HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Islanders at Devils 9/29/09 Preseason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
  #26
blackmesa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
2-1 lead? When did the isles score the 1st?

blackmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
  #27
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
STREIT scores!!!!!!

I so wish this game was on tv

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:24 PM
  #28
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
2-1 lead? When did the isles score the 1st?
Hillen PPG @ 1:12 of the 2nd period

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
  #29
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?
 
RoseTintedVisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Dwayne Roloson just sucker punched a Devil, LOL.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
  #30
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 3,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
ick.
it was purposely a bad joke bc it was clearly just a typo...im better than that dude

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 07:37 PM
  #31
Hunter07
Registered User
 
Hunter07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Thats the Isles I know...committing turnovers and playing awful.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
  #32
VHC
Registered User
 
VHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to VHC
Just got home, they're handing out a misconduct to Peters, anyone know what happened?

VHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:46 PM
  #33
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Good game. Left after the 2nd.

Tavares looked very good w/the exception of an awful turnover at the blueline that lead to NJ's 3rd goal. Power Play looked good.

Isles definitely missing KO, Weight, and Hunter.

Overall, not a bad game.

Curious to see how Reich got injured. Didn't look good. Arm was hanging at the onset of his fight. Almost like it got tangled and bent.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
  #34
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 500
Fun game guys. Nicely played.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 11:30 PM
  #35
OpAck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
So, JT finishes the preseason with no goals and just a few assists?

Ugh, here we go...this has Dave Chyzowski written all over it.

Thank goodness we nabbed Schremp...at least someone will pot 50+ goals a season.

Wocka wocka!

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:38 AM
  #36
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London or Gaspe
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Question...

4 shots for in 4 games for Tavares??? You guys got him to be a goal scorer correct??

Is he getting the opportunity to shoot or is he just not taking them when he has a chance. The kid has one of the best shots I've seen.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
  #37
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Question...

4 shots for in 4 games for Tavares??? You guys got him to be a goal scorer correct??

Is he getting the opportunity to shoot or is he just not taking them when he has a chance. The kid has one of the best shots I've seen.
From what I've seen, hes been trying to deke guys too much, and not taking the shot when he has the chance. Probably because when he did it in junior, it never failed, but he will have to learn that it wont fly every time up here. There were a few times last night when he passed up a shot to try and deke around a defensman to set up a better shot, and he usually got the puck stripped. However the only time it did work he make Colin White look like he never played hockey before, so basically, he just has to get used to the new league and hell be fine IMO

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
  #38
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London or Gaspe
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
From what I've seen, hes been trying to deke guys too much, and not taking the shot when he has the chance. Probably because when he did it in junior, it never failed, but he will have to learn that it wont fly every time up here. There were a few times last night when he passed up a shot to try and deke around a defensman to set up a better shot, and he usually got the puck stripped. However the only time it did work he make Colin White look like he never played hockey before, so basically, he just has to get used to the new league and hell be fine IMO
He fell into the trap last year in the playoffs trying to make the extra move but most times he lost the puck. Especially against Windsor. There were many times I was shaking my head going why??? you have the best shot in junior hockey and your not choosing to shoot against a weak goalie???

Anyway thanks for that lets hope he clues in before it's too late.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
  #39
BelovedIsles
Registered User
 
BelovedIsles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In Your head [;
Country: United States
Posts: 9,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
I had suspicion since the draft, and now that I've seen JT in a few pre-season games I feel more confirmed, there's going to be a significant adjustment period. It may take him a full year to re-calibrate his tools to the NHL context, compounded by the lack of talent on his line.

What I was encouraged by was his puck protection and speed, wasn't as soft or slow as I thought he may be.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
  #40
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
I had suspicion since the draft, and now that I've seen JT in a few pre-season games I feel more confirmed, there's going to be a significant adjustment period. It may take him a full year to re-calibrate his tools to the NHL context, compounded by the lack of talent on his line.

What I was encouraged by was his puck protection and speed, wasn't as soft or slow as I thought he may be.
His puck possession and strength is ridiculous for his age and size. Definitely one of his major strengths.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 05:30 AM
  #41
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
it was purposely a bad joke bc it was clearly just a typo...im better than that dude
No personal judgments, that was just my reaction.... as a cook, you know?

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.