HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn for Radulov rights

Old
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
chris96

vCash: 500
i always thought a Radu for Perez deal made much more sense. Radu loves the spotlight, and he didnt get it in Nashville. Perez shies away from the spotlight, perfect for Nashville. Maybe Sergei and Perez for Radu could get it done, if Radulov agrees to come back?

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's why Gainey never asked me for help

That's fine but what I wanna know is what do you honestly believe we could fetch back for Sergei in your opinion.Cause maybe it's just me but I don't see teams paying up that much.I know he's young but he still hasn't proved anything in this league
I'm not sure, but my guess would be a 4th, maybe a 5th rd pick. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's definitely better than receiving nothing back.

Besides, unlike in the Ribiero situation. Gainey is in the drivers seat. He can leave Sergei suspended until he can get a decent proposal. He won't be forced to move him quickly, which is what happened with Ribs.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I'm not doubting how much Quebec loves him. Or how much he loved playing in Quebec.

What I'm saying is "Does he love playing in the KHL more?"

If he doesn't, I will personally pay for his flight over. If he does, what's going to make him change his mind in a few years?
well let say Radulov in 2 3 4 years from now decides to come back.Id love to be the team to get him and he'd just be hitting prime time .

He left the NHL with 58 pt season /25 goals ...

playing the KHL surely couldnt have harmed him .

Id like to know his feeling on Montreal.

Someone should contact him and ask him point blank.If Montreal traded for your rights, would you think about coming back to Quebec?

I think with Rads it was more about playing in Nashville ..a hockey crazy city like Montreal is the attention he loves and the fans who already love him like a rock star.Some players dont like the attention, Rads eats it up.If there ever was a player for Montreal he is it .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 09-30-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
I'm not sure, but my guess would be a 4th, maybe a 5th rd pick. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's definitely better than receiving nothing back.

Besides, unlike in the Ribiero situation. Gainey is in the drivers seat. He can leave Sergei suspended until he can get a decent proposal. He won't be forced to move him quickly, which is what happened with Ribs.
Cool that's what more or less I thought at best a 3rd rounder and that's why I would rather take that chance and hope for the best and Radulov accepting to play here after a Patrick Roy phone call

I hope Gainey does the right thing which i'm sure he will

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Its not that much of a risk imo.

Sergei a spoiled brat who threatens to impact our new team morale. Vs Radulov a Quebec Fan Favorite, whom loves attention, and is ridiculously skilled. Worst case scenario we get rid of Sergei and Radulov doesn't resign with us. But we atleast get rid of Sergei's attitude. Last thing we need is for him to rub off on our prospects.

Best case scenario?

Sergei goes to Nashville

Radolov agrees to a 4 year contract, and plays amazing for us racking up over 60 points in his first season back, and becomes our super star we've been craving.

Win-Win imo.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He could also put Perezhogin in his luggages if he comes to Montreal.
How about Emilin and Kroonev?

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Newhabfan

If you trade Sergei who will be next to use the same approach ? Andrei ? Plekanec ? Price ? Markov ?

It's called behavioral reinforcement. You do not reinforce an unwanted behavior ot it will repeat.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
well let say Radulov in 2 3 4 years from now decides to come back.Id love to be the team to get him.

He left the NHL with 58 pt season /25 goals ...

playing the KHL surely couldnt have harmed him .

Id like to know his feeling on Montreal.

Someone should contact him and ask him point blank.If Montreal traded for you rights, would you think about coming back to Quebec?
Hell make it 5 or 6 years DM, I'd still like Radulov on our team. lol

My point is that I would make it part of the deal that we would get permission to talk to Radulov first. Or as another poster mentioned, have a stipulation put in where we would receive compensation if Radulov doesn't sign with us.

The Nashville GM knows that Radulov is never coming back to play in Nashville. So a deal like this might benefit both teams.

Edit: We have to obtain permission from Nashville to talk to Radulov first. Even if Roy called him personally to find out. If it was ever leaked to the NHL, we (Our beloved Habs) would be reprimanded by the league.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:50 PM
McNuts

I hope Gainey is aware of this possibility. Maybe he simply hasn't thought about it. I had totally forgotten about Radulov. Hope he reads HF boards!

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Go Habs Go

Trade him to Atlanta/Nashville/Florida

Little punk

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
I hope Gainey is aware of this possibility. Maybe he simply hasn't thought about it. I had totally forgotten about Radulov. Hope he reads HF boards!
this is Montreal ...

you didnt hear about the we want Radulov rally planned for outside the Bell Centre next week?...lololololool

Old
09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

This is a genius of an idea. I would to see Radulov with the Habs. Sign him at 3.5-4M. The guy would play on the first line for sure.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
vokiel
I hate blind shots

I'd like to be optimistic here, but I think there's no way Nashville says yes to that. We're talking about the rights to a potential all-star player for a potential 2nd/3rd line player. I'd say no personally.

