HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 players sent to Rochester

Old
10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 500
4 players sent to Rochester

Quote:
SUNRISE, Fla. -- Hello South Florida. Good to see you. Been too long.

Going to keep this brief since I'm trying to sleep and watch football (that's not working out real well).

The Panthers made a couple of moves today, sending four players to Rochester.

The biggest surprise: Michal Repik. With Ville Koistinen playing well on the fourth line and Dmitry Kulikov getting his games in, I guess the Panthers felt they were cool with what they have.

Also heading north (after spending 11 hours on a plane heading south): Jason Garrison, Mike Duco and Alexander Salak.

The Amerks opened their season last night with a 3-2 overtime loss to the Cleveland Lumberjacks (no, I'm not calling them by their official name because I don't like it). The Amerks held a 2-0 lead on the Barons in the third period before C-town came back.

The two teams play again Friday night in Roche.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...rochester.html

gizmo12688 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
FinlandPanther

im very glad matthias didnt get called down. he's been pretty good in the few minutes he has gotten, repik im a little dissapointed didnt get any time but him and dadonov should be a pretty good pair. unrelated to this i think kulikov should spend another year in junior to dominate and work on his D and bring garrison up for him.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Well, if they're not going to play Repik, then I like it. He needs to play somewhere. Koistinen better be more disciplined out there. This could be a good sign for Kulikov.

Only problem: We now have only 21 players on the roster, and one of them is on IR.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Very surprised with Repik being sent down. I thought for sure he'd make it on the 4th line this season. I guess we'll be seeing Koistinen as a forward more this season?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandKristian View Post
im very glad matthias didnt get called down. he's been pretty good in the few minutes he has gotten, repik im a little dissapointed didnt get any time but him and dadonov should be a pretty good pair. unrelated to this i think kulikov should spend another year in junior to dominate and work on his D and bring garrison up for him.
um. kulikov's been better defensively than some of the veterans out there.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
thats true, i never said he wasnt better than some. could you imagine if we gave him more time in junior to get even better though? hes gonna be big but i would want to give him as much time as possible to not ruin his development.

Old
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post21426563

Well, I guess that answers some questions. Panthers sign Dominic Moore. Good signing for us. 53 pts. last season and a face-off ace.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
sabrefan27

Wow, this is the most talent I've seen assembled on the Amerks since the 90's. I just hope it stays mostly intact.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:25 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandKristian View Post
thats true, i never said he wasnt better than some. could you imagine if we gave him more time in junior to get even better though? hes gonna be big but i would want to give him as much time as possible to not ruin his development.
well..having him with the Panthers, playing 12 minutes per game wouldn't ruin his development IMO

He's been doing a good job so far.

I wish he could play in the AHL, would have been good for him to spend a year with Rochester

But I'm not sure if playing another year in the QJMHL would be the best thing for him

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
well..having him with the Panthers, playing 12 minutes per game wouldn't ruin his development IMO

He's been doing a good job so far.

I wish he could play in the AHL, would have been good for him to spend a year with Rochester

But I'm not sure if playing another year in the QJMHL would be the best thing for him
i think the QMJHL would be better for him solely for work on his D more. hes ok at it but its truly his only weakness. his confidence is incredbile, shot is scary, and hes pretty fast. if he bulks up a little more and works on his D he will be a STUD.

Old
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
Kulikov has been great. Seems impressively confident.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
RainingRats

We need to keep Ville for the shootouts.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 07:20 AM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Very surprised with Repik being sent down. I thought for sure he'd make it on the 4th line this season. I guess we'll be seeing Koistinen as a forward more this season?

Holy ****....only one kid is left right? Matthias

Need I say more?

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
dbhislife

Booth-Weiss-Horton
Stillman-Reino-Frolik
Olesz-Moore-Dvo
Soupy-Matthias-Kreps
Tarnasky

So what happens when Nasty is back? Do we send Matthias down? I vote yes, unless he starts to tear it up

PS I am still waiting for an apology from a certain someone who felt 3 rookies (or Taffe) would make the team

Old
10-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhislife View Post
Booth-Weiss-Horton
Stillman-Reino-Frolik
Olesz-Moore-Dvo
Soupy-Matthias-Kreps
Tarnasky

So what happens when Nasty is back? Do we send Matthias down? I vote yes, unless he starts to tear it up

PS I am still waiting for an apology from a certain someone who felt 3 rookies (or Taffe) would make the team
Oh my God. I had to go back and re-write this post to avoid mod infractions because it's VERY difficult not to talk down to you regarding this topic.

First, take your expected apology and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Second, find the post where I "felt 3 rookies (or Taffe) would make the team." I never made that claim, so you've got to be completely out of whack with reality to honestly believe that I did.

I did say this, however:

Quote:
"That means Duco, Repik, and Matthias are left. Which means that a rookie will be in the 13th forward spot, smart dude."
Tell me... besides the Dominic Moore signing, who was the last forward to make the team?

Third, learn to follow along with the arguments you're participating in. For the last time, the only concept that I was trying to illuminate during our discussion was the fact that there were more than one forward spots available, in conjunction to what Sabrefan was saying and in contention with this:

Quote:
booth-weiss-horton
stillman-reino-frolik
olesz-campbell-Dvo
nasty-Kreps-?

there is one permanent spot open...two until Nasty returns.
Really, there were two permanent spots open. One went to Matthias, the other to Moore. THAT'S ALL THIS WAS ABOUT.

