HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA/Edm

Old
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Salim786

vCash: 500
LA/Edm

To Edmonton Oilers:

Dustin Brown

To LA Kings:

Ethan Moreau
Sam Gagner

Why Edmonton does this is that they badly need a big top 6 forward, and it is time for a change with the captaincy. The LA Kings get a leader, gritty 2way 3rd liner and a solid undersized winger in Gagner.

Alright, flame away !

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

pass for LA.

I like those players but not for Brown.

Brown's contract and his intangibles make him nearly untouchable in LA. Not saying he wouldn't be dealt for the right trade but this is not it.

Knight of the Realm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
To Edmonton Oilers:

Dustin Brown

To LA Kings:

Ethan Moreau
Sam Gagner

Why Edmonton does this is that they badly need a big top 6 forward, and it is time for a change with the captaincy. The LA Kings get a leader, gritty 2way 3rd liner and a solid undersized winger in Gagner.

Alright, flame away !
Dustin Brown is a player you would have to really overpay to get. He's hit goals 30 and will likely do it again, He's signed cheaply long term, and He's the Kings captain.

I know you put why Edm does this trade, but there is zero reason for LA to do it.

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
nullmeatbag

LA won't be trading Dustin Brown any time soon I don't think.

nullmeatbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:34 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Terrible for LA. They don't need Gagner anyway, they have Schenn waiting in the wings. And what good is Ethan Moreau to the Kings?

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
To Edmonton Oilers:

Dustin Brown

To LA Kings:

Ethan Moreau
Sam Gagner

Alright, flame away !
Well, I guess that would be important seeing as Dustin Brown is their leader... why not give him more than one season to prove himself as that leader that you think they need?

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
nullmeatbag

nullmeatbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonnbbaker View Post
You've said that twice. Third time's the charm?

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
JustinCider

I'd love that deal for the Oilers, sadly, it's never gonna happen. LA could be scary good, real soon. They have unreal talent on that team. If half of their blue chip prospects hit anywhere near their potential, I could see them making some real noise, real soon.

JustinCider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
Nnnooo!!!

Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Terrible for LA. They don't need Gagner anyway, they have Schenn waiting in the wings. And what good is Ethan Moreau to the Kings?
I remember hearing a rumor a while back about Lombardi having some interest in some Oilers players including Ethan Moreau. Im sure he was put in the proposal to replace the heart and grit of Brown.

Dont think the Kings do it and I think the Oilers may lose long term. I'd do it right now as an Oilers fan now though.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
I remember hearing a rumor a while back about Lombardi having some interest in some Oilers players including Ethan Moreau. Im sure he was put in the proposal to replace the heart and grit of Brown.

Dont think the Kings do it and I think the Oilers may lose long term. I'd do it right now as an Oilers fan now though.
Dont think the Kings do it huh? I can guarantee you 100% that they wouldn't even think about doing it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Gagner could become something good, but as for right now, Dustin Brown is something good. Although I don't think that Dustin Brown is anything more than an above average 2nd line player, he fills a need.

Although Sam Gagner is tempting, I do not want to trade Brown for a prospect at this point. It just isn't happening.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Brown's contract alone makes him quite untouchable. he can score 25 goals/55 points....and kings will still rather keep him because of his great contract and what he brings to the table other than scoring.

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 12:04 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
To Edmonton Oilers:

Dustin Brown

To LA Kings:

Ethan Moreau
Sam Gagner

Alright, flame away !

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 03:31 AM
McFiddie

Question for kings fans, how would you feel about a straight up Hemsky for Brown deal?

McFiddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Lounge Act*

Thanks to Kings fans for giving Gagner some respect even though this deal is terrible. The Kings should never trade Brown. He's a real gem taken in the 2003 draft that was brimming with high-end talent, but hey at least the Oilers got Pouliot!!!

Don't mean to derail the topic, but the '03 draft will always tick me off. Ugh.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 04:23 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Quote:
To Edmonton Oilers:

Dustin Brown

To LA Kings:

Ethan Moreau
Sam Gagner

Alright, flame away !
1. Gagner is a top 6 forward.

