HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team 990 ala Pierre McGuire

Old
10-02-2009, 06:18 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
And then Price gets injured and you're left with sanford...

I wouldn't trade Halak but there's a pretty good chance we'll lose him for nothing next summer if we don't...though choice.
I see what you're worry is, but let's be honest. We're basically dead in the water right now so I can see Gainey waiting a bit to assess the situation. If we aren't doing well he'll HAVE to make a trade and if Halak is in it so be it. Without Markov it won't matter if Price gets hurt as we're not a playoff team anyways so no need for a safety net because we'll have fallen anyways.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I think he was alluding to the fact that Chicago will have some issues keeping their rfa's at season's end and might be willing to move a player for less than market value. Also, due to the immense expectations to win the cup this year, putting all your eggs in Huet's basket might be a major pitfall.
Yep. Clearly Huet will have to majorly stink it up and put Chicago in a desperate situation for them to even consider it. I do think we have the best backup available whose more than ready to perform as a #1. Thing is if they move Huet, no need to move anymore salaries.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Mag1328

Question: why exactly would the Hawks want Halak when they've got two promising (and ready) goaltenders in Corey Crawford and Antti Niemi?

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Sergei and Halak is not enough for barker... But honestly, Barker is not in Chicago's future plans. Next year they need to sign Kane, Toews, Hjalmarsson, Keith ($$$), Ladd and Ben Eager. They have Barker signed at 3.085 mil for the next three years. I think this was more of a move to make the Barker package a little more attractive, as they will have a hard time getting rid of Cambell, and need so much cap room to sign their forwards.

Barker is in reach, but if we want him now, we need to over pay, and I am willing to do so.

Sergei, Halak, first rounder, 2nd rounder for Barker

When Markov is gone

Barker Spacek
Hammer Gorges
Gill Mara

When Markov is back

Markov Barker
Hammer Spacek
Mara/Gill Gorges

Amazing lineup

Also keep in mind we would have barker for 3 years at 3 mil per!!! worth it definitely

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag1328 View Post
Question: why exactly would the Hawks want Halak when they've got two promising (and ready) goaltenders in Corey Crawford and Antti Niemi?
crawford and Niemi are both unproven... Halak has proved to be one of the best backups in the league and can share time with Huet (who we all know plays better when he plays less games)

Old
10-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Sergei and Halak for

Cam Barker, according to him hes a potential 1st pairing D, 23 years old, and has a howardser of a shot.
I'm betting Montreal would have to take on Sharps 3.9 mil salary and throw in a pick 1st rounder and B prospect like David Fisher at the very least

To Montreal

Sharp 3.9 mil - 3 more years
Barker 3.1 mil - 3 more years

To Chicago

Plekanec 2.75 mil - 1 year the UFA
S. Kostitsyn 816 000 - 1 year then RFA
Halak 775 00 - 1 year the RFA
Metropolit 1 mil - 1 year then UFA
1st rounder in 2010 and 2nd rounder in 2011
David Fisher

Chicago takes on about 6 mil in salary but after this year they dump Metropolit so really they take on 5 mil. It's a 2 mil cap savings to help sign Toews and Kane plus with Halak they can dump Huet to any team that will take him to free more cap space.

Montreal gets a bit tougher down the middle with Sharp and gets the D they need to replace Markov. Problem is Montreal still would need to free up more space for when Markov returns.

New lineup

Cammalleri Gomez Gionta
AK47 Sharp MaxPac or D'Agostini
Latendresse Lapierre Moen
Stewart Chipchura Laraque

Without Markov

Barker Hamrlik
O'Byrne Spacek
Mara Gorges
Gill

With MArkov OH WOW!

Barker Markov
Spacek Hamrlik
O'Byrne Gorges
Mara Gill

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:35 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Sergei and Halak is not enough for barker... But honestly, Barker is not in Chicago's future plans. Next year they need to sign Kane, Toews, Hjalmarsson, Keith ($$$), Ladd and Ben Eager. They have Barker signed at 3.085 mil for the next three years. I think this was more of a move to make the Barker package a little more attractive, as they will have a hard time getting rid of Cambell, and need so much cap room to sign their forwards.

Barker is in reach, but if we want him now, we need to over pay, and I am willing to do so.

Sergei, Halak, first rounder, 2nd rounder for Barker

When Markov is gone

Barker Spacek
Hammer Gorges
Gill Mara

When Markov is back

Markov Barker
Hammer Spacek
Mara/Gill Gorges

Amazing lineup

Also keep in mind we would have barker for 3 years at 3 mil per!!! worth it definitely
I would wait a few weeks. See how the team does.

O'Byrne Spacek
Hamrlik Mara
Gill Gorges

That defense corps is not the end of the world but if Barker is really on the table I would still hesitate about trading away Halak.

How about Sergei, Weber & Carle?

Edit: Forget it....I forgot the hawks want to win right away.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Maxpac

It would be a dream come true for me, not to mention we would now have Markov-Barker and Hammer-Spacek + Mara as pp pairings in 4 months.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Mag1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
crawford and Niemi are both unproven... Halak has proved to be one of the best backups in the league and can share time with Huet (who we all know plays better when he plays less games)
Oh I agree with you. But since the Hawks got two goalies that are eager to prove themselves, they've got options. If one fails, the other one will probably steal the job.

My point is: when you've got two young and cheap alternatives on your team, is the upgrade from those two to Halak (who's RFA at the end of the season BTW) significant enough to let go of a Cam Barker or a Patrick Sharp ?

Whether or not you put Sergei Kostitsyn in the balance, the answer remains no.

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I don't take bald people seriously.
ok dude, who is that chick?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Goalchenyuk87

i wish this could happen but it just wont.

Goalchenyuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
0 chance of happening.
there is definitely a deal to be made though if the teams choose so. Chicago is tight against the cap especially with young Stars needing to be signed and could desperately use breathing room and a replacement for Huet.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:44 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
How on earth did McGuire get an interview for Wild GM when he proposes stuff like this?

No way on earth does Halak/SKost even come close to being enough for Barker??

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:45 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
How on earth did McGuire get an interview for Wild GM when he proposes stuff like this?

No way on earth does Halak/SKost even come close to being enough for Barker??
As mentioned previously, Chicago has lots of RFAs next year and Huet is a big question mark.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag1328 View Post
Oh I agree with you. But since the Hawks got two goalies that are eager to prove themselves, they've got options. If one fails, the other one will probably steal the job.

My point is: when you've got two young and cheap alternatives on your team, is the upgrade from those two to Halak (who's RFA at the end of the season BTW) significant enough to let go of a Cam Barker or a Patrick Sharp ?

Whether or not you put Sergei Kostitsyn in the balance, the answer remains no.
It depends though. If Chicago wants to make a run for the stanley cup this year... they need proven goalies this year. With all the pending fa's, I think they want to make a run this year like we did last year.

I agree that if they were not contenders, halak would not be a necessity in the trade.

Old
10-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I heard this on the radio, I agree, Chicago is a good dance partner. We know they have to shed some salary & have big expectations this year.

Huet has been plain awful, that loss to the Swiss team was one thing, but it seems that the trick is to go high on him & you beat him every-time(Worked for FLA today), Halak is better for them. Also A-Kos is an old teammate of Kane & they worked well together.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
And then Price gets injured and you're left with sanford...

I wouldn't trade Halak but there's a pretty good chance we'll lose him for nothing next summer if we don't...though choice.
Why would we lose him for nothing he's a RFA, at worst it will be for draft picks... good drafts picks, I might add.

Halak, I hope stays put, it's a luxury to have to great young goalies. Wait for his value to be at a all time high and then trade him (or Price) for the best possible assets.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Mats NAslund

I agree Montreal should do what they have to do to get Barker. Overpay if yo have to like Toronto did for Kessell

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
TheCH*

I know the Hawks need to shed salary, but Barker is on a cap friendly deal. He is not the one they are looking to shed, and if he was to go - its gonna cost ya!

Subban Sergei and Halak

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
+1 i want to know

fap fap fap fap lol

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I agree Montreal should do what they have to do to get Barker. Overpay if yo have to like Toronto did for Kessell
We should be able to get a D-Man from Chicago with our spares, that's the thing. Halak & A-Kos does seem to work, they're more desperate than we are... I'd still give it 2 weeks. Let them come back from Europe & suck getting time re-adjusted, maybe we can even get a better deal & get a big body also?

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Originalsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

Misa Campo I think?

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If that offer was on the table and Gainey didn't take it I'd demand his resignation!
Barker is a serious dman and would definately fit that role. Also, just imagine the line up once Markov comes back, sick!
Barker is due a contact next yr isnt he?and i Gainey should give up any more than Sergei and Halak ....Barker got potential ?yes but so does Sergei and Halak ....

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/11067384

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:00 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I'm betting Montreal would have to take on Sharps 3.9 mil salary and throw in a pick 1st rounder and B prospect like David Fisher at the very least

To Montreal

Sharp 3.9 mil - 3 more years
Barker 3.1 mil - 3 more years

To Chicago

Plekanec 2.75 mil - 1 year the UFA
S. Kostitsyn 816 000 - 1 year then RFA
Halak 775 00 - 1 year the RFA
Metropolit 1 mil - 1 year then UFA
1st rounder in 2010 and 2nd rounder in 2011
David Fisher

Chicago takes on about 6 mil in salary but after this year they dump Metropolit so really they take on 5 mil. It's a 2 mil cap savings to help sign Toews and Kane plus with Halak they can dump Huet to any team that will take him to free more cap space.

Montreal gets a bit tougher down the middle with Sharp and gets the D they need to replace Markov. Problem is Montreal still would need to free up more space for when Markov returns.

New lineup

Cammalleri Gomez Gionta
AK47 Sharp MaxPac or D'Agostini
Latendresse Lapierre Moen
Stewart Chipchura Laraque

Without Markov

Barker Hamrlik
O'Byrne Spacek
Mara Gorges
Gill

With MArkov OH WOW!

Barker Markov
Spacek Hamrlik
O'Byrne Gorges
Mara Gill
I don't see why in the world we'd do this? We could just keep what we have then.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I know the Hawks need to shed salary, but Barker is on a cap friendly deal. He is not the one they are looking to shed, and if he was to go - its gonna cost ya!

Subban Sergei and Halak
this super hero Barker ...how much is he worth so much ? the guy was benched for the last 2 seasons wasnt he ?

If Gainey gives up the farm to get this guy hopefully he gets fired .

Id like Barker , but Sergei and Halak is plenty for me

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote