HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does anyone else think the Monster might NOT be the next Lundqvist?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2009, 03:59 PM
  #1
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Does anyone else think the Monster might NOT be the next Lundqvist?

I don't want everyone to hate me for posting this but what if the Monster doesn't live up to all the hype? Then we have Toskala (worse than a backup) and the Monster (backup) assuming that a Gustavsson who doesn't live up to the hype is still at least a backup. Still NO goaltending for the leafs

And just to all of u blind leafs fans out there (i am one most of the time) This actually could happen

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:01 PM
  #2
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,867
vCash: 500
Cool story, Bro!

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
  #3
HocusPocus
Registered User
 
HocusPocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Nope, I'm pretty sure everyone is convinced that Gustavsson has no chance of busting and will 100% end up being as good as Lundqvist.

HocusPocus is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
  #4
LeafDangler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
So to sum up your post, if both our goalies are bad then we're in trouble. Some brilliant analysis right there.

LeafDangler is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:03 PM
  #5
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,772
vCash: 500
It could happen. Toskala could also return to his usal .900-.905 save% form and Monster could be another late blooming star.

I don't like the way Gustavsson moves in net. He's very sloppy in his movements and seems to rely on his reflexes alot. Many goalies had good careers doing this, but it's not something I like to see (usually results in more highlight reel saves and more weak goals). He has shown some promise though.

If both Toskala and Gustavsson bomb, we look for another goalie. Try and pick-up someone like Biron, who has starting experience, but won't start once DiPietro is back.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:04 PM
  #6
owa
Registered User
 
owa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a box
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafDangler View Post
So to sum up your post, if both our goalies are bad then we're in trouble. Some brilliant analysis right there.
I think he's trying to quell the hype around Gustavsson. He's unproven at the NHL level, but so many people act like they've got a top goaltender waiting to step in. The OP seems to be suggesting that perhaps we should chill a bit and look at it realistically.

owa is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
  #7
Leafidelity
Way she goes...
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,361
vCash: 1775
I see a trend here

Next thread: Does anyone else think "worst case scenerio" is a reality?

Leafidelity is online now  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
  #8
TheOtherSide
Registered User
 
TheOtherSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,654
vCash: 500
obviously there is a chance...a very good one at that...

TheOtherSide is online now  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
  #9
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
i know u guys r probably right and he will robably start the rest of the season and have at least a 910 save % but he doesn't we don't make the playoffs plain and simple becasue toskala difinately can not get us there

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
  #10
yotesnleafs
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: glendale AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
negativity. fugetaboutit.

yotesnleafs is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:09 PM
  #11
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
i know u guys r probably right and he will robably start the rest of the season and have at least a 910 save % but he doesn't we don't make the playoffs plain and simple becasue toskala difinately can not get us there
What else did you crystal ball tell you?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:09 PM
  #12
Zardoz
Registered User
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
I think he's trying to quell the hype around Gustavsson. He's unproven at the NHL level, but so many people act like they've got a top goaltender waiting to step in. The OP seems to be suggesting that perhaps we should chill a bit and look at it realistically.
There was a lot of hype before Gustavsson was signed by the Leafs, don't know why it should be different now.

Zardoz is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:10 PM
  #13
Ratboy
Leafs DGAF.
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,326
vCash: 500
he is going to be the next terry sawchuk. no.

he's going to be whatever he is. but i still think hes better than toskala, and will likely prove it pretty soon.

Ratboy is online now  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:10 PM
  #14
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
i might actually make that worst case scenario thread becasue i think theres about a 60% chance we dont make the playoffs, 40% chance we give Boston a top 10 pick, 20% chance we give them a top 5 pick, and a 10% chance we give them a top 3 pick. So it all falls onto Gustos shoulders

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
  #15
stoney
Registered User
 
stoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
If Kadri turns out to be a terrible hockey player, and Kessel never recovers from his injury, and Kaberle stops exercising and gets fat, these would all hurt the team too.

Suggesting he isn't good after 5 periods is just as ridiculous as suggesting he is the saviour in the same time frame.

stoney is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
  #16
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Gusto gives us the 40% chance to make the playoffs

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
  #17
LeafDangler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
i might actually make that worst case scenario thread becasue i think theres about a 60% chance we dont make the playoffs, 40% chance we give Boston a top 10 pick, 20% chance we give them a top 5 pick, and a 10% chance we give them a top 3 pick. So it all falls onto Gustos shoulders
Thats some amazing math right there.

LeafDangler is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
  #18
stoney
Registered User
 
stoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
Gusto gives us the 40% chance to make the playoffs
There is a 90% chance your numbers lack credibility

stoney is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
  #19
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
i might actually make that worst case scenario thread becasue i think theres about a 60% chance we dont make the playoffs, 40% chance we give Boston a top 10 pick, 20% chance we give them a top 5 pick, and a 10% chance we give them a top 3 pick. So it all falls onto Gustos shoulders
This completely ignores the chance of us using McDonald or another goalie, and Toskala bouncing back and playing like he has throughout his entire Pro career, minus the past 40-50 games. That and the fact you just randomly made up numbers.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:13 PM
  #20
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
just to tell u guys i didn't make this thread at all because of last night, before last night he still had just as much of a chance of being a bust

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
  #21
Myke
Registered User
 
Myke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
****. I didn't think about that....We're ****ed....

Myke is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
  #22
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
i also dont think we make the playoff with joey macs 900-905 save %

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
  #23
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
we need at least 910% from someone because were still not that good of a team

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
  #24
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
oh yeah one more thing if kessel doesn't recover from injury, kaberle sucks or gets injured, gusto is a bust, then we give taylor hall to Boston and Brian Burke sees the door

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
  #25
JL4L
Registered User
 
JL4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JL4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
i also dont think we make the playoff with joey macs 900-905 save %
Since you're on such a role here, can you predict the lottery numbers real quick?

JL4L is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.