HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

My Nashville Predators - ESPN 2k5 Online League

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
My Nashville Predators - ESPN 2k5 Online League

Hey there Preds fans.

Over the last, oh, 6 months or so, I've met up with some online hockey gamers between ESPN 2k4 & 2k5, and I joined their league (Old Time Hockey League). Lots of rules to make it seems more like simulation hockey, and all in all it is an excellent league run well and with a great deal of talent.

I was not able to pick my Canucks (I didn't draft that highly), I had planned to take the Predators but the guy before me picked 'em. So I took the Yotes but I eventually traded to get the Predators (just swapped teams with no player trades).

http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/...p?l=15104&t=16

That there is my Predators page. I'm 4 - 3, but I don't think that does me justice... I've taken some 'no fault losses' for other people not being around to play and I lost the coin toss.

However, here are the trades I've made: (Please note that any UFA's that were released by the team in real life that were NOT signed by other teams are still on my team)

Greg Johnson & Jason York -for- David Tanabe & Jeff Taffe

I then moved..

David Tanabe -for- Jochan Hecht

Lastly, a move I made this weekend:

Martin Erat & Shane Hnidy -for- Nicklas Boynton

Although some deals might seem like straight-ahead wins, the players real-life reputation matters far less than their online statistics. Boynton happens to be underrated a little bit in-game.

Overall, my lines have been:

Sullivan/Legwand/Hall
Johansson/Arkhipov/Walker (I still love Andreas)
Hecht/Taffe/Hartnell
Stevensen/Tootoo/Orszagh (Sadly, Upshall isn't on the online rosters, and since Zholtok died I'm not allowed to use him)

Timonen/Boynton
Hamhuis/Zidlicky
Lilja/Eaton (I love this defensive corps)

Vokoun
Mason

Overall I have only actually played 5 full games (two were not played). My top scorers have been:

David Legwand: 3 goals, 5 points, +5
Denis Arkhipov: 2 goals, 3 points, +2
Steve Sullivan: 2 goals, 3 points, +5
Adam Hall: 1 goal, 3 points, +4
Kimmo Timonen: 0 goals, 2 points, +2

Old
11-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Hmm...Erat and Hnidy for Boynton? Erat is well worth his weight in gold, Boynton really doesn't do anything better than Erat and/or Hnidy.

Old
11-07-2004, 02:57 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Hmm...Erat and Hnidy for Boynton? Erat is well worth his weight in gold, Boynton really doesn't do anything better than Erat and/or Hnidy.
Erat, or most any Pred for that matter, isn't exactly good in the ESPN 2k series. He's not bad, but not very highly thought of.

Old
11-07-2004, 03:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher

I'd have to disagree. Erat is worth more to us than his actual value dictates, and Hnidy would be a throw in. I'd hate to lose Erat, but if Boston offered that trade...I'd take it. He'd give us the true second pairing d-man that we lack to play with Hamhuis.

Old
11-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'd have to disagree. Erat is worth more to us than his actual value dictates, and Hnidy would be a throw in. I'd hate to lose Erat, but if Boston offered that trade...I'd take it. He'd give us the true second pairing d-man that we lack to play with Hamhuis.
I agree with NMK on this one. Boynton is simply the better player, and he would be wonderful with an already skilled Preds blueline...Hate to see Erat go, but we aren't exactly lacking in the winger department....especially when you are having contract disputes (? thats speculation but Erat and Hall were the only two not signed....)

JT, it says we need to login to see the page. Do you have a page that isn't linked to your administrative powers?

11-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Mizral

Bah, I forgot about that. Oh well, I'll keep you guys updated through here I guess. Unfortunatly there's no way to access that site without a password.

Old
11-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Mizral

Update:

Really strange game between myself and, in my opinion, the top player in this league. I beat him last game 2 - 1, this game was an EXTREMELY low-shooting afair, only 12 - 10 in shots the entire game. This is extremely rare, but when you've got two good defensive players, it can happen.

I won 1 - 0 in the first overtime. Andreas Johansson was in the middle of the ice at the point and was going for a slapper when he slap-passed to Timoneon on the left side of the ice. The entire Caps defense didn't seem to guess that one, and Timonen blasted a shot that Denis Akhipov was able to deflect into the net.

I'm 5 - 3 again. My schedule is still really tough for the next 6 weeks, but then I have a pretty easy ride for the second half of the year I think.

I might only lose about 5 - 7 games all year, so long as I keep playing every single one. Missing a game if it's not the fault of someone is chosen by a coin-toss.
All in all I didn't play a good game, and the low-scoring afair as of late will likely go away when I play some worse players

Last edited by Mizral: 11-08-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I wish we could have gotten you to operate our 'whatif?" sports team, lstcyr is getting us killed

Old
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
I wish we could have gotten you to operate our 'whatif?" sports team, lstcyr is getting us killed
Nice avatar. Next up, Jarome Iginla

Old
11-08-2004, 09:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Nice avatar. Next up, Jarome Iginla

Yes! I'd recommend tears, and a user title regarding Tootoo

Old
11-10-2004, 07:52 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Yes! I'd recommend tears, and a user title regarding Tootoo
I'm horrible at this kind of stuff. any chance one of you guys could make me an ape-themed oliwa avatar??? Or a nice tyler wright avatar?

Old
11-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Mizral

I won again with a 4 - 2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche (a talented player, too). My record is now 6-3. Denis Arkhipov & Scott Hartnell led the way with a goal and an assist for Arkhipov and 2 goals for Hartnell. Jochan Hecht and Nicklas Boynton also tallied assists for their first two points as Predators.

Top Scorers for the Preds (through 7 games.. two games were not played this season so far for me)

Denis Arkhipov: 4 goals, 6 points
David Legwand: 3 goals, 5 points
Kimmo Timonen: 0 goals, 4 points
Steve Sullivan: 2 goals, 3 points
Adam Hall: 1 goal, 3 points
Andreas Johansson: 1 goal, 3 points

Legwand leads the +/- department with a +6, Sullivan and Timonen with +5's come in second place. Jeff Taffe has a team-worst plus/minus of -2. Legwand has the most shots with 28 taken, and is also my best player on faceoffs winning 32 and losing 27. Scott Hartnell has the most penalty minutes with 8 (please note we turned off fighting in this league).

Vokoun has 5 wins and 2 losses and allowing 11 goals through that span for a 1.57 GAA. But with only 95 shots on goal, his Save % is only .896.

Overall, my best players have been:

#1 - David Legwand: All around my best player, having a wicked year and is putting up good numbers considering the first 14 weeks are against the best players.

#2 - Denis Arkhipov: My surprise scorer. Putting it together in a big-way. Scoring key goals too, no real blowout markers.

#3 - Tomas Vokoun: Had two games where he could have been better (one was a stinker in particular), but has been great otherwise.

I play again tommorrow against the Colorado Avalanche, then I go and face the Ranger. The guy who plays the Rangers is very, very good, but I feel confident I can pull it out just the same.

Old
11-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Pred303

jay..you're my new favorite virtual general manager...keep up the good work and there's a long term contract in it for you

Old
11-14-2004, 12:06 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
I won again with a 4 - 2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche (a talented player, too). My record is now 6-3. Denis Arkhipov & Scott Hartnell led the way with a goal and an assist for Arkhipov and 2 goals for Hartnell. Jochan Hecht and Nicklas Boynton also tallied assists for their first two points as Predators.

Top Scorers for the Preds (through 7 games.. two games were not played this season so far for me)

Denis Arkhipov: 4 goals, 6 points
David Legwand: 3 goals, 5 points
Kimmo Timonen: 0 goals, 4 points
Steve Sullivan: 2 goals, 3 points
Adam Hall: 1 goal, 3 points
Andreas Johansson: 1 goal, 3 points

Legwand leads the +/- department with a +6, Sullivan and Timonen with +5's come in second place. Jeff Taffe has a team-worst plus/minus of -2. Legwand has the most shots with 28 taken, and is also my best player on faceoffs winning 32 and losing 27. Scott Hartnell has the most penalty minutes with 8 (please note we turned off fighting in this league).

Vokoun has 5 wins and 2 losses and allowing 11 goals through that span for a 1.57 GAA. But with only 95 shots on goal, his Save % is only .896.

Overall, my best players have been:

#1 - David Legwand: All around my best player, having a wicked year and is putting up good numbers considering the first 14 weeks are against the best players.

#2 - Denis Arkhipov: My surprise scorer. Putting it together in a big-way. Scoring key goals too, no real blowout markers.

#3 - Tomas Vokoun: Had two games where he could have been better (one was a stinker in particular), but has been great otherwise.

I play again tommorrow against the Colorado Avalanche, then I go and face the Ranger. The guy who plays the Rangers is very, very good, but I feel confident I can pull it out just the same.

for some reason legwand always kicks arse on games. In one season I think I scored 90 goals with him! and vokoun is superb on this year's espn game.

Old
11-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Mizral

Yeah, Legwand is great. Vokoun is great online because he's a right glove, and that messes with people.

The league I'm in, you simply cannot score more than 4 or 5 goals regularly. I'd say even the best offensive players in this league will average at best 4 goals per game. This means that getting even 30 goals (34-game season) will be almost impossible.

Old
11-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Mizral

Last three games:

Win: Fault Win (other guy didn't show up) 0 - 0
Win: Predators 2 - Rangers 1 (Sullivan with both goals)
Loss: Rangers 3 - Predators 2 (Guy had horseshoes up his butt on this one... Walker and Orszagh with the goals)

I'll do more stats later.

Closed Thread