HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread (PSN's/Gamertags)

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2009, 09:57 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 500
Pokemon Blue

Old
10-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Pokemon Blue
winner. I start playing that every year during finals

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-01-2009, 09:59 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
During my AP exams in Highschool, all I did was play Red. I finally ****ing got all 151. I didnt even break the seal on half the tests. Im also a ****ing bum.

However, Once I found out that you could get Mew by yourself, my life was changed.

Old
10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Defmincex13

enough said

Old
10-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Casey Tatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
My top 5 ever:

1. SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs
2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
3. FF7
4. Tecmo Super Bowl
5. Xenogears

Right now I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and might throw CoD4 back in for a while before the second Modern Warfare comes out. Also just beat Prototype not too long ago, had a lot of fun with that.
SOCOM II= best years of my life haha.

Old
10-03-2009, 10:55 PM
PlantersOye

The Philadelphia Flyers Official PS3/360 Database

I haven't seen anything regarding a thread for user IDs on Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360 console.

What is this thread for?
Good question. This thread is for users to have an easier time (convenience "tool") to see the PSNs (Playstation 3) and/or Gamertags (Xbox 360) of users in the Philadelphia Flyers forum community. It does not only have to be for Flyers fan, however-- just users who just want to be able to have people on HFboards on their list.

What is your PSN, Cast?
CaStFuLLdayS or castfulldays, just if it's difficult for you to read the lettering on the actual one.

So what exactly should I post in this thread?
Well, please don't use this thread to spam/chat/flame/etc. This thread is only to be a list that will be updated every so often (perhaps on a weekly basis). There are only a couple things that you should post in a single post.

1) PSN and/or Gamertag
2) Games that you have or games that you actively play on online multiplayer
3) Casual, Recreational, Hardcore/serious gamer?
4) Years of age? (No birthdays, only your age. Do not feel obliged to give out your age)

Just be sure to say that you are from HFboards and whatnot when adding a user on Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360.

Use this thread as a "convenience" tool to be able to make friends from the HFboards community.

-More to come-

List of PSNs and Gamertags
1. PSN - CaStFuLLdayS
2. Games that I actively/semi-actively play online - NHL 08, COD4, RSV1, MGS4, Dirt 2, Reistance 2, LBP, Madden NFL 10
3. Recreational/Hardcore

Old
10-04-2009, 07:01 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
PSN - DEmmons
Games - NHL 10, Madden 10, Call of Duty World @ War
I play too many video games.

Old
10-04-2009, 07:22 AM

Funny you should list Mass Effect, i actually finished it last night. Amazing game, the voice acting, storyline, graphics, characters are all perfect. It's an absolutely incredible RPG that will only be surpassed by Final Fantasy and the upcoming sequel.

I do like shooters too. Like the rest of the world i can't wait for MW2.

At the moment, i'm playing Ghostbusters (*****ing), NHL 10 and FIFA 10.

Old
10-04-2009, 07:24 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Since it generated alot of interest in the Obseq thread, we might as well start one of our own so we dont flood that one.

We can talk about new releases and what not. Im a pretty big videogame player/loser.

Ill start off with my two all time favorite series.

Favorite Game ever. The only one I have a tattoo of too. (thinking of getting a solid snake one).

I love the FF series in General as well, Ive literally played everyone of them.

I LOVE the metal gear series. I picked 3 because I believe its the apex of the series. MGS4 is amazing as well, and totally worth buying a PS3 for, even if its the only game you ever play on it.

I'm really big into RPGs, and the two best, most current ones are:

and

Since i know most you have 360s, and if you arent just into shooters like every other ******, then defintely get these two games. They are great rewarding games.

Anyway, the game Im looking most forward to:

**** YEAH.

Not only is the soundtrack amazing, (Even has ****ing MANOWAR), many metal greats have voice acting parts, such as Halford and Dio. Not to mention Jack Black is ****ing amazing, and hilarious.

Anyway, Continue the nerd discussion.
Great selections. I was never much of an RPG fan, traditional RPGs anyway....I like the ones that lean towards the action side of things.....With that said, I tried out Mass Effect recently and really liking it.

I just played the demo yesterday for Brutal Legend. HOLY **** I cant wait for that game!

Old
10-04-2009, 07:27 AM
mikedifr

I am more of a traditional platformer and hack n slash fan.

The God of War series and Castlevania series are my all time favs!!

Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Onimusha
Ratchet and Clank Series (SO MUCH FUN)
Uncharted (cant wait for Uncharted 2)
Little Big Planet

Old
10-04-2009, 11:15 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
During my AP exams in Highschool, all I did was play Red. I finally ****ing got all 151. I didnt even break the seal on half the tests. Im also a ****ing bum.

However, Once I found out that you could get Mew by yourself, my life was changed.

WTF?!?! I never saw that one before.

I had all 151 on my blue when I was in 7th grade.

EDIT: Missingno helped get me a lot of rare candies and masterballs, haha.

Old
10-04-2009, 12:11 PM
mm6492

Just got NHL 10 for PS3

PSN: manslaughter101

Request me if you wanna play. If anyone has an online team, I am looking to join one...

Old
10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
flyersguy33*

Just downloaded the roster update for NHL 10 so that JVR is in the game and I started a dynasty.

First game of the season and only 1 minute into the second period and JVR already has 2 goals

Carcillo with a goal hahah

Old
10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
From all the posts...

Socom I & II runined my life. III was ok, Confrontation is no where near as fun.

Perfect Dark > GoldenEye. Its basically Goldeneye II, with more ****.
I loved shooting the ****ing Alien in the Single player.

Link Mode was the **** with two PS2's.

Epic.

First Game i had to beat.

i could go on, but its just endless.

Old
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Battletoads is a good call. I loved that game.

Old
10-09-2009, 04:49 PM
flyersguy33*

Socom is the greatest game ever.

Old
10-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Garbage Goal

Pretty sure the Mew glitch isn't real. That was probably a hack.

I stopped playing ROMs and I don't really have the privacy to play consoles much. I sold all of my GBA and DS games. So now I'm just sticking to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (such an awesome multiplayer game), Shoddybattle (just an online pokemon game/simulator), Star Wars Battlefront (I and II), and NHL 09 (which I suck at).

Old
10-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Casey Tatum

Psn: Daveyyaunce
We need some dudes for our nhl 10 team. If anyone's interested hit me up.

Old
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
flyersguy33*

you should see my lineup right now for my season in NHL. It's so brutal. Ill post it later when I get on.

Old
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685

end of thread.

Old
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
dbow2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
SOCOM II= best years of my life haha.
Dont even get me started on SOCOM II...from 5th - 7th grade my buddies and I would play every single day after we got home from school for 3 hours...I sometimes even got up at 4 oclock in the morning to play...On several occasions I played it for 12 hours at a time...I literally wasted weeks of my life playing that spectacular game

My first post on a hockey forum is about SOCOM..nasty

Old
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbow2019 View Post
Dont even get me started on SOCOM II...from 5th - 7th grade my buddies and I would play every single day after we got home from school for 3 hours...I sometimes even got up at 4 oclock in the morning to play...On several occasions I played it for 12 hours at a time...I literally wasted weeks of my life playing that spectacular game

Sounds like me, but with Phantasy Star Online. ****, i cried the other day about that game. I downloaded the soundtrack from it, and like first track started playing, then I looked at my calendar... like 10 ****ing years have passed and like everything that has changed since then hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm a *****. I know. Ugh.

But back on topic. Brutal Legend i was excited for. I'm a big old school PC gamer and since its by Tim Schaffer i knew it was going to be good. Demo was nice. Sound track is iffy, but I understand they actually weren't going for talent and awesomeness, just cheesiness, hence no like... REALLY good bands, and just stereotypical ones. No Death? Morbid Angel? Bolt Thrower? Ruins of Beverast? Come on... BUT there were some Bolt Thrower references in the demo movie i watched so, at least that's cool.

Just started replaying FF7. I'm going as Reno for Halloween this year. Should be interesting. Have to get in character. Probably the worst Final Fantasy, but whatever.

And that's pretty much my feelings on games right now. Nothing good has come out... Pretty bad year so far.

