HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2009-10 Manchester Monarchs Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
My thinking is that with so much depth in Manchester, management decided it would benefit those to be sent to Ontario to get top six ice time. It will be better for their development to keep playing rather than seeing limited ice time or sitting out games in a rotation. Manchester does have way too many bodies. After 09-10, I figure we'll be seeing some bodies departing to make room for some fresh faces.

Frolov, O'Donnell and Ivanans will be unrestricted. Who knows who stays, who goes and who moves up to take their spot. Of those on the current roster, Quick, Purcell, Drewiske, Richardson, Lewis and Clune will all be RFAs.

Of those on Manchester, Parse, Gauthier, Elkins, Cliche, Bagnall and Piskula will be restricted. I imagine most of those names will not be tendered a qualifying offer. By then, King, Pelech, Nolan, etc. should graduate to Manchester. Westgarth could by then take over the enforcer role from Ivanans.

Moller will likely be back with the Kings as well and Bernier has a good shot at cracking the roster by next season. It is going to be fun monitoring the progression of Hickey, Voynov and Loktionov, as they could be in Kings uniforms in the very near future.

Old
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

... if only they could find a new home for Zeiler.
Montreal? For SKost?

Old
10-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Pucknut50

I am going to sign up for the AHL Team package where I can see all 80 games Manchester plays. $200.00 - I am checking if this includes being able to watch the games when I want and not just live. They do have an option for $400.00 to be able to watch every AHL game including all archives. Since all the Kings games will be in HD this year I gave up my season tickets $10,000 so $400.00 is nothing.

Old
10-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I am going to sign up for the AHL Team package where I can see all 80 games Manchester plays. $200.00 - I am checking if this includes being able to watch the games when I want and not just live. They do have an option for $400.00 to be able to watch every AHL game including all archives. Since all the Kings games will be in HD this year I gave up my season tickets $10,000 so $400.00 is nothing.
Using AHL Live? i thought it was only $149.99 for the entire season? What are you pying $400 for?

Old
10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Using AHL Live? i thought it was only $149.99 for the entire season? What are you pying $400 for?
Cutty,

Your right they have a $50.00 off special if you sign up before Oct 18th. The $400.00 price is to be able to watch every AHL team or $350.00 before the 18th. Have you seen any games thru AHL live any good?

Old
10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Cutty,

Your right they have a $50.00 off special if you sign up before Oct 18th. The $400.00 price is to be able to watch every AHL team or $350.00 before the 18th. Have you seen any games thru AHL live any good?
HAH, I was just about to ask you the same question. . I guess the price that I saw was just to watch all the Monarchs games. . I really want to see Hickey, Voynov & Lokti this season but I'm a little nervous regarding the feeds. . I doubt they'll be HD. . but to answer your question; No, I have not seen any of the games. . .

Old
10-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
HAH, I was just about to ask you the same question. . I guess the price that I saw was just to watch all the Monarchs games. . I really want to see Hickey, Voynov & Lokti this season but I'm a little nervous regarding the feeds. . I doubt they'll be HD. . but to answer your question; No, I have not seen any of the games. . .
Well my business is off 70% so gave up my Kings season tickets as well as Angels, and Laker season tickets last year. My employees are sad but happy I have not had to lay anyone off. I'll have alot more time on my hands so I am going to sign up and watch some AHL hockey as well. My travels to Australia, Amsterdam, China, Japan, and Taiwan are much less also. If the economy doesn't pick up I may have to retire early and drive my wife and kids crazy.

Old
10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Johnny Utah

Nolan is 20, I don't think he can go back to Juniors....

I was looking forward to hearing about King...bummer.

Old
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I believe he can still play in the OHL as an overager.

Old
10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Nolan is 20, I don't think he can go back to Juniors....

I was looking forward to hearing about King...bummer.
Nolan can play his overage year in juniors, but Lombardi would want him to sign a one year deal with Ontario/Manchester and play in Ontario/Manchester this year. The only 2 guys that have played their overage years in juniors in the Lombardi era, Ryan and Fast, are out of the organization.

Last edited by Sam: 10-02-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old
10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Nolan can play his overage year in juniors, but Lombardi would want him to sign a one year deal with Manchester and play in Manchester and/or Ontario this year. The only 2 guys that have played their overage years in juniors in the Lombardi era, Ryan and Fast, are out of the organization.
Neither of Ryan or Fast were drafted at age 20.

Old
10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Johnny Utah

So does Nolan go to the ECHL camp? What are his options now?

Old
10-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Jordan Nolan is not listed on the Reign camp roster, http://www.insidesocal.com/sb/hoorns...egins_tod.html

This article written 6 days ago states that Nolan could return to play for the Soo Greyhounds, http://saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1771085

Old
10-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Jordan Nolan is not listed on the Reign camp roster, http://www.insidesocal.com/sb/hoorns...egins_tod.html

This article written 6 days ago states that Nolan could return to play for the Soo Greyhounds, http://saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1771085
They should rename that team the Sulu Greyhounds

Old
10-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Neither of Ryan or Fast were drafted at age 20.
And? You don't draft a guy, even a seventh round pick, so he can play in juniors as an overager. Nolan may end up playing in juniors this year but that's not where you're thinking a guy will play when you draft him, especially when he would be sitting several more games because of his suspension.

Old
10-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Well my business is off 70% so gave up my Kings season tickets as well as Angels, and Laker season tickets last year. My employees are sad but happy I have not had to lay anyone off. I'll have alot more time on my hands so I am going to sign up and watch some AHL hockey as well. My travels to Australia, Amsterdam, China, Japan, and Taiwan are much less also. If the economy doesn't pick up I may have to retire early and drive my wife and kids crazy.
Give me some feedback on how good the quality of the feed is. . I'm still interested in purchasing it. .

Old
10-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
And? You don't draft a guy, even a seventh round pick, so he can play in juniors as an overager. Nolan may end up playing in juniors this year but that's not where you're thinking a guy will play when you draft him, especially when he would be sitting several more games because of his suspension.
How long is his suspension? Would it matter anyway, I thought the NHL, AHL and ECHL all honoured CHL suspensions anyway. I have a feeling this is the new NHL. My hometown Saskatoon Blades had three 20 year olds returned from NHL camps. I realize Nolan hasn't signed a contract with the Kings, but doesn't each year he play in a pro league count against the amount of years he can sign an ELC for? This way, the Kings save a year of ELC for him and thus can sign him for longer cheaply.

I'm kind of surprised that the Kings allowed Kolomatis to be signed to a PTO though. That means he may end up back in junior this season too right? Then again, this might simply be a way to get around some sort of limit on Monarchs contracts since they signed Pelech and Walker to Monarchs deals.

Old
10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
How long is his suspension? Would it matter anyway, I thought the NHL, AHL and ECHL all honoured CHL suspensions anyway. I have a feeling this is the new NHL. My hometown Saskatoon Blades had three 20 year olds returned from NHL camps. I realize Nolan hasn't signed a contract with the Kings, but doesn't each year he play in a pro league count against the amount of years he can sign an ELC for? This way, the Kings save a year of ELC for him and thus can sign him for longer cheaply.

I'm kind of surprised that the Kings allowed Kolomatis to be signed to a PTO though. That means he may end up back in junior this season too right? Then again, this might simply be a way to get around some sort of limit on Monarchs contracts since they signed Pelech and Walker to Monarchs deals.
He's suspended for 20 games or something like that.

Old
10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
As per one of the links Ziggy Stardust provided,
Quote:
However, before he could return to the Greyhounds lineup, Nolan must serve the remaining 17 games of a 20-game suspension the league imposed on him a season ago.
Not sure about if and/or to what extent CHL suspensions are honored in the pro leagues. Not the same thing but Downie was suspended for 20 games by the NHL prior to the 2007-08 season and he ended up having to serve 10 AHL regular season games before he was able to play in the AHL.

If Nolan signed a pro deal this season and earned an ELC starting the following season, then his entry level contract wouldn't be over until after the 2012-13 season.

Old
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Fat Elvis

Loktionov with 2 goals in the 1st period, not too shabby for game #1.

Old
10-03-2009, 06:51 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Loktionov with 2 goals in the 1st period, not too shabby for game #1.
and 1 assist...

Old
10-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
and 1 assist...

Has the hat trick 3+1

Piskula with his 1st professional goal.
Mullin and Elkins with their first points both assists.

Old
10-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Impressive night for Westgarth. Picked up 2 assists, a fight and finished the night with a +3.

Old
10-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Monarchs lines from tonight:

Moller-Loktionov-Parse
Holloway-Azevedo-Segal
Gauthier-Meckler-Cliche
Zeiler-Elkins-Westgarth

Hickey-Voynov
Kolomatis-Mullen
Piskula-Bagnall

Bernier

Old
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
faceoffking

a very solid opener for the 'narchs...hopefully this continues and they have a great and long season.

Closed Thread