HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn for Radulov rights

Old
09-30-2009, 03:37 PM
icerocket

vCash: 500
This will never happen.

But I'd love to see it!

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 03:42 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I'll always remember the last game of the season on Sunday, March 19th, 2006 . Quebec were sure to finish second behind Moncton with a lost or a win, so guys decided to party a lot on Saturday night. Radulov was sleeping on the floor before the game and said to a teammate that he didn't want to play today, he wasn't feeling well. He ended up scoring 7 goals and 4 assists in a 16-3 win over Rimouski.

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_fr/index...id_partie=2763
Awesome story!

I'd love to see Radu here, always been a fan of him!

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
or losing Sergi to the KHL is the same thing isnt it?

I say trade Serg to Nashville, they get there NHL player back who can score them some goals .Sergei's upside is probably 25 a year.

we take the chance of Radulov never coming back BUT again just watch the hero welcome he gets in Quebec...if there's any chance of him ever coming back then QUEBEC is that place(imho)

The Bell Centre would be "RADUU RADUU RADUUU" it would be insane
As good as it might be to come back to Qc, didn't he leave to KHL because he wanted more money?..
How much would he ask for over here??...

I'd still do this deal though. I think Radulov will come back to NHL eventually, and his upside is definitely good.
Unless Gainey includes Sergei in a package, maybe one to get a big right handed center, I don't think we'd get anything better than the rights to Radu.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
le_sean

I always thought a Perezhogin for Radulov trade would have worked. It seemed Perezhogin did not like the limelight whereas Radulov absolutely loves it, that's probably why both left for the KHL. I'd welcome Radulov with open arms and I bet he'd love to come back to Quebec too.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Mister Potato

Radulov sure is an upgrade over SK but I doubt Nashville will do the trade.

And we don't even know if Radulov will ever come back in the NHL.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by habstinator View Post

Apparently he liked it when he was playing in Quebec, that might be a plus in the eventuality of a trade rights switch

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habstinator View Post

if you doubt Rads will ever come back then how much can he be worth?it seems both teams are in weak dealing positions .Maybe more so Nashville as there player already left town .

Seems to me Serg for Rads would be plenty for a guy who might never come back ......

roll the dice ....feelings and circumstance change and Rads got 13-15 yrs of hockey left in him ,a Patrick Roy phone call might change his mind some day .

who knows..even 4/ 5 years from now if it takes that long ,

a 28 year old Radulov on our team would be huge

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 09-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I'm sold on your idea DM. The only problem I have is that no matter what, Sergei is still an asset to us right now. So to trade him for the rights to Radulov without knowing for sure he'll come play for us, is bad player management IMO.
I disagree. It would be risky, but the payoff could be huge.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Chomsky

I doubt we can fit him under the cap.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I doubt we can fit him under the cap.
his salary wouldnt hit us until he ever decided to come back over and sign with us .

2-3 years from now more players will be gone .

Old
09-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
his salary wouldnt hit us until he ever decided to come back over and sign with us .

2-3 years from now more players will be gone .
Correct me if I'm wrong but his KHL contract expires after this year and he bolted for the KHL while under his entry level contract with Nashville. Thus, I can see him breaking his contract there today if he wanted to come back to the nHL.

Like others have said he was a God while playing in the Q! I'm betting at the very least he would return after this year honoring his final year in the KHL to play with Montreal.

SK (conditional pick if Montreal can sign Radulov this year) for the rights to Radulov and (conditional pick if Montreal can't sign Radulov this year)

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but his KHL contract expires after this year and he bolted for the KHL while under his entry level contract with Nashville. Thus, I can see him breaking his contract there today if he wanted to come back to the nHL.

Like others have said he was a God while playing in the Q! I'm betting at the very least he would return after this year honoring his final year in the KHL to play with Montreal.

SK (conditional pick if Montreal can sign Radulov this year) for the rights to Radulov and (conditional pick if Montreal can't sign Radulov this year)
he got the remainder of this year plus next season left on his KHL deal.

so unless he breaks the KHL deal , we'd wouldnt see him for atleast 2 years. he's still a younger guy so time is on our side at the moment .

Even if we gotta wait longer until he is 27/28 year old, Radulov would be a pretty nice weapon to add to our puzzle

Old
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
I seem to remember talk about Radulov including a clause into his KHL contract that stipulated that he could return to the Nashville Predators at any time of his choosing. Therefore, if the Canadiens trade for his rights they can convince him to come play in Montreal no questions asked. There's no need to wait for his KHL contract to end.

Can anyone else confirm this?

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
LastRide

I would give up both the brothers for Radulov.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I would give up both the brothers for Radulov.
So would I but if it can be done for the younger one...even better!!!!

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:39 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

AK - Pleks - Radu

You'd be sick

With:

Cams - Gomez - Pacs
Lats- Laps - Gionta
Moen - Met - BGL

Stewie-Chips

Heck, I'd throw in D'agostini + another prospect with SK if Radu signs.

And you don't think that Patrick Roy wouldn't give Radu a call to convince him....

As for cap space, we have a few hefty D contracts that could be dealt knowing that Weber and PK are in fold. This is without considering Mets will be UFA and potential buyouts like BGL.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Thorn

Maybe we should trade one disgruntled Russian for another, the sens' Ilya Zubov.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 04:44 AM
FF de Mars

Gainey, make that trade !

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:08 AM
sakiaba

Getting Radulov would be great, to be sure, but does anyone seriously think that David Poile would make this deal? He's only 23, had put up almost 60 points as a 21 year old, and has done very well in the KHL since. Sergei, while promsing, hasn't produced at nearly that level, to say nothing about his attitude. Nashville could do far better than this!

Now for Sergei, Halak, and a 2nd, Poile might reconsider.

sakiaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:31 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
Getting Radulov would be great, to be sure, but does anyone seriously think that David Poile would make this deal? He's only 23, had put up almost 60 points as a 21 year old, and has done very well in the KHL since. Sergei, while promsing, hasn't produced at nearly that level, to say nothing about his attitude. Nashville could do far better than this!

Now for Sergei, Halak, and a 2nd, Poile might reconsider.
Why are the rights to a guy who may not ever come back to the NHL worth much? I can't see how his rights are worth any more than Perezhogin's..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:36 AM
sakiaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Why are the rights to a guy who may not ever come back to the NHL worth much? I can't see how his rights are worth any more than Perezhogin's..
Because of his youth and NHL track record. Additionally, he trained in North America, which would seem to suggest that he isn't against playing there. If what was said in previous posts is true (and who knows if it is, admittedly), it may be that he's just waiting for a chance to play with another team. Perezhogin was a good prospect at one point, but never impressed in the NHL. Maybe he'd be better now, but at the moment, the (NHL) stats aren't there.

sakiaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 09:02 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
Because of his youth and NHL track record. Additionally, he trained in North America, which would seem to suggest that he isn't against playing there. If what was said in previous posts is true (and who knows if it is, admittedly), it may be that he's just waiting for a chance to play with another team. Perezhogin was a good prospect at one point, but never impressed in the NHL. Maybe he'd be better now, but at the moment, the (NHL) stats aren't there.
Don't matter. Radulov's rights are only worth anything if a team is guaranteed that he will agree to come play for them before any deal is done. If a team has no guarantee beforehand, then its way to huge of a gamble which makes his value little. Kostitsyn would definitely be sufficient. He is already in North America and wants to stay and play in the NHL. No doubt he could very well go on to put up just as many points with them as Radulov did with the preds.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote