HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stealing 2 points 101...Gionta is awesome

Old
10-04-2009, 12:34 AM
OneCupTwoFour

vCash: 500
Take the two points and run! Can't add much to what's already been said.

Two things:
- Price looks much more confident. It shows especially when he's playing the puck.
- Gionta! Nuff said. This guy almost makes me forget Koivu. (almost). He's gonna be a favorite, and my vote for captain.

GO HABS GO!!!

“One-goal games are easy to hide behind. One-goal games are two goals away from winning, and that's a lot in the NHL.” - Bob Gainey.

OneCupTwoFour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
you can argue that the refs always allow that. But even the way you describe it, that's incidental contact which means the play is dead and you faceoff at centre ice.

Its probably the most underused rule in the book.
Moen didn't initiate the contact. His legs were taken out from under him. Referee would have no business declaring interference on that play.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Moen didn't initiate the contact. His legs were taken out from under him. Referee would have no business declaring interference on that play.
I didn't see him getting tripped, he was pushed at best.
Its a tough call, did the puck go in because of Moen going in? Or was the puck still following its path?
Watching the video on RDS, it's hard to really determine it. Bogus or not, a goals a goal. We can also argue the penalty given to Metropolit that caused Sabres first goal, that call was very limit too.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I didn't see him getting tripped, he was pushed at best.
Its a tough call, did the puck go in because of Moen going in? Or was the puck still following its path?
Watching the video on RDS, it's hard to really determine it. Bogus or not, a goals a goal. We can also argue the penalty given to Metropolit that caused Sabres first goal, that call was very limit too.
yes, it looked like he got tripped in real time, but the replay showed that he simply lost his balance

again, it was a SHG and the only reason was because roy took a dive to get gionta called.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
yes, it looked like he got tripped in real time, but the replay showed that he simply lost his balance

again, it was a SHG and the only reason was because roy took a dive to get gionta called.
I'm just saying that in the heat of the moment calls aren't always good or bad. Maybe the goal Moen did should have been refused, but we can go very far with all these "what if" and blablabla seeing how the last two games went.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Oh come on guys. Are you kidding me? That goal was good.
And I was completely conflicted before the replays too.
When he went down due to the pressure of the D, his leg hit the puck right under Miller's legs.
Had an invisible wall prevented him to actually hit Miller, that still was a goal. Miller was dragged along with the puck that was already behind him.
If he didn't have anybody on his back to help him fall, I'd understand refusing the goal but unintentional contact is legal and the puck was in the net. It's no different than say... Moen falling face first and pushing the puck with his stick then pushing the goalie into the net. He never interfered with the goalie because that was getting in no matter what Miller did.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Ginu

This team is going to continue to respond without Markov. It's a different team, different core, and different style. I think the most important reason is that Markov was always able to create plays and scoring chances for players who normally always played on the perimeter. Without Markov's playmaking, it was difficult for us to score as we rarely crashed the net. Not only is our mental makeup different now, we have players that play with grit and park themselves right in front of the net. With the depth of our defense, we'll be far more equipped to deal with his loss.

Great game tonight. We still need to work on cutting down these shot counts but the guys are still new to each other and learning a new system. It was HUGE for us to win the first game without having Markov. HUGE!

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:42 AM
gionta182

Send a message via AIM to gionta182 Send a message via Yahoo to gionta182
It's great to see Gionta off to a hot start. I know a lot of Devils fans are pulling for him to do well. Enjoy, Montreal.

gionta182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Nah, his back skate and one of the skates of the defenseman of Buffalo hit which caused Moen and the defenseman to lose their balance and fall. Momentum carried him forward and well, we all know the rest.

The most underused rule is the pulling back of the puck in shootouts.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:32 AM
OneSharpMarble

Shame Koivu never had a Gionta to play with, instead he got pluggers. Nice to see the habbies pull another one out of the fire but I have no misconceptions, when they play a playoff bound team they are going to pay for their many many mistakes.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:09 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

no man, ur all wrong u rly should watch the goal a couple more times

the goal was called for more then just becasue it crossed the line before the net was off

the puck was LOOSE behind miller
and miller HIMSELF knocked it into the net with his pads as he was backing up BEFORE moen even touched him...the ref was RIGHT there, and so he said goal, and it was the right call

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
HomaridII

Mike Boone About Last Night

We'll have to wait on medical reports on Ryan O'Byrne's ankle, Glen Metropolit's neck and the delicate surgery to extract Andrei Kostitsyn's head from his ass.

http://habsinsideout.com/boone/22033

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:38 AM
ChickenHabsFan

Great to steal a game...I just hope those 2 points we gave to the leafs and sabres dont bite at us back at the end of the season

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:42 AM
CanadienErrant*

Did anyone of you watch the Edmonton-Calgary game yesterday nite ?

