HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Kostitsyn proposals here

Old
09-30-2009, 10:13 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post
There's no point to trading him for a 3rd. Better to just keep him suspended until he decides he wants an NHL career and reports.
Or he can stay suspended and go play in the KHL, he's an RFA next year and the Habs can qualify him to piss him off of they can just let him go after the RFA status and he can sign with any NHL team he wants.

Gainey looks like he has a lot of options but it boils down to this.

1. Suspend Kostitsyn and hope he decides to report to Hamilton.
2. Trade him, which is what Sergei has asked which means he really doesn't want to stay regardless.
3. If Gainey doesn't want to trade him, he can just leave for the KHL, NHL can fight about it but the KHL won't care, they will still sign him.

And really, Gainey could either lose a player like the Predators did or they can trade him and get something back for a guy that really doesn't want to play in Hamilton (and has asked for a trade which means he doesn't want to be apart of that organization).

Sergei Kostitsyn is still a solid prospect, the guy can be a solid NHL player if he works more at things like consistency for one. Habs fans can whine until they are blue in the face, but if a guy asks for a trade when he doesn't want to report to the AHL, how many say ok screw it, I want to stay? What are the odds of that happening?

They can either lose an asset or gain an asset by moving one that doesn't want to be in with their team.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:19 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamRast View Post
Or he can stay suspended and go play in the KHL, he's an RFA next year and the Habs can qualify him to piss him off of they can just let him go after the RFA status and he can sign with any NHL team he wants.

2. Trade him, which is what Sergei has asked which means he really doesn't want to stay regardless.
3. If Gainey doesn't want to trade him, he can just leave for the KHL, NHL can fight about it but the KHL won't care, they will still sign him.

And really, Gainey could either lose a player like the Predators did or they can trade him and get something back for a guy that really doesn't want to play in Hamilton (and has asked for a trade which means he doesn't want to be apart of that organization).

Sergei Kostitsyn is still a solid prospect, the guy can be a solid NHL player if he works more at things like consistency for one. Habs fans can whine until they are blue in the face, but if a guy asks for a trade when he doesn't want to report to the AHL, how many say ok screw it, I want to stay? What are the odds of that happening?

They can either lose an asset or gain an asset by moving one that doesn't want to be in with their team.
Sergei can go to the KHL. We are not getting ripped off or screwed by Sergei ****ing Kostitsyn. Who the **** does this guy think he is? He can to Russia. I choose to deal with it the Preds' way - let him waste valuable development years in another league.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
dre2112

As long as he's suspended by the team, we hold his rights. Same reason why Radulov is suspended by Nashville. Any time he decides to return, he's still Nashville property.

I believe there was some kind of ruling last year about this.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Bouze

To Nashville :

Tomas Plekanec
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Jaroslav Halak
Picks

To Montreal :

Jean-Pierre Dumont
Jason Arnott
Alexander Radulov
1 goalie

Oh and BTW David Poile pulls this trade because he secretely cheers for the Habs.

Bouze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouze View Post
To Nashville :

Tomas Plekanec
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Jaroslav Halak
Picks

To Montreal :

Jean-Pierre Dumont
Jason Arnott
Alexander Radulov
1 goalie

Oh and BTW David Poile pulls this trade because he secretely cheers for the Habs.
Criminy. Go big or go home. Ask for Suter and Weber too.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:02 PM
joe6pack

How about Benoit Pouliot?
Both have similar attitude problems with potential high return.
Change of scenery for both may be just what the doctor ordered.

joe6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:08 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Sergei can go to the KHL. We are not getting ripped off or screwed by Sergei ****ing Kostitsyn. Who the **** does this guy think he is? He can to Russia. I choose to deal with it the Preds' way - let him waste valuable development years in another league.
Really? So if he goes to the KHL, plays with someone like Fedorov or Jagr, depending on which team he would sign on and plays top 6 minutes, gets his game together and comes back to the NHL and turns into a solid player, the KHL would have been a waste of time?

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:11 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Ok, fine.