Was waiting for Forza 2... Played the demo and laughed. Ever since I built my PC sim racing rig, I couldn't care less about console racers anymore. PC Sims are so ridiculously far ahead in terms of realism and physics that its just a joke now. They might not have '2 billion cars that handle NOTHING like they do in real life!' or 'Aftermarket parts that make no sense!', but its just pure racing. And the mod community is insane for them.

So now the only game on my list is... Football Manager '10... and... uh... Brutal Legend... and... Was waiting for Op. Flashpoint, but hear they just destroyed that franchise. First Fallout, now Flashpoint. Does everyone of my childhood franchises have to be just ravaged and destroyed? Uh... Borderlands looks OK. Oh and guess i have to buy Sega All Stars Racing now that they announced Ryo is in it... GO SHENMUE!

And the Mew glitch is real. You glitch the game out by flying when you should be fighting a trainer, then you fight the Slowpoke. When you go back to the area you flew away, it uses the hex data from the fight with the slowpoke, except it puts it together all ass backwards... which creates a fight with Mew!

Old
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbow2019 View Post

I wasn't that bad, but me my brother and my friend would pull all nighters on the weekend playing online. Mad a ****ing man cave in his basement and just played all night. It was ****ing awesome

Old
10-12-2009, 02:44 AM
flyersguy33*

Probably post once every few weeks are completed

New Year, Big Expectations

After send Joffery Lupul, Luca Sbisa, and 2 first round draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks for defenseman Chris Pronger, the Philadelphia Flyers are poised for a good year. In addition to trading for Pronger, the Flyers reached out into left field and signed goalie Ray Emery, who spent the past couple years in Russia. The Flyers also added Blair Betts to strengthen their fourth line and solidify their penalty kill. They also signed 28 year old Mika Pyorala out of Finland to play on the third line. After making a very good impression at camp, the Flyers assigned 2007 2nd overall pick, James van Riemsdyk, to the big club. Van Riemsdyk will look to have a break out rookie year with the big club after playing in several games for the Phantoms last season.

The 2009 season is set to get under way when the Flyers faceoff against the Carolina Hurricanes.

Forwards:
Hartnell Carter Briere
Gagne Richards Pyorala
JVR Giroux Powe
Carcillo Betts Laperriere

Defensemen:
Carle Pronger
Coburn Timonen
Parent Jones

Goalies:
Emery
Boucher

Through the first 5 games, the Flyers have been on a role. Posting a 4-1 record, they sit atop the Eastern Conference. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards currently lead the team with in goals, each with 3, and in points with 4. Rookie sensation JVR is close behind with 2 goals on the season. After 5 games, Ray Emery looks to be the real deal. With 4 wins, a G.A.A of 1.60, a 92.1 save percentage, and one shutout, he might be the goalie the Flyers have been looking for. However, with the good, there is always the bad. Defeseman Randy Jones was injured during a fight and is out for the next 9 days. Also injured for the next 1-2 weeks are forwards Claude Giroux and newcomer Mika Pyorala. In their replace the Flyers called up defenseman Danny Syvret and forwards Jonathan Matsumoto and Patrick Maroon. Will these rookies be able to help keep the Flyers hot streak continue? Only time will tell. The one good thing however, the Flyers have the next 7 days off to rest and get healthy again

Current lines:

Forwards:
Hartnell Carter Briere
Gagne Richards Asham
JVR Matsumoto Maroon
Carcillo Betts Laperriere

Defensemen:
Carle Pronger
Coburn Timonen
Syvret Tollefsen

Goalies:
Emery
Boucher

Syvret Making a Name for Himself

After coming off a week break, the Flyers made easy work of the Panthers winning by a score of 5-2. Scoring for the Flyers were Danny Syvret, Simon Gagne, Jonathan Matsumoto, Jeff Carter and Scott Hartnell. For Matsumoto, this was his first goal in his first career game with the Flyers. He has a bright future ahead of him. Since Randy Jones went down last week, Danny Syvret has been brilliant in his spot. Syvret has scored 2 goals in 2 games and is making a case to replace Jones permanently in the line-up.

Last edited by flyersguy33*: 10-12-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old
10-15-2009, 04:42 PM
UseYourAllusion

if you have an X-Box and you didn't get Turtles in Time yet, do it now.

Closed Thread