had a knee-jerk reaction to not getting what others were getting.


To be completely honest with you, I am totally satisfied and happy with the way the organization treats us STHs... In fact I often argue with my STH partner who is more cynical and always complains.

Thanks for showing my the error of my ways, Jules -- I'm not being sarcastic either.
Always here to help!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
  #15
Kambo
 
Kambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Yeah, four of them!! They're sweet!
Man wtf?! Why is all the good **** going out the year I only do a partial? I miss the sth lottery for the winter classic and have to pay $900 for a package when all i want are tickets, and now i dont even get the pint glasses. Being a partial holder is ****tier than i thought.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 02:22 PM
  #16
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Man wtf?! Why is all the good **** going out the year I only do a partial? I miss the sth lottery for the winter classic and have to pay $900 for a package when all i want are tickets, and now i dont even get the pint glasses. Being a partial holder is ****tier than i thought.
If it's any consolation, the glasses were a couple years ago....

Are you definitely going to the WC? Are you going thru the fan club??

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
  #17
Kambo
 
Kambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
If it's any consolation, the glasses were a couple years ago....

Are you definitely going to the WC? Are you going thru the fan club??
Ah ok. I thought that was this year. I was gonna say.

My friend's aunt and cousin signed up for the phillytailgate.com package, and she asked me if I was interested in going with them. Since I don't have a shot in hell to go any other way I caved in. It's not definite as her aunt still has to add us to her package, but once she makes the phone call it will be, and I'll officially be broke until January haha. Luckily enough I'll have the money coming in from the tickets I sell to my friends that I'll be able to put aside as well.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:52 AM
  #18
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Are you sure on the shirts? Unless plans have changed, inside information that I received shows only the magnets as giveaways... no mention of shirts.


As for the hats... The Flyers are initiating a marked drive to sell single game tickets this coming seasons, in an effort to move the non-season/package tickets before game day. We can expect many such promotions. That said, as a STH I am not thrilled with the idea that people who pay upfront and commit to multiple games are not receiving the same perks as those who purchase single games in a short advanced sale... I realize that the STHs receive a substantial discount, but feel that that is a trade-off for upfront cash, and a commitment. The hats and other promos are sponsored, and probably not costing the organization any money, merely overhead in storage and distribution... Giving out the Opening Week Hats to all attending would be a good faith gesture, not doing so could back fire on them if such continue on the long run.

[/STH-RANT]
What about the fact that I bought single-game seats to the Opener two weeks ago, and I just yesterday got an email about the hats? I'm pretty annoyed.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.