HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009-2010 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Pukboy5kroner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
I was kind of hoping we'd pick up Stralman, who got traded to Columbus. They only paid a third rounder for him too. Lots of potential there.
He seems a bit like Koistinen to me, which isn't necessarily bad, but a bit redundant in my mind -- with Allen, Ballard, McCabe, Leopold, Koistinen, Backman (say it aint so) and now possibly Kulikov he would have to really earn a spot. However, I'm sure you have seen a bit more of him.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Hey GP!

It's time for Carolina to get rid of Ward ASAP

New deal - 6 years ... $6.3M per...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12289351/rss

Old
09-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Hey GP!

It's time for Carolina to get rid of Ward ASAP

New deal - 6 years ... $6.3M per...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12289351/rss
I thought the exact same thing when I saw that. He's overpaid and he sucks now. Get rid of him!

Old
10-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Acadmus

Another former Panther that's kicked around a bit manages somehow to get a new contract. Alexei Semenov - now 28 and clearly a bust - signed with the Rags.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
was reading this blog

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,192993

nobody gives us a chance, i like that, i love being underdog...i hated the fact last year that many were saying we would make the playoffs i thought it was sort of a jinx, really bad jinx that hurt to miss out in such a way last year

this year im really hoping for a pleasant surprise, it's about damn time

Old
10-01-2009, 11:48 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
was reading this blog

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,192993

nobody gives us a chance, i like that, i love being underdog...i hated the fact last year that many were saying we would make the playoffs i thought it was sort of a jinx, really bad jinx that hurt to miss out in such a way last year

this year im really hoping for a pleasant surprise, it's about damn time
And SI's new issue has a hockey preview with us ranked 13th in the East.

Old
10-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=500607

Glass made the Nucks! Congrats Tanner.

Old
10-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

great performance by craig anderson today with the avs, he stopped 38 of 40 shots today i believe...who says this kid can't be a starter in the nhl? i'll say it once more, he proved he could be last year with us

Old
10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
Flames fan here and just watched the Flames beat the Canucks 5-3.

For those interested in knowing how Bouwmeester is doing in Calgary, read on.

I just have to say one thing, and I know it's only one game but, Jay Bouwmeester is freaking awsome. He had 30 minutes tonight and was a +2. He was tremendous defensively and was always in position. He has an active stick and his ability to bring the puck up the ice is a thing of beauty. Him on the PP with Phaneuf was great as well. He is a workhorse and I am VERY surprised that he played 30 minutes and still skate like he did with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Just thought I'd let you guys know how thankful I am of having Bouwmeester on our team.

Old
10-02-2009, 01:02 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Watched the Nucks/Flames as well. Can't say too much bad about Bouwmeester, except I'll disagree that he was great on the PP. More letting the puck outta' the zone, and I think on both of Calgary's first two PP goals, it wasn't until Bouwmeester left the ice that the PP really got going and eventually scored.

Old
10-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imber View Post
Watched the Nucks/Flames as well. Can't say too much bad about Bouwmeester, except I'll disagree that he was great on the PP. More letting the puck outta' the zone, and I think on both of Calgary's first two PP goals, it wasn't until Bouwmeester left the ice that the PP really got going and eventually scored.
Get used to that with him, especially with his allowing the puck out of the zone. But, he's solid on most everything else.

10-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
great performance by craig anderson today with the avs, he stopped 38 of 40 shots today i believe...who says this kid can't be a starter in the nhl? i'll say it once more, he proved he could be last year with us
That's awesome and I wish him all the best, but one game means he's a capable backup which he already proved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post

I just have to say one thing, and I know it's only one game but, Jay Bouwmeester is freaking awsome. He had 30 minutes tonight and was a +2. He was tremendous defensively and was always in position. He has an active stick and his ability to bring the puck up the ice is a thing of beauty. Him on the PP with Phaneuf was great as well. He is a workhorse and I am VERY surprised that he played 30 minutes and still skate like he did with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Just thought I'd let you guys know how thankful I am of having Bouwmeester on our team.
Great, you told us what we already know. Jay is an elite defensive guy. Offensively he has 0 creativity and your powerplay will suffer with him. We don't want updates throughout the season because were bitter about how the guy ****ed us. Move along now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Get used to that with him, especially with his allowing the puck out of the zone. But, he's solid on most everything else.
Good response Laus. Defensively he's top 3 in the league, but my god how does he continue to get powerplay time? He scores goals/point on account of being the best skater on the ice and that's it, period.

