HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does anyone else think the Monster might NOT be the next Lundqvist?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2009, 05:33 PM
  #51
dybbuk
Registered User
 
dybbuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freddy Beach
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 500
polls are disguised. it's the X at the top right of your screen.

dybbuk is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
  #52
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
many reports also say that he has already hit his peak, if his peak is 929% in Sweden which is probably equal to 905-910 in the NHL he may not be a bust just not the Vesna trophy contender everyone thinks he'll be
If I were you, I'd place more doubt the veracity of 'reports' that make claims that couldn't possibly be known. It's a good way of being "realistic".

embracedbias is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
  #53
owa
Registered User
 
owa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a box
Country: Canada
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
He wasn't expected to step in immediately here either. Toskala hasn't played well and it's pressed the issue a bit, but it's also why we signed MacDonald.
That's because you've got your head about you.

So many Leaf fans are acting like this guy is gonna step in and be a quality starter right away.

owa is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
  #54
JL4L
Registered User
 
JL4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JL4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
polls are disguised. it's the X at the top right of your screen.
I was actually told you had to delete your account to create a poll.

JL4L is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
  #55
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
its true

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:38 PM
  #56
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL4L View Post
I was actually told you had to delete your account to create a poll.


I'm starting to like this thread.

embracedbias is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
  #57
dybbuk
Registered User
 
dybbuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freddy Beach
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
That's because you've got your head about you.

So many Leaf fans are acting like this guy is gonna step in and be a quality starter right away.
He could. I don't think that'll happen, but, for some reason I hear a lot about people complaining us leaf fans are "too hyped about____" but I only ever hear about if form the side complaining about it never the people who think that. I don't remember seeing a lot of people saying Gusto will walk in and win the starting job and win the Vezina this season, there have been some, but, not hordes like it's being portrayed as.

dybbuk is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:41 PM
  #58
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Next Topic- The Monster's Potential

What's the best save% the monster could ever have in his best year? lol (because of maple leafs fans bias this will be much higher than his potential bust)

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
  #59
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,017
vCash: 500
Why are you still posting?

EazyB97 is online now  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:43 PM
  #60
JL4L
Registered User
 
JL4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JL4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
What's the best save% the monster could ever have in his best year?
What!?! There's more! Oh boy, I thought we were done here!
--------------------------------------
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=71891

But you have to make one of the options for whatever poll you do " Stanley4TML's an idiot". It's a rule. Ask anyone, they'll tell you.

JL4L is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:44 PM
  #61
Stanley4TML*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
why are u still reading and responding lol burn

Stanley4TML* is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:44 PM
  #62
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
A lot of dumb threads created by new posters recently. The mods should add some sort of restriction so we can avoid this clutter.

mikeo1 is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
  #63
Kyo
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
What's the best save% the monster could ever have in his best year? lol (because of maple leafs fans bias this will be much higher than his potential bust)
100%

Kyo is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
  #64
Zardoz
Registered User
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
The problem is that your posts are amusing. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon and you have made up a bogus argument that Gustavsson won't win the Vezina (find me 1 poster who has claimed he will). You're posts have been so awful that it's kept me (and likely many others) coming back to see what you can make-up next.
agreed, it's like masochistically reading Damien Cox articles...

Zardoz is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
  #65
Leafidelity
Compete Level
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,505
vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanLackey View Post
agreed, it's like masochistically reading Damien Cox articles...
Or rubber-necking at a car accident

Leafidelity is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
  #66
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
The problem is that your posts are amusing. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon and you have made up a bogus argument that Gustavsson won't win the Vezina (find me 1 poster who has claimed he will). You're posts have been so awful that it's kept me (and likely many others) coming back to see what you can make-up next.
Yep. I agree. It's like watching a car crash... except hilarious.



It's like watching two clown cars run into each other.

embracedbias is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
  #67
JL4L
Registered User
 
JL4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JL4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
ok if hes not going to win the vesna then why r u getting so mad about the point i am trying to make
Who? What? Where? Your post's are pretty vague and point in any direction. Not to mention they're usually full of ****. I don't think anyone expects him to win the Vezina lol. And I didn't see anyone getting mad.

Oh, and the quote button sure does help a lot.

JL4L is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
  #68
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4TML View Post
ok if hes not going to win the vesna then why r u getting so mad about the point i am trying to make
I don't think anyone is mad. Most of us find it extremely amusing that your point is so incredibly bad. Basically you've said that: If Gustavsson isn't good, he won't be good. And if Toskala is also bad, our goaltending will be bad. Thanks for the help tips.

Nobody has claimed Gustavsson will be the savior, they've claimed him to be an excellent prospect who is now getting a shot in the NHL. This is true. Then you'd made a number of silly claims about vezina's, the Stanley and the first overall pick, based on nothing. Nothing, but your own opinion that goes against recent history.

So all of your posts have either been insanely obvious and not worth posting or they lack any insight and are based on nothing.

EazyB97 is online now  
Old
10-04-2009, 06:07 PM
  #69
BuppY
Registered User
 
BuppY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
I have been on this site for a while now.

However I hardly post anymore, but I still read the forum daily, I spend about hr or 2 hrs reading the leafs board daily.

I noticed that level of good posters are diminishing. I dont know what the reason for this is but its extremely disappointing. The quality of posts is way down from earlier years. I think from 2003-2005 this board was the best board for hockey discussion on Hfboards. There were alot of quality posters here with very insightful posts. however lately the posts seems to dull and pointless. There are not many good discussions here anymore, its just back and forth bikering. There still are some great posters who's knowledge I respect a lot. I'm fan of posters who bring insightful posts with facts and good opinions. I like posters like Leafs Army, Mess, EazyB, Ulf, Leaf erikson, Rec, and there a lot others who are all great posters.

BuppY is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 06:13 PM
  #70
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
I'm not a Leafs mod, but this thread IMO is ridiculous. I'm closing it and your own mods can opt to re-open it if they feel it's warranted.

Closed.

Opus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.