But that doesn't mean you're trading him for Bolland or Frolov.

If value for you begins only above a third round pick, then S. Kostitsyn has no value.
I didn't say anything about Bolland or Frolov. But if you think we're just going to trade him, let him mature on some other team and become a 60-70 point player, then that's not going to happen. It's incredibly stupid to trade him for a 3rd round pick. There's a good chance that pick will bust and Sergei will be a good player. Like I said, Russia or AHL. It's up to you, Sergei.

Old
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Really? So if he goes to the KHL, plays with someone like Fedorov or Jagr, depending on which team he would sign on and plays top 6 minutes, gets his game together and comes back to the NHL and turns into a solid player, the KHL would have been a waste of time?
And who says he'll play with Fedorov or Jagr? Who says they'll give him the right ice time he needs to develop? The right training and coaching? The right discipline?

Let's just put it this way: there is no way we're going to let somebody steal a future 60 point top 6 forward for free. It isn't going to happen. Sergei Kostitsyn will stay suspended just like Radulov is now.

Old
09-30-2009, 11:17 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
How about Sergei for the Oil's Brule?

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:18 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Yeah, so? It was coming off a great season by both of them. Sergei and Andrei had (have) tons of upside. Sergei in the 07-08 playoffs even played an important role and got 8 points in 12 games. The two were playing well at the time. I'm sure you can find a lot of instances where two players were equal, but one sort of fell off. It's nothing to gloat about. It's not like you're Daniel or Henrik.

It was retarded to say the Kostitsyns were as valuable as the Sedins then, and it's just as retarded to defend that position now. Anybody worth their salt as a hockey fan knew then that the proposition was extraordinarily stupid then, and can recognize it as such now.

And no, I'm not Daniel or Henrik, but I am a fan of their team. As such, I'm glad that they just signed long-term contracts and appear poised for a great year. Neither of them came to camp out of shape or got cut from the team.

I feel very comfortable gloating about that.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:23 PM
bleuetbio

To Edmonton: Georges Laracque and Sergei K

To Montreal: Zack Stortini + 4th round

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:31 PM
DG

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Bolland or Frolov. But if you think we're just going to trade him, let him mature on some other team and become a 60-70 point player, then that's not going to happen. It's incredibly stupid to trade him for a 3rd round pick. There's a good chance that pick will bust and Sergei will be a good player. Like I said, Russia or AHL. It's up to you, Sergei.
I don't think you'll ever have to worry about that.

And I know you said nothing about Bolland or Frolov, but others did. You're acting like we're arguing, but we basically agree. Right now, his value around the league is low so that unless you want to return something with low value, you may as well not trade him. We are both saying this and framing it differently. All I was saying is that some people are shooting for the moon in here and I didn't mean you specifically, or at all...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:34 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlak View Post
It was retarded to say the Kostitsyns were as valuable as the Sedins then, and it's just as retarded to defend that position now. Anybody worth their salt as a hockey fan knew then that the proposition was extraordinarily stupid then, and can recognize it as such now.

And no, I'm not Daniel or Henrik, but I am a fan of their team. As such, I'm glad that they just signed long-term contracts and appear poised for a great year. Neither of them came to camp out of shape or got cut from the team.

I feel very comfortable gloating about that.
It was not as clear cut back then as you imply. It's easy to take that point of view right now.

I would have taken the Sedins too, but I don't see anything to gloat about still.

Old
10-01-2009, 01:33 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Bah, I wouldn't give much, he's probably at the bar at Buena Note right now drinking an Appletini... Seriously, who the bleep does he think he is?

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
To Edmonton: Georges Laracque and Sergei K

To Montreal: Zack Stortini + 4th round
No thanks.

Gainey is going to wait and see how he acts. If his request doesn't change in a little while, then he might be traded. Until then, nothing will happen soon, or at least that what appears to be, but GMs are unpredictable.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 02:47 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:

The only problem is that it shows your other entry level players that you just have to not report and ask for a trade and you are free to go.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 05:49 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
I like Zubov and I love Radulov, but how about the Kost bros for Kyle Turris ? Phx needs to start winning for the sake of their franchise, maybe the Kost brothers could add some offense to their team ?

