HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UPDATE:Sergei Kostitsyn doesn't report to Hamilton/Requests trade

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
How do you think Cleary changed? He went to a team structured, disciplined that won alot of cups. I dont think he could have gone there and have his way. Thats what Martin is trying do with the Canadiens but Sergei thinks that he can have his way with any coach. It doesnt work that way my friend, shut up, work hard and you will be rewarded. Thats how every headcases turn it around.
cleary also wasnt 22 years old when he turned it around so thats a bad example imo.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
In every cloud, there is a silver lining, I guess.
Yes well I think being optimistic about the situation, I would prefer seeing him change his mind and report to Hamilton.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bialo Czerwoni View Post
Who the **** does he think he is to come out and DEMAND a trade? Sergei, you're nothing more than a no name..
In other cities superstars demand trades.

In Montreal it's always the nobodies, has-beens and never-weres. Probably has something to do with even the lowliest 4th liner being treated like a rock star here. Probably goes to their heads.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris96 View Post
Who? Jack Johnson? Where is he now?
Johnson just said he had no interest in playing for the Canes. That said he never played there.

Could consider Blake Wheeler as a headcase too. Exact same thing as Johnson.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:27 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think you are taking this WAY to personally.
I thought it's well known that I can't take things personally.

I guess it'll be easier to argue against Martin when he loses 2 games in a row then at this point.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Well this was unexpected. I wonder if his refusal to report to Hamilton is because he believes he wasn't given a fair shake during training camp? While I dislike his attitude in addition to the course of actions he has chosen to take, one has to remember he put up with numerous idiocy from Carbo, who essentially blamed him for every little thing. The kid could do nothing right and perhaps now feels he is shunned in Montreal.

Either way at this juncture it is my recommendation for Gainey to seek out a team willing to take both Kostitsyns in exchange for a solid Andrei replacement. It is a near guarantee will walk when his contract is done should Sergei leave and I imagine his play will be substandard. Furthermore Andrei might have some value while Sergei has nil.

Old
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Yes well I think being optimistic about the situation, I would prefer seeing him change his mind and report to Hamilton.
I agree, I'd much rather see him go to Hamilton. But those dirty panties are pretty alluring right now.

Old
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
Martin didn't know how to handle him. He was like the old man who goes at his kid with a belt rather than sit down and reason with him.
Do you coach this team? Do you see SKOst every day in every practice to see if he pratices hard, gives his all on every shift and if hes committed? I think not. I dont care how talented he is, you dont win with guys like that. Martin has been around, won a lot of games and literally put the ottawa senators on the map in this league. Hes probably seen many Skost types in his career. I guess he knows what hes doing.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Justin Williams, Ray Whitney...

Getzlaf it's true. Thing is why other team can draft headcase and get them to straighten up really fast and we TOTALLY can't.

I'm not saying it's all management's fault, but it would be cool if rather then making the safest pick possible and have him develope as not more then a good player we could draft riskier player and have them develope as stars.
News to me.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Johnson just said he had no interest in playing for the Canes. That said he never played there.

Too bad Kostitsyn isn't in the same league as those 2 or others,we would be getting a nice little package back

Old
09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Canadienjet

Good bye..what a waste.Hopefully Bob can get something decent for him.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
cleary also wasnt 22 years old when he turned it around so thats a bad example imo.
True

Old
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
mlandry

Quote:
I thought it's well known that I can't take things personally.

I guess it'll be easier to argue against Martin when he loses 2 games in a row then at this point.
No one expects to win 82 games this season. I expect to be a borderline playoff team.

What I DO expect is a hardworking team that punished floaters and ********** like SK.

Old
Stradale

Quote:

Ron Hainsey too! He is doing not bad in Atlanta now.

There was also Chelios, Corson, Lemieux in the good old time.. not the best boys.

While I agree with others that Sergei has the big part of the blame but i do believe the management didnt do a good job "protecting" these young players.

Old
PunkinDrublic*

Sent to the AHL and demands a trade, who the **** does this punk think he his. Goodbye and good riddance. We don't need anymore of these primmadonna type players in Montreal. BG might just as well trade his brother to, if this brother closeness stuff is true. Andrei has been dragging his feet for a while now, might just be time to send them both packing and bring in some more players that want to play here and play with passion. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, little man.

I can feel the Erica hate on me right about now.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Bialo Czerwoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
In other cities superstars demand trades.

In Montreal it's always the nobodies, has-beens and never-weres. Probably has something to do with even the lowliest 4th liner being treated like a rock star here. Probably goes to their heads.
You know, I could understand a Koivu or a Kovalev demanding a trade or something but Sergei Kostitsyn? I got to say I actually lol when I saw that on RDS.

Old
Frankenheimer

The sad part of all this is that I bought my nephew a S. Kostitsyn jersey last Christmas. Segei was his favourite player. The expression of joy on my nephew's face that Christmas day as he checked to see the number... Never has the value of a jersey plummeted so fast.

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Do you coach this team? Do you see SKOst every day in every practice to see he pratices hard every shift and if hes committed? I think not. I dont care how talented he is, you dont win with guys like that. Martin has been around, won a lot of games and literally put the ottawa senators on the map in this league. Hes probably seen many Skost types in his career. I guess he knows what hes doing.
It's pretty obvious he's a Sergei Kostitsyn fanboy grasping at straws to do everything except place the blame where it really lies (with the player himself, of course).

Old
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Too bad Kostitsyn isn't in the same league as those 2 or others,we would be getting a nice little package back
Tim Gleason and nothing are 2 really valuable assets.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

This one is close to 1000 posts. Continue on in part II

09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Tim Gleason and nothing are 2 really valuable assets.
I'm talking about value right now.If the Bruins trade Wheeler around the league and the Kings trade Johnson believe me they are worth a lot more then Sergei Kostitsyn.

Wheeler wasn't traded to Boston,he signed has a FA and Johnson was rushed out of Carolina,had other GM know about the intentions of the Hurricanes they would have gotten more

Closed Thread