Old
10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
That's awesome and I wish him all the best, but one game means he's a capable backup which he already proved here.
seriously. "he's now proved he can be the starter"???

Old
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post

Surprise surprise, just like Luongo, now everyone knows Bouw is one of the best once he moves into a hockey market. But when he was a Panther, he was "overrated". I told all you Flames fans that Bouw was better than Phaneuf.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Surprise surprise, just like Luongo, now everyone knows Bouw is one of the best once he moves into a hockey market. But when he was a Panther, he was "overrated". I told all you Flames fans that Bouw was better than Phaneuf.
Seriously. I watched that game last night and once again, Phaneuf is just atrocious. He's just a joke in the defensive zone. Talk about overrated. Hell, take away his illegal hits and he's even more of a scam.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Seriously. I watched that game last night and once again, Phaneuf is just atrocious. He's just a joke in the defensive zone. Talk about overrated. Hell, take away his illegal hits and he's even more of a scam.
Yep. Now Flames fans will see what a real great young defenseman actually is.

P.S: Andrei Markov is out for 2-3 months according to Sportsnet, 3-4 months according to RDS. They're so boned. That's really tough, right off the bat like that. Tough break for them.

Old
10-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yep. Now Flames fans will see what a real great young defenseman actually is.

P.S: Andrei Markov is out for 2-3 months according to Sportsnet, 3-4 months according to RDS. They're so boned. That's really tough, right off the bat like that. Tough break for them.
#&*$&*&$(*##@

He's on my fantasy team...

Old
10-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
seriously. "he's now proved he can be the starter"???
fair enough, laugh all you want, but will see who's laughing when he establishes himself as the undisputed Colorado #1

Old
10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
fair enough, laugh all you want, but will see who's laughing when he establishes himself as the undisputed Colorado #1
That's not hard to do. What he has still yet to prove is that he can be a good #1 goalie. You don't have to be that to be Colorado's #1.

Old
10-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Why the Anderson hate? I'll take Vokoun over Andy any day, but I do think that he's got it in him to be a legit starting goalie. Not necessarily an all-star, but certainly a bona-fide #1 guy. He hasn't proved it yet, but I think he can stand up to 55 games a year or so.

Old
10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Why the Anderson hate? I'll take Vokoun over Andy any day, but I do think that he's got it in him to be a legit starting goalie. Not necessarily an all-star, but certainly a bona-fide #1 guy. He hasn't proved it yet, but I think he can stand up to 55 games a year or so.
I don't think anyone's hating on Andy. I have a good feeling that Andy has it in him to be a good starter as well, but he still hasn't proved it yet. That's all we're saying. So when someone says he HAS proved it, they're wrong. He hasn't. I think that's all anyone's saying.

Old
10-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Anderson with the shutout against Nucks.. woohoo

Old
10-03-2009, 10:07 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Anderson with the shutout against Nucks.. woohoo
Glad to see Craig doing so well with his new team. He's quickly become one of their most valuable players.

Old
10-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

BOYYYY that craig anderson i tell ya', whoever says he was ready to be an NHL starting golie is a moron!!

*sigh*

Old
10-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
BOYYYY that craig anderson i tell ya', whoever says he was ready to be an NHL starting golie is a moron!!

*sigh*
Sorry, it's going to take more than 2 games. When he sustains this level of play over a whole season, then you can talk.

Closed Thread