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 09:17 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
And who says he'll play with Fedorov or Jagr? Who says they'll give him the right ice time he needs to develop? The right training and coaching? The right discipline?

Let's just put it this way: there is no way we're going to let somebody steal a future 60 point top 6 forward for free. It isn't going to happen. Sergei Kostitsyn will stay suspended just like Radulov is now.
We can't rush to conclusions he might need the KHL to set him straight and show that he wants to be back in North America in the NHL. Perfect example.

RAY EMERY - went to KHL, sure he had a few bumps over there, but his numbers sky rocketed through the roof and he was one of the leagues best goalie. He stated while in an interview at fenway park, that he really appreciates what he has and what he has got, will not take it for granted said he hasn't felt this good in awhile to have another shot at the NHL.

Now he just has to prove it. This could be a good thing for Sergei, only difference is that is his home country and where he is from. So he might want to stay there or it can give him a swift kick in the arse and smarten him up.

"you don't know what you got until its gone"

thats what this scenario is. He will realise when this is all and over if its good or bad.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No thanks.

Gainey is going to wait and see how he acts. If his request doesn't change in a little while, then he might be traded. Until then, nothing will happen soon, or at least that what appears to be, but GMs are unpredictable.
I don't know if he is going to wait to be honest. Gainey in his interview yesterday didn't look to happy that he was demanding a trade, then stated he will do anything in his power to accomodate moving him. He then smirked after they asked what he would do if he leaves, he said we have guys that "reported to AHL, like the scenario sergei was in "that actually reported down" that are dying and scratching to get their way up to the big club, I see no problem bringing in someone working hard for the position.

"He has to work on some things with this game, and Jacque and I felt he wasn't ready".

He will be gone in another 2 weeks top I find, Gainey doesn't want that looming over the team and he looks more serious and the feeling around the team, GM and coach is no **** or you will not play. Or ride pine all year long. Martin and Gainey are going to be putting the past to the past and put a young team in line to have a good season. Gomez, Gionta, Gill, Spacek, Mara, Moen, Cammalleri are all examples of players to bring into a locker room to straighten out guys like sergei. They all played in playoffs last year except Spacek but he has been to the playoffs and help lead the Oilers to the cup finals in '06, 3 of them won the stanley cup.

They don't need sergei screwing up a good thing gel'ing together here.

Gainey I believe will deal him.

Last edited by BigHabs: 10-01-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old
10-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Tuggy

I doubt the Habs are in that much of a hurry to trade him. He didn't even make the team out of camp so he's obviously not that important (although he doesn't seem to think so).

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Halak, Ryder, 2nd

for

Sergei Kostitsyn

wait, what?

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
They don't need sergei screwing up a good thing gel'ing together here.

Gainey I believe will deal him.
Yeah Gainey will get rid of him quickly. It's not like we're talking Dany Heatly here, this guy is just a young project not a main piece of you're starting line up.

My proposal would be Sergei + Plekanec for P. Sharp.

Chi town gets a decent center to replace Sharp this season, who then comes off books summer 2010 as UFA. Over 3 million cap relief for signing RFAs.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
felixd

I don't usually like making proposals...but, here is one

To Chicago:

Sergei
3rd Round Pick
Conditional 2nd round pick in case Sergei is still a certified jackass and goes AWOL

To Montreal:

One of Brouwer/Skille/Burish(maybe decrease the picks one round for Burish)

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I don't usually like making proposals...but, here is one

To Chicago:

Sergei
3rd Round Pick
Conditional 2nd round pick in case Sergei is still a certified jackass and goes AWOL

To Montreal:

One of Brouwer/Skille/Burish(maybe decrease the picks one round for Burish)
I don't think they would trade him for Burish I believe he is out with an injury for a significant amount of time this season. probably Brouwer would be the best bet.