HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

good debt fr weekes

Old
10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
He seemed nervous and like he was trying to force information.
Or was simply clueless with no insights?

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 03:30 PM
sticknrink

"NHL Skills on display in an NHL game". No **** Kevin?

I liked Crow. He had some insightful comments whenever a PP was going about setups and missed assignments.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
He should have good debt considering the salary he made over the years. Good for him though, hope he gets all of his loans approved in the future.
I LOL'd.

In all seriousness though, he was awful, but not as bad as Mark Lee. Mark Lee is fantastic at calling the Olympics - I wouldn't want anyone else doing the bobsled, or maybe the biathlon. For hockey games, he's absolutely awful. Stuttering a lot, mispronouncing names left and right... That Nystrom hit on Johnson - he didn't know it was Johnson until about 10 seconds after the hit, he just started proclaiming "Oh, what a hit on.. uh, Nystrom just laid someone out.. uh, looks like it might have been... Ryan JohnStone".

He gets excited at ALL the wrong times (dump-ins? a crisp pass in your own zone? really?)... Just a horrid play-by-play guy.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
According to the NHL Rulebook they are Alternate Captains:
Yah we just went through this like two posts before yours.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:26 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
He should have good debt considering the salary he made over the years. Good for him though, hope he gets all of his loans approved in the future.
Kevin Weekes has earned over $12 million from the 1996-97 season through the 2008-09 season in the NHL.

(HockeyZonePlus.com)

You might be interested to know that Peter Sidorkiewicz earned $2,140,895 in the NHL between 1989-90 and 1988-89. I don't know how much he earned for the the 1988-89 season and the one game he played in 1987-88 as salaries weren't made public before 1989-90.

(source:HockeyZonePlus.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkkoRuutu View Post
Is Weekes really that intelligent and full of good character? As a Canucks fan my lasting memory of him is how he invented a massive lie about being robbed on his way to practice, which is why he missed said practice. That doesn't strike me as intelligent or the actions of one with good character, though maybe he has reformed his ways since then?
I wasn't aware of that incident. Perhaps he did change over time or maybe it was only a momentary lapse in judgment.

My greatest impressions of Weekes has been over the last several seasons as first the goaltender of the nearby New York Rangers and then with my beloved New Jersey Devils. I honestly liked Weekes when he was with the New York Rangers. I saw him in many interviews of the course of those four seasons, and I was always impressed.

I know that he was held in high regard by his teammates with both clubs.

David Puddy is offline   Reply With Quote