2. LA has a leader.
2 b. LA doesn't need a new captain.

3. Moreau is a huge downgrade.

4. Gagner isn't a winger.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 04:28 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Thou View Post
Thanks to Kings fans for giving Gagner some respect even though this deal is terrible. The Kings should never trade Brown. He's a real gem taken in the 2003 draft that was brimming with high-end talent, but hey at least the Oilers got Pouliot!!!

Don't mean to derail the topic, but the '03 draft will always tick me off. Ugh.
Don't beat the Oilers up too badly. While LA did take Brown, they also took Brian Boyle and Jeff Tambellini in the 1st round in 2003.

danaluvsthekings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:18 AM
regulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
Question for kings fans, how would you feel about a straight up Hemsky for Brown deal?
Personally, I would be all over that deal as a Kings fan, but that's just me.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 10:22 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
It is Gagner for Brown

While Gagner has huge upside and is what if--Brown is a now and we know what he can do and will do

Ethen was a toss in

With the depth the oiler have at center and other players in the pipeline--they do it becuase Brown is the type of player they need.

Kings fans, to even consider it would come back and ask for Hemsky and Gagner

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:02 AM
GoldenTicket

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
It is Gagner for Brown

While Gagner has huge upside and is what if--Brown is a now and we know what he can do and will do

Ethen was a toss in

With the depth the oiler have at center and other players in the pipeline--they do it becuase Brown is the type of player they need.

Kings fans, to even consider it would come back and ask for Hemsky and Gagner
I see no reason why Gagner couldn't outscore Brown in the future and possibly even this year. Brown is cheap but Gagner is cheaper. Gagner doesn't bring the Grit and leadership that Brown does but I think he could be a 90 point player.

Vagabond if you think LA would ask for Gagner and Hemsky your smoking rock. Both of those players have around the same value as Brown. That's ludiacris.

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
I see no reason why Gagner couldn't outscore Brown in the future and possibly even this year. Brown is cheap but Gagner is cheaper. Gagner doesn't bring the Grit and leadership that Brown does but I think he could be a 90 point player.

Vagabond if you think LA would ask for Gagner and Hemsky your smoking rock. Both of those players have around the same value as Brown. That's ludiacris.
Hard to get 90 points playing as a fourth line center. Brown is also still what 24-25 years old. Gagner has a lot of potential but I'll keep Brown thanks.

Knight of the Realm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
GoldenTicket

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Hard to get 90 points playing as a fourth line center. Brown is also still what 24-25 years old. Gagner has a lot of potential but I'll keep Brown thanks.
0 Chance Gagner stays on 4th line for any amount of time. He scored at .75 ppg in the preseason and for some reason is in the dog house. I know preseason doesn't mean squat but Gagner will have his best season so far this year. Book it. Trading away 20 year old who has already been effective at the NHL level makes no sense. I see why LA does not want to move Brown. But I don't want to move Gagner either. If he's still only putting up 50 points as a 24 year old then you might think about moving him.

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
0 Chance Gagner stays on 4th line for any amount of time. He scored at .75 ppg in the preseason and for some reason is in the dog house. I know preseason doesn't mean squat but Gagner will have his best season so far this year. Book it. Trading away 20 year old who has already been effective at the NHL level makes no sense. I see why LA does not want to move Brown. But I don't want to move Gagner either. If he's still only putting up 50 points as a 24 year old then you might think about moving him.
I agree, Gagner will not be on the 4th line for long. If he stays healthy, I expect 50 - 60 points from him this year. Straight up, Gagner for Brown, the Oilers make that deal, just due to team need, they need size, physical presence, and a goal scoring winger. That's exactly what Brown is, and he's that right now, no waiting for him to reach his potential. Gagner looks like he has the skills and talent to become a ppg player, but he will never be physical, and he has not reached that potential as of now. I, personally would not move Hemsky for Brown, as much as I like Brown, I feel Hemsky has another level above him, in terms of skill. Hemsky is not as physical as Brown, but I feel he is just as tough.

JustinCider is online now   Reply With Quote