Maybe and that's just maybe if we include rights to Trunev or Emelin they'd think about it.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Hell make it 5 or 6 years DM, I'd still like Radulov on our team. lol

My point is that I would make it part of the deal that we would get permission to talk to Radulov first. Or as another poster mentioned, have a stipulation put in where we would receive compensation if Radulov doesn't sign with us.

The Nashville GM knows that Radulov is never coming back to play in Nashville. So a deal like this might benefit both teams.

Edit: We have to obtain permission from Nashville to talk to Radulov first. Even if Roy called him personally to find out. If it was ever leaked to the NHL, we (Our beloved Habs) would be reprimanded by the league.
I was talking about media contacting Rads ...they cant get in any trouble for talking to him can they?...if anyone in the media asked him about his feeling of playing back in quebec (and he actually answered the question)can anyone get in trouble?

Old
09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Riza

Hasn't Radulov already played a game in the KHL this season? Which would mean that he would have to clear waivers if we signed him (edit: I mean brought him back). Not to mention him already being under contract and unhappy with the amount it pays. Why would he come back?

Sergei will sit out for a while, eventually report to Hamilton and end up playing the last half of the season in Montreal because Pacioretty will get hurt and D'Agostini can't defend.

Riza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Someone in Toronto should go to the Habs hotel in TO and stand in the lobby with a big sign that says "GAINEY TRADE S.KOST FOR RADULOV'S RIGHTS!!!" At least then he'll know about the idea.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
HF-Addict

LOVE THE IDEA.

Hope the media and Gainey pick on it. Would love to read an interview with Radulov asking him if he would consider playing again in Quebec. Great idea and the benefits from this could be huge. Radulov is 10 times the player S.Kost is.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris96 View Post
i always thought a Radu for Perez deal made much more sense. Radu loves the spotlight, and he didnt get it in Nashville. Perez shies away from the spotlight, perfect for Nashville. Maybe Sergei and Perez for Radu could get it done, if Radulov agrees to come back?
Radulov and Perezhogin are teamates.Maybe we can get them both to come back...lol...i thought for sure Radulov talked about coming back someday ..

even Perez i thought didnt shoot the idea down of coming back to NHL

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=5030

Old
09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Radulov and Perezhogin are teamates.Maybe we can get them both to come back...lol...i thought for sure Radulov talked about coming back someday ..

even Prez i thought didnt shoot the idea down .

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=5030
Would have to clear cap space. I wonder if both Kosts to Nashville with Nashville sending back a draft pick.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Newhabfan

I hope you people realise that Radulov with his profile is veeeery far from the new team concept that Gainey and Martin are trying to promote - he is a highly skilled player, with flashes of brilliance and with history of discipline problems....

Might have kept Kovalev instead.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Would have to clear cap space. I wonder if both Kosts to Nashville with Nashville sending back a draft pick.
are both bothers really tied to the hip?

I mean Andrei played alone in Hamilton for all those years.

I dont see why we need to trade him just because Serg wants out .

unless Andrei says "me go too" then id hope he sticks to his word and play for us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I hope you people realise that Radulov with his profile is veeeery far from the new team concept that Gainey and Martin are trying to promote - he is a highly skilled player, with flashes of brilliance and with history of discipline problems....

Might have kept Kovalev instead.
by the time Rads gets here Gainey and Martin might not be around anymore.

think ahead a bit .

Radulov got this year and next on his KHL deal .

then we be getting a 25year old.

Maybe Roy (Radulov's former coach) in the Habs org (3 years from now)?....

If Habs tumble this season i think we can say the heat is on

Radulov on the ice in Quebec i dont think becomes a Kovy .
He brought it most every night in front of the Rempart fans.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-30-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
I will be very surprised if Sergei ends up in the KHL. Sergei is too talented, some team will step up and offer a proposal to Gainey for him.

I would rather get a low draft pick from another team. Than lose him to Nashville without a guarantee that Radulov would sign with us.
Not me. SK for rights to Radulov...in one second flat!

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
How about Emilin and Kroonev?
Yemelin and Korneyev ?

They're never coming over.

Hey, Doug. I finally agree with you on something. I'd do Skost for Radulov.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Not me. SK for rights to Radulov...in one second flat!
Fair enough, to all of you that feel this way. Maybe I'm just less of a risk taker and want to be more secure in what I'd receive for my assets.

That's not to say that I wouldn't welcome Radulov here though.

Old
09-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Miller Time

I'd definitely do it as well.

the habs need to get Roy on the phone, and have him talk with Radulov behind the scenes to open the negotiations...

maybe Radu could bring Perezhogin back with him (they play for the same team in the KHL)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote