HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tension between Drury and Torts?

Old
10-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Listening to tonight's game, I'm more convinced than ever that the announcers read this site. Joe was very careful to tell viewers that Drury and the coach have been communicating and that all is well...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:53 AM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
Drury is no captain.
Actually he is and had a VERY strong game last night.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
Actually he is and had a VERY strong game last night.
Agreed, he looked really good last night. Grinding on the boards, going to the net, etc.

Let's face it, if he was a 40+ goal scorer everybody would talk about what a great captain he is. The naysayers simply refuse to look past his bad contract and want him to be something he's not. Im waiting for 10 more variations on something "not ruining my {insert bad attempt at being clever here}"

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:08 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Please. If you think Smith went out and made trades like Amonte for Noonan and Matteau on his own without orders from Keenan than you are out of your mind.

Also, that deal is more absurd than trading Leetch for Chelios.
I'm not disputing the absurdity of the deal, I'm disputing your contention that Keenan ordered anything.

Keenen started looking elsewhere for work cause he know he did not have the stroke needed in the Org. to go out and make certain trades, such as the Leetch for Chelios deal, or the signing of Potvin.

Coaches do not order their GM's around, to even think that is plain silly.

Coaches and GM's discuss direction and types of players, the Coach can say I want thi player, but order the GM to go and get him? Please....

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:37 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm not disputing the absurdity of the deal, I'm disputing your contention that Keenan ordered anything.

Keenen started looking elsewhere for work cause he know he did not have the stroke needed in the Org. to go out and make certain trades, such as the Leetch for Chelios deal, or the signing of Potvin.

Coaches do not order their GM's around, to even think that is plain silly.

Coaches and GM's discuss direction and types of players, the Coach can say I want thi player, but order the GM to go and get him? Please....
please read the earlier mentioned book. Keenan WAS demanding these deals be made. he demanded that guys like patrick and gartner be shipped out. Not that Smith always bowed to his demands (see: Leetch) but Keenan was that type of coach. Big power struggles bw those 2, often going above eac other's head to MSG management.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I called Drury scoring 30+ this season, hoping im right here.

And if there's tension so what? Torts im sure had tension with a lot of his stanley cup winning team in tampa.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote