HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Mikhail Stefanovich sent back to Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)

Old
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 506
Mikhail Stefanovich sent back to Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)

As per the Toronto Marlies website.

http://www.torontomarlies.com/news/n...?story_id=1151

This may be the best thing for all parties concerned - he shows obvious flash and talent, but he really picks and chooses when he decides to show up. He definately has to learn to work more, and can't just disappear for shifts and games at a time.

Thoughts?

OfWolfAndMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Was hoping he would make the Marlies but I think they have the top six shaping up at least like this:

Hanson - Bozak - Tlusty
*** - Brent - Hamilton

Not to mention Dale Mitchell (IIRC) had a pretty good preseason so he may be slotted into the top six. They also have Andre Deveaux who had a great year for the Marlies. Robert Slaney is also a big, physical winger who can score. There is also Darryl Boyce and Alex Foster returning (though I think they'll be on the third line).

Looks like he was just a victim of the numbers game with the Marlies. Going back to juniors isn't a terrible thing but I was hoping he'd stick with the Marlies.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:41 AM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Was hoping he would make the Marlies but I think they have the top six shaping up at least like this:

Hanson - Bozak - Tlusty
*** - Brent - Hamilton

Not to mention Dale Mitchell (IIRC) had a pretty good preseason so he may be slotted into the top six. They also have Andre Deveaux who had a great year for the Marlies. Robert Slaney is also a big, physical winger who can score. There is also Darryl Boyce and Alex Foster returning (though I think they'll be on the third line).

Looks like he was just a victim of the numbers game with the Marlies. Going back to juniors isn't a terrible thing but I was hoping he'd stick with the Marlies.
I don;t think it's a numbers thing at all. Stefanovich doesn't have the drive to be there. He would have been eaten alive in the A.

He's got another year of junior to get his head straight.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:43 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoamHemsky View Post
I don;t think it's a numbers thing at all. Stefanovich doesn't have the drive to be there. He would have been eaten alive in the A.

He's got another year of junior to get his head straight.
Well, maybe 'just' a numbers thing wasn't the right word to use because I do agree with you.

He needs to find some consistency in his game to be successful.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote