HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The NHL Season Ahead

Old
09-29-2009, 11:48 PM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I loved the Ryan Smyth pick up for them.They got their talented young core in place and now they've gone out and added veteran leadership.

I read a Johnson interview last season and came away thinking what a little jacka**,but I have to say he and Doughty are studs.I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings finally get back into the playoffs.
You're aware that Smyth is 33 years old right? I'm surprised he can even get out of bed in the morning without throwing out his hip!

The Kings will rue the day that they brought in Smyth instead of a guy with potential like Schremp.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:52 AM
redbull
respect, earned.

how any of you can make predictions with so many crucial impact players still unsigned (domenic moore) and with so many difference-makers on waivers is absurd.

i think philly is the only team that can beat pitts in the east and i don't think they will. crosby's younger than tambellini and schremp, i think he still has room for improvement...significant improvement. I look for an unspectacular regular season and a strong playoffs for the pens.

i think tbay will be drastically improved and probably a playoff team! hedman will win rookie of the year and lecavallier/stamkos will have big seasons. the defense is improved. don't like the goaltending but marty biron for a 1st rounder will help them in february.

still don't like wash in net, or the defense. don't like morrison, knuble will be solid, ovy will be spectacular as always.

rangers will be good if they can stay healthy but the east has too many teams that are far better than them.
boston will be very strong...they won't miss kessel but i think philly and pitts are just too strong.

montreal will be awful IMO. partly because of the massive changes, the lack of size up front, the strength of the east and a weak defense. even price bouncing back will not help in the wins column.

not a vancouver fan. they'll be good, not great. hodgson is back in junior. they still lack something....not sure what.

i think st. louis will suprise and get better and better as the season progresses.
calgary has enough to get to the cup, the defense is scary. they won't need much up front, they don't have a lot of flair but they seem to have some sandpaper.

detroit is detroit. they can lose hossa, hudler and still be the class of the west. i think they'll take a step back in the regular season but will be tough to beat (only calgary can, imo) one april rolls around.

los angeles is NOT ready but lookout next year.

leafs will be average, maybe a bit better than last year and not likely a playoff team. altough they have upgraded the talent and depth, they have added more quantity than quality. no elite talent will kill any chance of success.

islanders...pains me to say. tavares will struggle early and become a pretty solid player, improving in all areas by the end of the year. isles cannot make the playoffs with this roster, they will be lucky to finish above 28th and it wouldn't surprise me to see them dead last again. hard to be optimistic but a lot of "what if's" need to happen for the isles to be even close to a playoff spot come january.

pitts over calgary in 5.

crosby - art ross, conn smythe, mvp
hedman - top rookie
burke - angriest gm
gordon - will miss a few games with a groin injury
dipietro - will play half the games after the trade deadline !

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
gordon - will miss a few games with a groin injury
Gold.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote