HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Semenov Will NOT be a Ranger (UPDATE: To Moscow, KHL)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
  #101
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Team needs a waterboy? Sign me up for $90.000. I have a grand resumé of mixing sports drinks.
Count me in.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:04 AM
  #102
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Seriously, Semenov's wife nixed the deal?

That's ridiculous.

For that money he could have moved to mid-town, west side by Central Park... color me jealous.

Oh well, hopefully we can get Schubert.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:04 AM
  #103
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Good. Wasn't a fan anyway.
My thoughts exactly. Go get Schubert or something.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:04 AM
  #104
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
This is kinda comical. The team really liked him, especially after the 1st preseason game, they were ready to sign him then. Now the deal gets nixed just hours before game 1.

I think this is what happens when you GM along the edge right Slats?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
  #105
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
Blame it on the chick...
Sure wife wants more money. Can't blame her.

I blame KHL (as usual).
You can call it non-factor. You can also call 7th D man non-factor but it is more than just that. KHL is eating NHL alive. The fact that is yet far from its vital organs doesn't make it non-factor.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
  #106
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Hell, while people are applying for Waterboy, sign me up as a graphic designer... i'll work for a measly 40-50K/year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
  #107
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This is kinda comical. The team really liked him, especially after the 1st preseason game, they were ready to sign him then. Now the deal gets nixed just hours before game 1.

I think this is what happens when you GM along the edge right Slats?
Dude, back off he's a lion!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
  #108
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.
 
OrbitalDynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stalag Luft LGA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 50
We know who wears the pants in that household...

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
  #109
Blazephr
Registered User
 
Blazephr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont - NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Personally, I wasn't too crazy about Semenov being the 7th defensemen. Maybe this will be a happy accident and we end up with someone better suited for the 7th spot with-in Tort's system.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:09 AM
  #110
Other Little Mikey
Registered User
 
Other Little Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deke and score View Post
Wait, what? Semenov played in Hamilton/Edmonton for three years and his wife vetoed New York?

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
  #111
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,887
vCash: 500
Not like Semenov was a Lidstrom anyway... i think theyll find an ample replacement - even if its in the system.

But i would prefer an NHL veteran at this point, because theres no guarantee DelZotto stays after 9 games.

Funny about his wife... If she was so against him playing in NY, why did she let him tryout? Eh, who knows, we cant get into what situation the family is in, its all speculation.

Good luck Alex, nice knowin ya.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
  #112
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Sure wife wants more money. Can't blame her.

I blame KHL (as usual).
You can call it non-factor. You can also call 7th D man non-factor but it is more than just that. KHL is eating NHL alive. The fact that is yet far from its vital organs doesn't make it non-factor.
Calm down there happy, you're super-exciter cells are getting all bunched up again

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
  #113
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Sucks that he got such a long look in retrospect. If you had a hunch you weren't staying, why take up the spot from someone that might have made the team?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:26 AM
  #114
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Calm down there happy, you're super-exciter cells are getting all bunched up again
Can't help it...

I think he did sign a contract. Than same night got solid offer from KHL. Even if it was exact same amount, it's tax free so his wife could get around $200K extra at her disposal. The situation might have been discussed and known to Sather to begin with. That is why Rangers will not prosecute Alexei for breaching.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
  #115
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,350
vCash: 500
Schubert was claimed by Atlanta.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
  #116
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Schubert was claimed by Atlanta.
There goes that option.

Anyone decent left on waivers?

Are Lashoff and Lundin still out there?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:33 AM
  #117
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Well, **** him then. Seriously. Cant make up his mind then pulls out because his WIFE nixes it? Ive not no respect for a guy who cant figure his own **** out... or even worse who gets nixed by his old lady.

Loser.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
  #118
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Not like Semenov was a Lidstrom anyway...
I am sure people would say that Lidstrom is old and slow and Potter is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
But i would prefer an NHL veteran at this point, because theres no guarantee DelZotto stays after 9 games.
How come Semenov is not? What is NHL vet then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Funny about his wife... If she was so against him playing in NY, why did she let him tryout?
She wanted him to get a job. The KHL offer could have came after. I think it came even after he signed. Moscow is better than NY if you"ve got money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Good luck Alex, nice knowin ya.
Hey, aren't you flipping a bird?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
  #119
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Sucks that he got such a long look in retrospect. If you had a hunch you weren't staying, why take up the spot from someone that might have made the team?
Agreed. Why yank the Rangers' chain like that? I know when you're on a tryout basis your only looking out for #1, but that's pretty selfish.

The Rangers could have taken a flyer on Bouillon or Skoula instead. Now they either have to call up someone from Hartford, and carry 3 rookie defenseman (yikes), or sign whatever scraps are left.

Meanwhile, Potter looked like crap in the preseason. I'm a little hesitant to reward him that 7th spot, especially considering how shaky our defense has looked as of late.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
  #120
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
She wanted him to get a job. The KHL offer could have came after. I think it came even after he signed. Moscow is better than NY if you"ve got money.
Well as we all just found out (maybe Semenov too!) he's married. How much fun could it really be?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
  #121
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Agreed. Why yank the Rangers' chain like that? I know when you're on a tryout basis your only looking out for #1, but that's pretty selfish.

The Rangers could have taken a flyer on Bouillon or Skoula instead. Now they either have to call up someone from Hartford, and carry 3 rookie defenseman (yikes), or sign whatever scraps are left.

Meanwhile, Potter looked like crap in the preseason. I'm a little hesitant to reward him that 7th spot, especially considering how shaky our defense has looked as of late.
what a dink.......it's not like him and his wife were not trying out for the NY rangers.......was that not the pt to get a contract

oh well no big loss

Potter is the logical choice.

I would trade Voros for Kraijek from TB and bring up a real cheap 13th F though..........something like that anyways

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
  #122
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
what a dink.......it's not like him and his wife were not trying out for the NY rangers.......was that not the pt to get a contract
lol that's why KHL seems involved.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:57 AM
  #123
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,241
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Sure wife wants more money. Can't blame her.

I blame KHL (as usual).
You can call it non-factor. You can also call 7th D man non-factor but it is more than just that. KHL is eating NHL alive. The fact that is yet far from its vital organs doesn't make it non-factor.
I equate the KHL to maggots.

Maggots eat at dead flesh, once the dead flesh is gone, so are the maggots.

In this case, there will be a never ending supply of dead flesh therefore the maggots will always be there.

Just my opinion.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
  #124
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I am sure people would say that Lidstrom is old and slow and Potter is better.


How come Semenov is not? What is NHL vet then?

She wanted him to get a job. The KHL offer could have came after. I think it came even after he signed. Moscow is better than NY if you"ve got money.

Hey, aren't you flipping a bird?

Moscow is better than NY if you have money?

I finally figured out that you are definitely Russian. I have a russian uncle and hes a huge conspiracy theorist on different topics. Your topic is the KHL/NHL. Looking at your previous posts, most of which make no sense, I can definitely see your way of thinking.

The KHL will never be able to steal away the best/decent players in the NHL. Lets put that to rest already.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
  #125
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I equate the KHL to maggots.

Maggots eat at dead flesh, once the dead flesh is gone, so are the maggots.

In this case, there will be a never ending supply of dead flesh therefore the maggots will always be there.

Just my opinion.
Agreed.

Don't try to tell 94now that. He believes the KHL will take over this world.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.