I don't see how the Habs can compete with the Flames. There not even in the same league.

Only Price can save their ass from a hard beating.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
I watched the flames' game as well. Although they do look superior (and probably are at the moment), I am not that concerned. The playing style is not the same (just look at the Ds) and the chemistry is definitly not at the same level. Maybe we'll take a beating for THIS match, but when both team will be at the same chemistry level you will see a very nice puck possession, puck cycling and highlights ala Gionta! ^^ Like you said, let's hope for Carey's godmode next game!

Plus, the good thing about this year's team: playing with heart and grit against intimidating teams. Just by the way they played first two games makes me believe we'll have a good ol' hockey show!

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:59 AM
CHCl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenHabsFan View Post
Great to steal a game...I just hope those 2 points we gave to the leafs and sabres dont bite at us back at the end of the season
Considering the flow of play in those games, it's more like : Leafs and Sabres fans should hope the point they lost to the Habs –a divisional rival– won't bite back at them at the end of the season.

As for now, the Habs need 1 point from 3 games to achieve a .500 road trip, which is perfectly fine by me for a team :
- whose players still getting used to each other
- who is missing its MVP (and played more than half a game with 2 players less).

By the way, although silent on the scoresheet, Cammalleri was 63% in faceoffs last night, which has to be commended. This enabled him to relieve Gomez, who struggled hard on faceoffs (he won only 27% of them) and replace Metropolit for a few shifts.

CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

Gomez in the post game interview brought up a good point - both games have been our oppositions home openers. They are bound to be up for those games, and it helps explain the shot differential. They are fired up at home - the crowd is fired up, and the Habs have to survive that initial onslaught.

They need work, but at least they all recognize that. I think things will improve nicely - if the frigging injury bug goes away!

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterIgnis View Post
By the way, although silent on the scoresheet, Cammalleri was 63% in faceoffs last night, which has to be commended. This enabled him to relieve Gomez, who struggled hard on faceoffs (he won only 27% of them) and replace Metropolit for a few shifts.
He was even taking faceoffs with Lapierre on the ice a couple of times. That is a good point you bring up.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Did anyone of you watch the Edmonton-Calgary game yesterday nite ?

I don't see how the Habs can compete with the Flames. There not even in the same league.

Only Price can save their ass from a hard beating.
We get 2 practices until that game.

Moreover, I doubt we play all games with 5 D. It's a lot harder. Looking at the game, there was a very distinct effort by the O to help the D as much as they could, so they don't get too tired. That caused a huge 1 shot effort in the 3rd.

If we stop losing players, it should be fine.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:04 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
We get 2 practices until that game.

Moreover, I doubt we play all games with 5 D.

Right ! But...

We don't have any of our d-men superior to Bouw, Phaneuf or Regehr. Most of their wingers are big and fast. Kiprusoff is still a top-five goalie in this league.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:22 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Mike Boone About Last Night

We'll have to wait on medical reports on Ryan O'Byrne's ankle, Glen Metropolit's neck and the delicate surgery to extract Andrei Kostitsyn's head from his ass.

http://habsinsideout.com/boone/22033
Good one...

He's really floating around, maybe he needs a second knock out hit to wake him up from his coma.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:47 AM
TheCH*

Yeah i don't think Moen's goal should have been allowed, but i'll sure as hell take it. I know what goes around comes around and we'll be the victim of many questionable calls this season so in the end it should balance itself out.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Right ! But...

We don't have any of our d-men superior to Bouw, Phaneuf or Regehr. Most of their wingers are big and fast. Kiprusoff is still a top-five goalie in this league.
Kipper in the top 5? He's good, but I think hes on the bubble for top 10 the way hes played last year, although I haven't watched the games this year.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Habs 1909

Not looking forward to Tuesday with the way we're playing..

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
PunkinDrublic*

We won two games " the sky is falling, the sky is falling"

OMG Calagary is better than us...Oh No what are we going to do.

OMG we can't win. OMG we suck.

This is all i read here. You all work for L'Antichambre by any chance ?

Everything is negative in here.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote