HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Updates on O'Byrne and Metropolit's injuries

Old
10-04-2009, 12:01 AM
gusfring

vCash: 500
The guy I want Gainey to call is Dominic Moore. Our 2nd line is a non factor right now.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
The guy I want Gainey to call is Dominic Moore. Our 2nd line is a non factor right now.
We don't need more small forwards in the top 6, and Moore isn't top six anyway.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
BJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
seriously how badly has this franchise pissed off the hockey gods? we seriously cant catch a bloody break man! this is unreal.
Two words: Saku Koivu

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:08 AM
BJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Our 2nd line is a non factor right now.
See above.

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:48 AM
tigerman111

i concur:

saku

tigerman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:18 AM
sakiaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
Don't get me wrong, I miss Saku. But our problem isn't centers, it's wingers - Plekanec often looked like he was alone out there between a guy who clearly should still be in the AHL, and another who would be more comfortable back on his home planet.

sakiaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:19 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
Don't get me wrong, I miss Saku. But our problem isn't centers, it's wingers - Plekanec often looked like he was alone out there between a guy who clearly should still be in the AHL, and another who would be more comfortable back on his home planet.
Right on !

We have only 4 guys on our top two lines that are doing their job. A.K. MUST wake up or else ! Pac is an AHL player. I would better like D'Agostini up there with Pleks. Or Gainey can try to make a trade to land a real NHL top-two lines winger like Frolov. Too bad Gainey did not hold back Kovy or Tanguay !!! Or even Lang....

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:19 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

from mike boone twitter

O'Byrne: sprained knee, did not make trip. Metropolit: rib injury, to be reevaluated in Calgary

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:26 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
We could trade the Kost's for a winger upgrade Would a package of the bros be enough to land us say Perron or Backes? Andrei is on par with those two in terms on point output, they just seem to bring more to the table. Those hands Perron has...

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:33 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
We could trade the Kost's for a winger upgrade Would a package of the bros be enough to land us say Perron or Backes? Andrei is on par with those two in terms on point output, they just seem to bring more to the table. Those hands Perron has...
First: ST-Louis is gonna have a great season with all the talent and youth they have, and there is no way in hell they gonna trade any of their great assets.

As for Perron, ask Timmins why he did not drafted him. He's gonna have a better carreer than Pac, but his attitude was the problem, back then.

Attitude's problem can be solved. But talent is something you have or not ! maybe Timmins and gainey thought that Perron would not be the best fit in a Montreal environmenent.

Old
10-04-2009, 08:33 AM
ChickenHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKanada View Post
NEVER kid about that!!!!!!I had to unbutton my shirt to pee for 3 days.
your avatar is gold haha!

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:41 AM
sakiaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I wouldn't do it if I were St. Louis... It would take a minor miracle to get a good top 6 winger l back for the Kostitsyns in a trade at the moment. The two of them are so frustrating to watch... all that talent, but you wonder where their heads are. Frankly, I don't know what to do at the moment. If the Habs are to trade the Kostitsyns for something useful (and, to be honest, I wouldn't give up on them just yet), it would almost have to be later in the year to a non-contender for an aging top-6 winger who is about to become a UFA. Of course, this assumes that the Habs are still contending, themselves...

Maybe give D'Agostini, who at best can be a 'Ryder-lite'-type offensive winger, a shot beside Plekanec? Pacioretty should be a good power forward eventually, but needs more seasoning. It's a pity that we can't get Alexander Perezhoghin back... he wasn't great when he was in Montreal, but he seems to have improved since leaving, at least enough to warrant giving him another shot.

sakiaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:46 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
I wouldn't do it if I were St. Louis... It would take a minor miracle to get a good top 6 winger l back for the Kostitsyns in a trade at the moment. The two of them are so frustrating to watch... all that talent, but you wonder where their heads are. Frankly, I don't know what to do at the moment. If the Habs are to trade the Kostitsyns for something useful (and, to be honest, I wouldn't give up on them just yet), it would almost have to be later in the year to a non-contender for an aging top-6 winger who is about to become a UFA. Of course, this assumes that the Habs are still contending, themselves...

Maybe give D'Agostini, who at best can be a 'Ryder-lite'-type offensive winger, a shot beside Plekanec? Pacioretty should be a good power forward eventually, but needs more seasoning. It's a pity that we can't get Alexander Perezhoghin back... he wasn't great when he was in Montreal, but he seems to have improved since leaving, at least enough to warrant giving him another shot.
The Kost Bros will sign with a KHL team sooner or later. If Gainey can find a GM who wants to give him anything for the pair, he should grab it a.s.a.p.

Old
10-04-2009, 09:23 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
dont make anything of it, but i heard that... OB broke something :/
http://ruefrontenac.com/sports/canad...-obyrne-blesse

says he is out for 6 weeks with a sprained ankle

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Captain Saku

this is ridiculous... 6 weeks for O'Byrne.

A trade is imminent at this point.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:27 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

Let me take a long shot at this. I think Dags could benefit from playing with experienced playmaking guys like Gionta and Gomez. They also know how to play defence and this will help Dags.

Metropolit right NOW (assuming his day-to-day injury status is given the green light) is our 5th best offensive player, and could be tried on the top two scoring lines. Pacioretty, if judged not ready for prime time yet, could be returned to Hamilton. Pyatt, once his own day-to-day status is cleared, could return to play a DEFENSIVE role. Laraque could play on the forecheck/cycle-down-low third line. He has some puck protection skills and wins his share of battles along the boards. If JM sees that this is too many minutes for him, an occasional double shift for Gionta or Cammalleri would be fine.

Andrei gets to sit in the press box for a game or two to acquire more hunger.

D'Agostini-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Metropolit
Latendresse-Lapierre-Laraque
Stewart/Chipchura-Pyatt-Moen
....A.Kostitsyn, Chipchura/Stewart

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:31 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
this is ridiculous... 6 weeks for O'Byrne.

A trade is imminent at this point.
How does the loss of O'Byrne, who was really our 7th D, mean a trade is imminent?? Maybe, if we lost another of our top 4 for half the season, that would be more realistic. While they bring a whole different game to the table, Weber can fill in at O'Byrne's spot no problem.

If there is REALLY a need to go outside the organization to cover O'Byrne, there are still unsigned UFAs out there that wouldn't cost any assets.

JohnnyB11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:37 AM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
How does the loss of O'Byrne, who was really our 7th D, mean a trade is imminent?? Maybe, if we lost another of our top 4 for half the season, that would be more realistic. While they bring a whole different game to the table, Weber can fill in at O'Byrne's spot no problem.

If there is REALLY a need to go outside the organization to cover O'Byrne, there are still unsigned UFAs out there that wouldn't cost any assets.
Obyrne was more than our 7th D after the training camp he had....

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:39 AM
coolasprICE

The one upside to all these injuries is that we get to see prospects in action!

We're going out west for some great hockey, it should be fun to see how we deal with this as a team under JM regime. I believe in JM!

Weber, Carle + Maxwell (if Metro is out).

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
How can you even say that when Koivu himself was victim of this bad luck that some are talking about more than anyone else injury wise? It's not like this is just a new problem with injuries. It's been going on for like 15 years.

Just look at last year, the unreal bad luck between the 1998-99-2001-02 seasons when we saw several near death injuries/sicknesses (Koivu, Audette, McLeary, Savage, etc) and record man-games-lost to injury totals, Koivu's ACL injury in 1996, etc.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
Obyrne was more than our 7th D after the training camp he had....
So what exactly was he? Markov, Spacek, Hamrlik, Mara, Gorges, Gill, O'Byrne, Weber,... where do you place him? Do you think he would have been in the lineup opening night if Hamrlik was good to go? Who we he have replaced??

JohnnyB11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Talent Analyst

Is D'ago has to pass tough waiver? If no, I would call up Sergei, Weber and Subban.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:49 AM
ChickenHabsFan

Lets call baby Sergei

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
felixd

Can either Maxwell or Plekanec play the wing? Since it looks like we're lacking talent in the top 6 at the wings, might not be a bad idea to try out Maxwell at the wing...We've seen his vision and talent, it might make the transition easier if he plays a position with less responsibilities.

Just an idea, don't flip out.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
NHLcrazy

As Bob Barker would say: " Yannick Weber come oooooon doooooown!!"

(or up in this case!)

I would sent down Chipchura for conditioning and bring up Maxwell and Weber.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote