HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What if Lisin surprises?

Old
09-26-2009, 04:12 PM
D713B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I have a feeling Higgins is going to have a great year... and then we're going to lose him as an UFA over the summer.
You and me both. With our cap situation I've actually already prepared myself to see Chris walk after this season so I'm not disappointed come next July.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

wow....this thread fell WAY down the food chain.

Just wanted to say, for the first time all year, ive actually been happy with the way Lisin played. His play away from the puck was much better than it has been....i smell the influence of Torts.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:42 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
wow....this thread fell WAY down the food chain.

Just wanted to say, for the first time all year, ive actually been happy with the way Lisin played. His play away from the puck was much better than it has been....i smell the influence of Torts.
He also got credited with 10 shots (5 SOG, 5 missed/blocked). With 16 mins ice time. That's impressive.

This team has potential.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:44 PM
OverTheCap

Lisin played well, nice pass to Dubinsky to spring him on the breakaway.

Still not much of a fan of the Lisin-Anisimov-Kotalik line, though. I have a feeling things may be shaken up a bit once Avery returns.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I think Lisin still has a lot to learn. Fundamentally. A month or two in Hartford, just to get him schooled a bit since he looks kind of lost without the puck.

The second the puck is on his stick though, he's a totally different player. He moves well, and you can sense some playmaking ability's too.

I'm not completely sold on the Korpikoski trade yet. The potential is certainly there, but he really needs to round out his game. I don't think he understands defensive zone coverage that's acceptable for an NHL player.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I think Lisin still has a lot to learn. Fundamentally. A month or two in Hartford, just to get him schooled a bit since he looks kind of lost without the puck.

The second the puck is on his stick though, he's a totally different player. He moves well, and you can sense some playmaking ability's too.

I'm not completely sold on the Korpikoski trade yet. The potential is certainly there, but he really needs to round out his game. I don't think he understands defensive zone coverage that's acceptable for an NHL player.
I think this point is overrated - he's definitely still THINKING about it, and he needs to be able to do it instinctively, but he's clearly working at it and not nearly as bad as some claim.

Besides, he can't go down to HFD since he'd have to clear waivers.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

Put it this way IMO he's twice the player of Korpikoski.

I like that Lisin gets the puck and heads to the net. He has speed and his defensive game needs improvement (like a few other NYRs). But, he's going to get goals and set up plenty too if he keeps playing the way he's played through 2 games

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote