HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
I think everyone is in wait and see mode. Phoenix has the cap room and the budget to easily accommodate his market value; especially when you consider that the more free-spending teams have already brought themselves to cap hell and the likelihood that the cap next year will drop.

Old
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Devil Dancer

Fantasy/Caps fan curiosity question: What are the chances Sami Lepisto sees significant ice time at the NHL level this year?

Thanks!

Old
09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Fantasy/Caps fan curiosity question: What are the chances Sami Lepisto sees significant ice time at the NHL level this year?

Thanks!
My guess is pretty decent. Figures to be the #7 to start the season and with Jovo and Aucoin in their 30s, and Sauer getting hurt last year, he'll definitely get some opportunities.

Old
09-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Crosby Malkin Ovie

Which of these 3 would be the best fit for our team?
Which one has the best chance to play in Phoenix in a few years if we can afford the salary?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-09-2009, 08:21 PM
PhoPhan

Which of them do you think the Coyotes have any chance of landing in the next decade?

Old
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

None. They'll all still be relatively young in ten years.

Old
09-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Dumb question on my part! I thought I ask since as they say, if Wayne Gretzky could be traded why not those 3?
Oh well! At least I can dream right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Devil Dancer

Thanks for the response to my previous question.

What do you all expect from Martin Hanzal this year?

Old
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM
starman
we're here to stay!

Quote:

Hopefully he will piss off Joe Thornton a lot, and turn him into a little baby! Otherwise I expect him to score more goals and develop his game even further than he did last season.....maybe he'll even get a shot at centering the top line.

Old
09-11-2009, 04:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

His role should be increased out of necesity. The return of Radim Vrbata should do him well. Vrbata was a mentor to him, during his rookie year, and the two had very good chemistry when put on a line together. The VHS line of Vrbata, Hanzal, and Sjostrom was the only line producing there for a while, that year. Later, Hanzal was put into strictly a shutdown role and flanked by Craig Weller and Dan Winnik. Obviously his numbers suffered, as a result. Sjostrom was traded for Montoya, and Vrbata's production came to a screetching halt. Hanzal absolutely tore up the USHL and WHL in his short time in those league. A point and a half per game in a player's first season in the Dub is very impressive. He also put up good points when in a more offensive role as a rookie in the NHL. There is clearly a ton of untapped offensive potential, in him. He's a fantastic playmaker, and his puck protection is excellent. He can buy himself and his teammates time and space, and has the vision and skill to get the puck to his linemates in the right place, at the right time. Expect to see a big boost in production as his role is expanded and the quality of his linemates is improved. Especially if he's put on a line with Vrbata. 15-20Gs 35-40As-50-60PTs is reasonable. Or at least not too outrageous.

Old
09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Blazephr

korpikoski

Ranger fan here. I was curious what Yotes fans thought of Korpedo since pre-season has ended. What were his numbers and how is his play so far? will he end up on the 4th line?

Has Prucha become a fan favorite yet? If not...he soon will.

Old
09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Ranger fan here. I was curious what Yotes fans thought of Korpedo since pre-season has ended. What were his numbers and how is his play so far? will he end up on the 4th line?

Has Prucha become a fan favorite yet? If not...he soon will.
This Coyotes fan has been impressed big-time by Korpedo. Rock-solid two-way forward, flies around the ice and always pressuring the puck, and effective on the PK. Also like his willingness to go to the net, and he's got a very nice quick-wrister. Penciled in on 4th line and will see some PK and PP action. Scored a goal on the PP, his only point of the pre.

Prucha was a hit at the end of last year and he established himself quickly in the pre-season on the all-Czech line with Marty Hanzal and Radim Vrbata. He was 1g-2a-3pts in pre; Hanzal was 1-3-4; Vrbata 1-1-2. They've been playing together since early pre-season and don't think Tippett will break them up. Looking like the 3rd line.

Korpedo-Lisin looking like a good deal for both teams.

Old
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Dumb question on my part! I thought I ask since as they say, if Wayne Gretzky could be traded why not those 3?
There's only one reason why Gretzky was traded while still in his prime years - Oilers owner needed money badly. Forget the 3 1st round picks and the Kings players - the deal started with those $15 M cash.

That was $ 15 M in '88. Adjust that for inflation, we're talking about $ 27 M in today's dollars. Cash. Not including Gretzky's actual salary. Even if for whatever reason the Pens or Caps became financially desperate, the current cap system would make this trade impossible today, period.

One of the 3 you mentioned may get traded some day, but that'll be after their prime years. A Rangers-type UFA acquisition. They'll still be very valuable, but not close to the numbers they'll be putting up over the next 10 years.

Old
09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
There's only one reason why Gretzky was traded while still in his prime years - Oilers owner needed money badly. Forget the 3 1st round picks and the Kings players - the deal started with those $15 M cash.
There is not many reasons guys like that get traded these days. If they can't or won't be resigned, they might get traded. If they demand a trade, they might get traded. I really can't see any reason why those top guys would get traded. They have long term deals and seem pretty happy playing with their current teams.

Old
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
galiano

Taylor Pyatt

Hey I'm a Canucks fan wondering about Taylor Pyatt. I believe the Coyotes signed him as a free agent but I don't see him listed on the official team website. He's a good guy who had a bad season what with his fiancee dying. I hope he rejuvinates his career. Is he injured or what ?

Old
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Alamo

Yea, he was injured but I think he is making his debut tonight at home against the blues.

Old
10-18-2009, 02:26 PM
The Fuhr*

Lepisto

Just wondering how he has looked to begin the season and if he could be a fixture of the Yotes future?

Old
10-18-2009, 02:29 PM
hbk

Honestly, I wasn't a believer at first. Now, I think he might be better than Yandle.

Old
10-18-2009, 02:40 PM
TJinAZ

Pretty good

He had an excellent game against Boston. I think he may be better defensively than Yandle but doesn't have the offensive game.

Old
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
PHX FireBirds18

He's really been impressing me lately. You can tell he's always thinking ahead offensively. What did we get him for? A 4th rounder?

Old
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
He's really been impressing me lately. You can tell he's always thinking ahead offensively. What did we get him for? A 4th rounder?
A 5th in 2010.

Old
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Just wondering how he has looked to begin the season and if he could be a fixture of the Yotes future?
He's been great so far. I think he's exceeded everyone's expectations, even those with higher expectations.

Old
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
hao chi

I've been very impressed with Lepisto so far. His defensive play has good, and I think it will only be a matter of time before we start seeing offense from him.

Honestly, I was happy to get Lepisto to replace the orange cone since I figured there's no way he could be worse. I wasn't expecting to get a defenseman I actually look forward to seeing on the ice.

Old
10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
PHX FireBirds18

So who sits when Sauer comes back?

Old
10-18-2009, 08:58 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
So who sits when Sauer comes back?
I LOVE having the luxury of seriously asking that question. Was that ever uttered during the Gretzky years?

Closed Thread