HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stealing 2 points 101...Gionta is awesome

Old
10-04-2009, 11:54 AM
guapo23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Idiots on l'Antichambre thinking again that they would be better GMs than Gainey.

I should stop watching that, I want to shoot myself in the head everytime.
L'Antichambre, 110% and all those idiotic shows do a great disservice to Habs fans.
Think of how many casual fans get their opinions based on those drunk idiots constantly shouting & interrupting each other?
It's the hockey version of The Jerry Springer Show !

I don't understand why they don;t teach those fools Debating Etiquette 101 - or hire a moderator who will take control. The panel has some ex-coaches with experience. Too bad they are senile / alcoholic / delusional / bitter...

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
L'Antichambre, 110% and all those idiotic shows do a great disservice to Habs fans.
Think of how many casual fans get their opinions based on those drunk idiots constantly shouting & interrupting each other?
It's the hockey version of The Jerry Springer Show !

I don't understand why they don;t teach those fools Debating Etiquette 101 - or hire a moderator who will take control. The panel has some ex-coaches with experience. Too bad they are senile / alcoholic / delusional / bitter...
Ratings.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Ratings.
Its true. Its why 110%.. or L'Attaque a 5 always brings in Jean Charles. They know he's stupid, the people around him know he's stupid.. but he is ratings, because people tune in every night to hear what he (they) are going to say.

If there is a moderator.. it'll just be like La Ligue en Question (RDS)... havent heard of it? Thats why.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:17 PM
guapo23

[QUOTE=AlterIgnis;21420218]Considering the flow of play in those games, it's more like : Leafs and Sabres fans should hope the point they lost to the Habs –a divisional rival– won't bite back at them at the end of the season.

As for now, the Habs need 1 point from 3 games to achieve a .500 road trip, which is perfectly fine by me for a team :
- whose players still getting used to each other
- who is missing its MVP (and played more than half a game with 2 players less).

By the way, although silent on the scoresheet, Cammalleri was 63% in faceoffs last night, which has to be commended. This enabled him to relieve Gomez, who struggled hard on faceoffs (he won only 27% of them) and replace Metropolit for a few shifts.[/QUOTE]

In the 1st two games Plekanec seems to have really improved his faceoff skills.
He won a lot of important draws so far...

Old
10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Max Levine

Have the game on tape and I keep watching Gionta's goal and his reaction. Don't know who that kid was behind the goal but it was fun to see Gionta looking straight at him after he scored and going back to him after the celebrations.

As for the game, I guess I'm among those who overrated this team. Sure it's only 2 games but it's the first 2 games for all teams. Being outplayed by both the Leafs and the Sabres is not reassuring. It's pitiful at times. We get to the puck but it seems like there is no one to pass it to. Martin said his strategy was puck control. Really? He's got a lot of work in front of him.

On a positive note, as opposed to many observers, I am pleasantly surprised with Hal Gill. When Gainey picked him up, I felt a little bit of shame. I thought it was a ridiculous move. Gill was blamed after the 1st game vs Toronto but apart from his goof that lead to the first goal and one lousy pass, he was very solid. He was as solid last night. Very slow but he's so tall and his stick is so long, it's hard to go around him. And when Price makes the save, no one gets close to him when Gill is on the ice.

I don't remember the last time I've seen Habs players getting so much involved in defending each other. That is what Carbo was looking for and what P.J. Stock has been saying for a few years. Like a wolves pack. Seeing Gorges and Plekanec hitting and pushing after the whistle to clear the net; Moen, Laraque, Lapierre, Latendresse getting physically involved; the three smurfs who think they're 6'4". This is chemistry. The only thing left to do is to learn to play the game together.

As for Carey Price, watching him along with Gionta and Gomez, I think the Canadiens have more in common with the old Devils than we might think.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:22 PM
guapo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Its true. Its why 110%.. or L'Attaque a 5 always brings in Jean Charles. They know he's stupid, the people around him know he's stupid.. but he is ratings, because people tune in every night to hear what he (they) are going to say.

If there is a moderator.. it'll just be like La Ligue en Question (RDS)... havent heard of it? Thats why.
The whole ratings thing is weird.
By acting like idiots more people watch ?
I guess they are going after the drunk clown demographic...

There is also that good show with Mike Bossy on TVA. Forget the name of the show but that show is great - good intelligent debates. Is it still on TV ?

Old
10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Carey + Gionta = pwnage

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
silver321

Moen's goal

who guessed Moen would be our top scorer so far (along with Gionta)?

When is the last time we had a player who crash the net like this ?
It was beautiful to watch (not a sabres point of view lol)

silver321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:35 PM
CHCl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
In the 1st two games Plekanec seems to have really improved his faceoff skills.
He won a lot of important draws so far...
That's true.

Actually, he didn't improve just his faceoff skills.
He improved pretty much everything.

His few preseason games with Gionta may have reignited the flame.
Or maybe it was something else, but it doesn't really matter.

He deserves better wingers (not as of their potential, but as of their play right now), which is probably why Martin sent Cammalleri take a few shifts alongside him.

CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
silver321

I'm so glad we got rid of Rivet for Gorges and Pacioretty...
Excellent trade by Gainey!

