HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brian Boucher (out 7-10 days, lower body -- post #47); Backlund recalled

Old
09-27-2009, 02:01 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
When is the Phantoms first game? Kind of interested to see how Nicola Riopel does.
First Phantoms game is October 3rd against the Worchester Sharks. However, you could have found that out by going to theahl.com

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Boucher misses regular season games he was unlikely to play in anyways.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
First Phantoms game is October 3rd against the Worchester Sharks. However, you could have found that out by going to theahl.com
Shots fired?

Thanks btw.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Talbetts

I'm with you, Mush. I would like to see how Riopel does, and am hoping he can eventually work his way into the back-up role for the Flyers (If Boucher doesnt pan out). I say, let the young guys grow with the team (I know Riopel is older, you all know what I mean).

Definitely no need to bring Biron back any time soon.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Hope it's not too serious for him. I wonder though if they are giving the start against the Wild to Backlund. Emery pretty much played three games straight now.
I would doubut that Backlund will play, especially so early in the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if on an off night that the Phantoms are playing that he's sent down to get some action.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:18 PM
pelts35.com

Just saw that Toronto waived Joey MacDonald. Honestly I wouldn't have a problem claiming him and then putting him on waivers when Boucher is back (although I wouldn't mind putting Boucher on waivers instead).

Worst case scenario if MacDonald clears waivers is that he's shipped to Glens Falls and shares the net with Backlund.

Old
09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Yeah McDonald wouldnt be too bad, But im still interested to see what backlund has to show

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:15 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah McDonald wouldnt be too bad, But im still interested to see what backlund has to show
Well, he's probably not going to show anything at the NHL level unless Emery gets hurt or craps the bed. So, why not start him on the farm with the Phantoms and sign MacDonald, especially since Backlund hasn't exactly lit his crease on fire thus far?

Old
09-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Wouldn't picking up McDonald take up the 50th contract spot they need to sign Betts?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Kaktus*

I wish some contracts would have some kind of performance section. Like something outrageous. If you are minus 25, or if you did not score a single goal or your SA below %500

That would give GMs opportunity to throw a player as well as his agent out on their faces or suspend a player with out pay. That would motivate anyone.

Boucher came in to the camp unprepared, looked like total **** on the ice and now he is injured. Classic, I do not give a **** attitude.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:01 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I wish some contracts would have some kind of performance section. Like something outrageous. If you are minus 25, or if you did not score a single goal or your SA below %500

That would give GMs opportunity to throw a player as well as his agent out on their faces or suspend a player with out pay. That would motivate anyone.

Boucher came in to the camp unprepared, looked like total **** on the ice and now he is injured. Classic, I do not give a **** attitude.
I agree with you about the contracts, but we all know that isn't going to happen. The only league that allows such a contract is the NFL (still haven't quite figured out how the NFLPA agreed to non-guaranteed contracts).

I also agree with you about Boucher. I didn't like the signing from the beginning and his play in camp has been lackluster (being kind). As I posted before, I'm fine with signing Mac and waiving Boucher.