HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sum of all fears: Markov out 4 months with lacerated tendon in left ankle

Old
10-03-2009, 01:25 AM
CPrice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
He blocked the tape with his face The shows character and toughness.
Haha yea, he gets hit in the face with tape and isn't phased at all. Just keeps on talking like nothings happening.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Haha yea, he gets hit in the face with tape and isn't phased at all. Just keeps on talking like nothings happening.
Hahaha, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that on sportscentre.

Price doesn't budge. Afterwards he's probably going "Hey, come on, I was talking about Markov, that's serious ****".

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:48 AM
panorama01*

It's a good thing that they signed Spacek, isn't it... they at least envisaged this possibility.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:52 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Hahaha, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that on sportscentre.

Price doesn't budge. Afterwards he's probably going "Hey, come on, I was talking about Markov, that's serious ****".
I was thinking someone threw the tape at him for injuring Markov

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I was thinking someone threw the tape at him for injuring Markov
Yeah, maybe.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
You're right about Beauchemin. The Beauchemin we saw against the Leafs was far inferior to the idealized Beauchemin some fans on this forum touted during the period of his free agency.
amen to that.

Spacek is the insurance policy we have not had. With the depth and a healthy Hamrlik we can weather this storm. This might even be a good thing for us in the long run. Carle/Weber/Subban are at home saying to themselves, I better get a good start so that I can be the guy called up. One of them will get a call up in the next week me thinks. After a couple games for Hamilton maybe the guy will stand out. My money is on Weber, but I feel that Carle should get the 1st chance as this is the last chance season to make the Habs. He will be gone next summer if he doesn't make the team. Hope he is up to it for his sake.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 02:00 AM
CPrice

I admittedly don't know much about Carle. Anyone care to enlighten me? I missed out on the preseason games and haven't had a chance to see him play.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
And yet, it's probably true. Heck, just look at the pudding. The Devils have shown they can do fine without Brodeur. The Habs minus Markov? Not so much.
This.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

The thing that worries me more is how Markov will play when he gets back. It's a serious injury that won't affect him mentally like a concussion might have, but it could affect his speed and skating.

Will he be the same player we know and love when he comes back? I hope so!

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:27 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
The thing that worries me more is how Markov will play when he gets back. It's a serious injury that won't affect him mentally like a concussion might have, but it could affect his speed and skating.

Will he be the same player we know and love when he comes back? I hope so!
At least it wasnt his wrist or something.. he will still be the same ol' Markov im sure.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
I admittedly don't know much about Carle. Anyone care to enlighten me? I missed out on the preseason games and haven't had a chance to see him play.
Carle is close to make the NHL. He was ar least as good as Weber during the camp. He is more reliable defensively than Weber. He's a good skater and has a pretty good shot. He,s about 6'1 - 200 pounds.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
I didn't see him much in the pre-season so I can't tell you how he looks this year but when he has been healthy I've seen him in Hamilton the past two years.

His skating is good although not explosive. He can do what he needs to do out there and it doesn't hold back his game at all.

Physical play is an issue, at times. Sometimes he will be on his game and will look to initiate contact in his own zone. He can still get overpowered but when he wants to, he can make it an effective part of his game. Sadly, it isn't always shown. It's not a major strength to his game but something he is capable of and he needs to work on showing it consistently.

One of his better traits in the AHL has been his puck carrying. He is able to carry the puck up ice effectively, from his own zone to the opposing teams zone, although more frequently he will only go to the edge of his own zone before passing it and letting the forwards move it up ice. But he is capable of doing the job on his own at times.

His passing is a big part of the game too but it gets held back by his decision making. His passing up ice and once established in the offensive zone can be excellent, crisp, smooth passes to teammates sticks. Sadly, there are often times when he makes the type of pass, especially in his own zone that would make Patrice Brisebois think "boy, even I saw the danger in that one". It is something he needs to focus on improving as it has been an issue in both seasons with the Dogs.

He has a good shot too but it isn't on the same level as those possessed by Weber and Subban. It is however, good enough for him to score a few from the point with.

Generally speaking, the main things he could do with working on are getting a bit stronger, finding his confidence to initiate contact more often and making better decisions with the puck in his own end. He can make some good plays in his own zone but needs to show he can do so consistently while cutting down on the bad choices he sometimes makes with the puck.

The crucial thing for him this year is that he hasn't gotten injured in the pre-season for once so he can begin a season at the same time everyone else does and build on that. Hopefully he has a good year in Hamilton because there is definate competition for him from Weber, Subban and Benoit. He has shown in the past he can get stuck into the action though so we will see just how much he steps up to the challenge.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Inked87

vCash: 665
anybody else think we need that hitler video to be redone for today's times? Markov out, Sergei's soap opera, Gill's slowness (haha)....

I vote yes.

Inked87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 12:42 PM
PunkinDrublic*

You know i think that if JM had started Halak this would have never happened.
Halak doesn't flail his skates around like that, and no way are they as sharp as Price's

Price

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 12:44 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post

We can pull through this
Make that

Again I kid