People call Gill a pylon... how do you call Rivet ?
Id rather have Gill than Rivet...

silver321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:47 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Have the game on tape and I keep watching Gionta's goal and his reaction. Don't know who that kid was behind the goal but it was fun to see Gionta looking straight at him after he scored and going back to him after the celebrations.

As for the game, I guess I'm among those who overrated this team. Sure it's only 2 games but it's the first 2 games for all teams. Being outplayed by both the Leafs and the Sabres is not reassuring. It's pitiful at times. We get to the puck but it seems like there is no one to pass it to. Martin said his strategy was puck control. Really? He's got a lot of work in front of him.

On a positive note, as opposed to many observers, I am pleasantly surprised with Hal Gill. When Gainey picked him up, I felt a little bit of shame. I thought it was a ridiculous move. Gill was blamed after the 1st game vs Toronto but apart from his goof that lead to the first goal and one lousy pass, he was very solid. He was as solid last night. Very slow but he's so tall and his stick is so long, it's hard to go around him. And when Price makes the save, no one gets close to him when Gill is on the ice.

I don't remember the last time I've seen Habs players getting so much involved in defending each other. That is what Carbo was looking for and what P.J. Stock has been saying for a few years. Like a wolves pack. Seeing Gorges and Plekanec hitting and pushing after the whistle to clear the net; Moen, Laraque, Lapierre, Latendresse getting physically involved; the three smurfs who think they're 6'4". This is chemistry. The only thing left to do is to learn to play the game together.

As for Carey Price, watching him along with Gionta and Gomez, I think the Canadiens have more in common with the old Devils than we might think.
Wow... And you did expect a team with 12 new faces (including the young guns from Hamilton) to shine as soon as the very beginning of the season?

Get a clue. This isn't beer league hockey. Players need time to get to know each other, any guy who played hockey even at a pee-wee level knows this.

New players, new system, new philosophy, and you're already calling the team overrated? Wow! Great vision/analysis/logic!

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Right ! But...

We don't have any of our d-men superior to Bouw, Phaneuf or Regehr. Most of their wingers are big and fast. Kiprusoff is still a top-five goalie in this league.
I've got a solution! Why just you don't go ****ing cheer for another team?! All I see from you is illogical bashing on every freaking thing the Habs do.

Reading some guys in here, the Habs just got beaten two times out of two.

We stand as good a chance as anyone to beat the Flames. Trap playing teams usually do well against the Western Conference, for some reason.

Old
10-04-2009, 02:52 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Wow... And you did expect a team with 12 new faces (including the young guns from Hamilton) to shine as soon as the very beginning of the season?

Get a clue. This isn't beer league hockey. Players need time to get to know each other, any guy who played hockey even at a pee-wee level knows this.

New players, new system, new philosophy, and you're already calling the team overrated? Wow! Great vision/analysis/logic!
Well actually the only thing that is working is the 1st line and moen, and they are all new faces. The fact that we only have 1 scoring line and that our D is slow doesn't get better with time.. And not to forget that Price was a beast and he obviously can't keep this up for the whole season.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Mike Boone About Last Night

We'll have to wait on medical reports on Ryan O'Byrne's ankle, Glen Metropolit's neck and the delicate surgery to extract Andrei Kostitsyn's head from his ass.

http://habsinsideout.com/boone/22033
I know it's a good joke, but I'm getting pretty worried about his development. He's reminding me more and more of a young Kovalev. All the skills in the world, is displaying it from time to time, and invisible most times. God I hope I'm wrong... I truly do.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I know it's a good joke, but I'm getting pretty worried about his development. He's reminding me more and more of a young Kovalev. All the skills in the world, is displaying it from time to time, and invisible most times. God I hope I'm wrong... I truly do.
For what it's worth, Andrei's always been a slow starter, looking at his splits (to 2007-08 I think... Yahoo doesn't seem to have 08-09 splits yet)

October: 16GP 2G 2A 4PT
November: 32GP 5G 8A 13PT
December: 30GP 12G 10A 22PT
January: 32GP 15G 9A 24PT
February: 31GP 9G 11A 20PT
March: 37GP 8G 15A 23PT
April: 10G 1G 1A 2Pt

Like I said, I assume (and hope) those are splits not including last season, which would help explain is low April point and games played total, as a couple years ago he played with a groin injury. 9 points in 16 playoff games (including last season) isn't too shabby either, so the poor performance in April doesn't worry me.

Give Martin some time to work with him. We finally have an experienced head coach, one that helped bring along the likes of Havlat, Hossa, and Alfredsson.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:16 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Well actually the only thing that is working is the 1st line and moen, and they are all new faces. The fact that we only have 1 scoring line and that our D is slow doesn't get better with time.. And not to forget that Price was a beast and he obviously can't keep this up for the whole season.
Price was great, but most of the time, the d was good at clearing the rebounds.

We only have one scoring line right now, because it's impossible to find the right combinations on a virtually brand new team in only 2 games.

Our D might be "slow", but it's nothing that dramatic if you look at some other teams in the league.

And the fact only the 1st line and Moen are producing right now have nothing to do with chemestry.

If you actually judge a brand new team only two games in the season, you lack of common logic.