HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Semenov Will NOT be a Ranger (UPDATE: To Moscow, KHL)

Old
10-01-2009, 04:26 PM
squishy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Source for what?

Brooks reported Semenov is believed to be weighing a KHL offer.

Brooks wrote if Semenov doesn't sign with the Rangers then they would continue to look for a 7th defenseman.

Walsh made a point of announcing Semenov's signing as he does with all of his clients and then removed it.
Sorry, I didn't see the Brooks link.

That said, I take everything Brooks starts with "believed to be" with a huge grain of salt.

I also find it incredibly difficult to believe the Rangers would have put out a press release unless they had a signature on paper. Which is why I still think its more likely to be a matter of some sort of issue being discovered when the deal was sent to the NHL than a matter of someone simply changing their mind.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Meanwhile, getting ready to relocate is Christoph Schubert, who was placed on re-entry waivers Thursday. That means one team has likely indicated interest in claiming him (Phoenix and Nashville are possible suitors) and equally splitting his $900,000 (all terms US) salary with the Senators.

Ottawa would be left to absorb a cap hit of a bit less than $450,000 — or $450,000 more than if Schubert stayed in the minors.

“I’ve just got to wait until (Friday),” Schubert said when asked if he knew his destination as he exited SBP. “Bryan Murray can’t tell me (yet).”
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../11239696.html

Hope the Rangers receive an opportunity to claim(and claim) Schubert and tell Semenov to piss off.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:13 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Sorry, I didn't see the Brooks link.

That said, I take everything Brooks starts with "believed to be" with a huge grain of salt.

I also find it incredibly difficult to believe the Rangers would have put out a press release unless they had a signature on paper. Which is why I still think its more likely to be a matter of some sort of issue being discovered when the deal was sent to the NHL than a matter of someone simply changing their mind.
The Rangers announce they have agreed to terms,Walsh announces on twitter his client is a Ranger and Semenov who didn't sound thrilled at the $600,000(on Wednesday night) is not practicing with the team on Thursday morning. Semenov made $650,000 last season. $600,000 is a not big drop. Semenov backed out of the deal.

I would tend to believe Brooks on contract matters involving the Rangers considering he nailed Callahan's $2.3 million cap # on July 1,wrote the Rangers would have a tough negotiation with Dubinsky,had the Prospal signing and had the dirt on the Dubinsky talks. He wrote the Rangers two year offer was $1.85 million per and that's what Dubinsky received.

They asked Babchuk why he turned down Carolina's offer of $1 million and he said I don't want to play for only $1 million.

These players need a reality check.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
The Rangers announce they have agreed to terms,Walsh announces on twitter his client is a Ranger and Semenov who didn't sound thrilled at the $600,000(on Wednesday night) is not practicing with the team on Thursday morning. Semenov made $650,000 last season. $600,000 is a not big drop. Semenov backed out of the deal.

I would tend to believe Brooks on contract matters involving the Rangers considering he nailed Callahan's $2.3 million cap # on July 1,wrote the Rangers would have a tough negotiation with Dubinsky,had the Prospal signing and had the dirt on the Dubinsky talks. He wrote the Rangers two year offer was $1.85 million per and that's what Dubinsky received.

They asked Babchuk why he turned down Carolina's offer of $1 million and he said I don't want to play for only $1 million.

These players need a reality check.
Honestly let him go play in the KHL if he wants.Whatever he's the spare Dman, if he plays its out of emergency and spot time.

I really don't get why he would go to Pittsburgh with the team though so obviously he must be willing to sign it up.

If not their are guys like Shubert all over the league or they can just bring up Potter who I really don't think needs to be down in Hartford any longer

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Honestly let him go play in the KHL if he wants.Whatever he's the spare Dman, if he plays its out of emergency and spot time.

I really don't get why he would go to Pittsburgh with the team though so obviously he must be willing to sign it up.

If not their are guys like Shubert all over the league or they can just bring up Potter who I really don't think needs to be down in Hartford any longer
I don't think this has anything to do with the KHL. He'd be long gone if that's what he wanted. Him going to Pittsburgh, to me, is an indication that it's just a matter of dotting i's and crossing t's. Like others have stated, it could just be an issue with the contract itself. The league may want some language corrected, etc..

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Jesus. Take the contract or leave it. Semenov isn't good enough to be worthy of this BS.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
deke and score

Quote:
Semenov deal uncertain: "I'd love to be here, but don't know if it's going to work out," he told Newsday. Russia is a possibility.
Quote:
Live from Pittsburgh: Alexei Semenov contract status unclear; he's in stands watching Pens skate with GM Glen Sather
http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/4554274731

deke and score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Just lost my job today. I'll play in place of Semenov as the 7th d-man for a cap-friendly $90,000.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amendandrevise View Post
Just lost my job today. I'll play in place of Semenov as the 7th d-man for a cap-friendly $90,000.
That sucks, man. Sorry to hear.

Times are tough.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
pwoz

Quote:
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../11239696.html

Hope the Rangers receive an opportunity to claim(and claim) Schubert and tell Semenov to piss off.
Absolutely!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:29 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, but the league minimum is $500,000. I guess you'll just have to make do

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
That sucks, man. Sorry to hear.

Times are tough.
Appreciate the regard, and yeah -- I was blessed to've held on to it for this long, I suppose - here's to optimism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Sorry to hear that, but the league minimum is $500,000. I guess you'll just have to make do
I guess I could comply... LOCK ME UP, SLATS.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:36 AM
deke and score

Quote:
Alexei Semenov will not be a member of the #Rangers this season. Team will still look for a 7th D-man.
http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/statuses/4555230674

Edited to add Zipay's tweet:

Quote:
Semenov gone; Sather said players and agent agreed but Semenov's wife nixed deal. hunt on for 7th D
http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/4555349235

Quote:
Very sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you, and you can put this behind you relatively quickly.

deke and score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Too bad so sad.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Chimp

Team needs a waterboy? Sign me up for $90.000. I have a grand resumé of mixing sports drinks.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
jniklast

He couldn't talk his family into it? If this was Phoenix or I don't know where, I could understand, but New York? I'd gladly live there for a few years...
I'm really hoping for Schubert now, but I guess some lower team will claim him before the Rangers can.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

I'm assuming that Chris Pronger's wife got re-married?

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Team needs a waterboy? Sign me up for $90.000. I have a grand resumé of mixing sports drinks.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Blame it on the chick...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

No biggie, sucked anyways. Thanks for the distraction bud leading up to the day of the first game of the season. Not gonna miss ya!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:54 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Good. Wasn't a fan anyway.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
No biggie, sucked anyways. Thanks for the distraction bud leading up to the day of the first game of the season. Not gonna miss ya!
True. From all regards, he really is just a huge pylon... He would quickly be the next Malik, and sadly is much worse. Also, I am glad he is gone if only to deter the obvious and tasteless semen jokes that would almost assuredly have followed his lackluster play!

Mjollnir9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:58 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Started out well - looked progressively worse as the competition got better. No big loss. Curious to see what Slats uses the extra contract on instead.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Appreciate the regard, and yeah -- I was blessed to've held on to it for this long, I suppose - here's to optimism.

I guess I could comply... LOCK ME UP, SLATS.
Hey no problemo.

We may all debate and bicker at each other here on the boards, but at the end of the day we are all just good people trying to get by and support our families the best we can.

I agree, here is to optimism.

I hope we see an upswing in the economy and job market soon.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Call up Corey Potter and let's move along.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote