HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Mats Sundin Retires: Press Conference 6:30 am EST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2009, 08:45 PM
  #176
Cool Beans Man
Registered User
 
Cool Beans Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Thanks for everything Mats. Wish you could have taken it all home once.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:47 PM
  #177
Transplanted Caper
Registered User
 
Transplanted Caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Internet Underbelly
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,679
vCash: 500
My favourite Sundin moment:


Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:57 PM
  #178
akiberg*
 
akiberg*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
My favourite Sundin moment:

That was awesome. Forgot it was shorthanded.

akiberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:11 PM
  #179
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
My favourite Sundin moment:



It might be a long while before we have another centerman like that.Size, Speed, Skill he was the complete package.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
  #180
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,720
vCash: 500
I miss him already, watching the SC tp 10, its reminds me of my young childhood (my earliest memories, to when i was 13)

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM
  #181
HockeyAustralia
 
HockeyAustralia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,383
vCash: 500
He should have retired last year for sure, a Leaf and without any negatives

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
  #182
Theron
#beauty
 
Theron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
one of my fav moments...the DING!!!!! heard across the city

I also went to game 3 where Cross scored in OT. Amazing 1st game

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 07:45 AM
  #183
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Great player, HOFer and a class act. Looking forward to the tribute he'll receive tonight.

I will forever boo Fletcher long and hard(hope he's on the screen tonight) for the way he had Mats villified. Judging by the amount of garbage in this thread, I'd say Gramps got his wish.

Also good to see the number who weren't so naive.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
  #184
Courage*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by despotic View Post
This is not what I said ... I said "attacking the person" i.e. "argument against the person" i.e. "ad hominem" is a common fallacy ...

The attacker has no valid arguments and is trying to divert attention by attacking the person instead. Anyway ... enough with the logic lesson ... I'm off
Logic lesson? From someone who clearly misunderstands what an ad hominem fallacy actually is? That's rich.

Saying your argument (opinion/position/claim) is baseless and laughable is an attack on the substance of your argument. It may be true or not.

Saying you are laughable would be an ad hominem attack.

Akiberg did the first, not the second. Get it?

Courage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 09:16 AM
  #185
BlueAndWhite
Registered User
 
BlueAndWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Great player, HOFer and a class act. Looking forward to the tribute he'll receive tonight.

I will forever boo Fletcher long and hard(hope he's on the screen tonight) for the way he had Mats villified. Judging by the amount of garbage in this thread, I'd say Gramps got his wish.

Also good to see the number who weren't so naive.
It is quite ironic because we have Fletch to thank for even having 13 years of Mats in the first place.

I agree with your thoughts.

I was not even 10 when Sundin was traded to Toronto. So for me, he was and forever will be "that" player. The guy whose hockey cards you had to have, the one you pretended to be when you played, etc.

I don't think he was the greatest player to ever play for the Leafs (he is in the top ten IMO) but he certainly had the greatest Leaf career.

I.m eagerly waiting for them to announce the game where they will honor his number, because I'm going to want to be there - cheering my heart out.

BlueAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:36 AM
  #186
draeko17
Registered User
 
draeko17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Great player, HOFer and a class act. Looking forward to the tribute he'll receive tonight.

I will forever boo Fletcher long and hard(hope he's on the screen tonight) for the way he had Mats villified. Judging by the amount of garbage in this thread, I'd say Gramps got his wish.

Also good to see the number who weren't so naive.

Really? I'm going to miss it....

draeko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
  #187
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Do you guys think hell get his jersey retired or just honored?

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
  #188
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Do you guys think hell get his jersey retired or just honored?
Honoured, unless a tragedy occurs between now and then.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
  #189
MadarameIkakku83
Registered User
 
MadarameIkakku83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
the dream is over, so long Mats, thx for staying on this crap team for all those years and giving it all your all, you will be terrbile missed, and never forgotten... goodluck in life after the nhl, thx for including us in your life, it was a great run, with or wiithout a cup!

MadarameIkakku83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:54 PM
  #190
despotic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Bulgaria
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage View Post
Logic lesson? From someone who clearly misunderstands what an ad hominem fallacy actually is? That's rich.

Saying your argument (opinion/position/claim) is baseless and laughable is an attack on the substance of your argument. It may be true or not.

Saying you are laughable would be an ad hominem attack.

Akiberg did the first, not the second. Get it?


If you are going to butt in, at least make an attempt to read what was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
funny you remember him coming back from an injury because you seem awfully confused on how sundin played in the playoffs. honestly, did you even watch sundin in the playoffs or are you looking up stats to tell all you will listen that sundin wasn't as good as roberts? give me a break.
Where does he attack the argument here? The only thing he does is imply that I didn't watch any games and only look at stats. He is trying to divert the attention from the actual argument to a fabrication that I haven't seen any games.


Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
Funny, you seem to be using the stats to support a baseless argument.

Mats didn't give his all for the leafs???? LOL. I mean what can I even say to that except do you really follow hockey or did you jump in the Mats thread to regurgitate something Steve Simmons wrote about him?
Again ... does not offer anything to counter the argument other that saying again that I dont follow hockey and that I get my opinions from someone hated around these forums. I guess associating me with someone hated around here is really attacking the argument, isn't it?



Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
My argument to you is that you never 'observed' Mats play in the playoffs and are using stats to support your now baseless argument.
See how the argument is that I am incapable to or have never observed hockey? Again ... attack against the person, not the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
To suggest that Mats didn't give 100% when he was on the ice for the Leafs means to me that you really didn't follow his career. I have, and I am just trying to help.
Hmm .. again ... because my opinion differs, I just don't follow hockey. Does not give any arguments against my points other than trying to discredit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
Don't you have some homework or something you should be doing?
Wow...this line is totally attacking the argument and not the person, right?


... and so on


anyway ... reading before posting helps

despotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:54 AM
  #191
PTmbp13
Registered User
 
PTmbp13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
He had it all, exept playing on a winning team...A bit sad about this. Go Mats

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 04:58 PM
  #192
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett
 
LeafsGuru93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TORONTO
Country: Greece
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Thanks Mats for everything, all the great memories you gave us for 13 years!!! One of the greatest Leaf to ever wear the blue & white, He will be truly missed!!

Hell he sat in a friggen dental chair for 2 hours one time. I can't recall what year.

He carried this team on his back for many years, never complained about his linemates, other players in the NHL. Class act player both on & off the ice.

My 1st goal I saw live @ the ACC was in '99 vs Boston. Sundin came around the net & backhanded it to put the Leafs up 1-0. Leafs won that game 4-0.

I will never forget that game or that goal.

Two of the best memories that stand out to me of his was, 500 goal, OT winner vs the Flames & the goal to tie the game with 10 seconds left in the playoffs.

I hope his jersey is hanging from the rafters @ the ACC very soon!!

Does anyone have that audio of Sundin's press conference?

Sundin, Sundin!!

__________________
It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.

Last edited by LeafsGuru93: 10-03-2009 at 05:03 PM.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.