It just so happened that our argument morphed into the definition of "13th forward" and what qualifies as a 13th forward and whether or not rookies are suited for the "13th forward role," whatever that is and what Joe Thornton's draft projections were. Ugh. For the 50 millionth time, you were wrong about "there is one permanent spot open...two until Nasty returns." Are we not carrying 13 forwards right now, one being Matthias and one being the injured Tarnaksy? Clearly, the addition of Moore changes things in the future, so Matthias may or may not be sent down once Tarnasky heals up (thought I doubt it).

Fourth, like I said before, you're just being an argumentative little so-and-so that gets off from bickering over semantic definitions of concepts that you're far too obtuse to understand in depth.

Last edited by Clint: 10-06-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Oh my God. I had to go back and re-write this post to avoid mod infractions because it's VERY difficult not to talk down to you regarding this topic.

First, take your expected apology and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Second, find the post where I "felt 3 rookies (or Taffe) would make the team." I never made that claim, so you've got to be completely out of whack with reality to honestly believe that I did.

I did say this, however:

Tell me... besides the Dominic Moore signing, who was the last forward to make the team?

Third, learn to follow along with the arguments you're participating in. For the last time, the only concept that I was trying to illuminate during our discussion was the fact that there were more than one forward spots available, in conjunction to what Sabrefan was saying and in contention with this:

Really, there were two permanent spots open. One went to Matthias, the other to Moore. THAT'S ALL THIS WAS ABOUT.

It just so happened that our argument morphed into the definition of "13th forward" and what qualifies as a 13th forward and whether or not rookies are suited for the "13th forward role," whatever that is and what Joe Thornton's draft projections were. Ugh. For the 50 millionth time, you were wrong about "there is one permanent spot open...two until Nasty returns." Are we not carrying 13 forwards right now, one being Matthias and one being the injured Tarnaksy? Clearly, the addition of Moore changes things in the future, so Matthias may or may not be sent down once Tarnasky heals up (thought I doubt it).

Fourth, like I said before, you're just being an argumentative little so-and-so that gets off from bickering over semantic definitions of concepts that you're far too obtuse to understand in depth.
Im argumentative? This whole thing began with Sabresfan claiming that 3 of the 4 (Matthias, Repik, Duco, and Taffe) would make the team. I said that wouldn't happen because there was only one spot up for grabs (meaning in our permanent rotation which you and I fought over for a few pages but that is what I meant whether you like my choice of words or not). Nasty went down which made there be 2 spots open. You are right Matthias got one and Moore takes the other. So I still contend that there was only one spot open on this team...it became two once Nasty went down. Had Nasty not went down I would bet we either would not have signed Moore, or Matthias would be starting the year in the AHL. Sure we COULD carry another active forward...but we aren't (Nasty is injured), and I claimed all along that we wouldn't carry a kid in the extra spot. Not much has changed. You jumped down my throat about it and we ended up arguing the semantics of the 13th forward among other things.

So how am I argumentative when you started with me again? Just asking

Old
10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
dbhislife

That means Duco, Repik, and Matthias are left. Which means that a rookie will be in the 13th forward spot, smart dude.

I'll spell it out for you:

Booth, Weiss, Frolik, Horton, Stillman, Reinprecht, Olesz, Dvorak, Campbell, Kreps, (Tarnasky), Matthias, Repik, Duco.

And Ps dude...you said that. There are 3 rookies there

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=686172

There is a link

Old
10-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Clint

Quote:

So how am I argumentative when you started with me again? Just asking
Because you're bringing up a dead topic that has no relevance any longer and demanding an apology like an entitled 12 year old because you were wrong about something and someone disagreed with you.

Quote:
This whole thing began with Sabresfan claiming that 3 of the 4 (Matthias, Repik, Duco, and Taffe) would make the team.
Well he was wrong, then. However, at that time no one could have guessed that we would have signed Moore, and also at the time it was up in the air whether we were going to be carrying a full 23-man roster. I implied it was a possibility, as it has happened many times with many teams in the past, but not necessarily a certainty.

As it turns out, we're carrying 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies for a grand total of 22 roster players. In any given night, two of them will not be dressed, yet they will still actually be roster players.

Quote:
That means Duco, Repik, and Matthias are left. Which means that a rookie will be in the 13th forward spot, smart dude.

I'll spell it out for you:

Booth, Weiss, Frolik, Horton, Stillman, Reinprecht, Olesz, Dvorak, Campbell, Kreps, (Tarnasky), Matthias, Repik, Duco.

And Ps dude...you said that. There are 3 rookies there

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=686172

There is a link
I am well aware of the link that I MYSELF posted. I wasn't highlighting that all those players would make the roster. I was asking you to count the number of players. There were 14 forwards listed. 13 were sure to be roster players. Which means that AT LEAST ONE rookie would be making the squad as the final forward, even if not dressed every night.

If you want to chalk this up to semantic differences or misunderstanding of words, then fine. I'm not arguing this topic any longer. You're sure as **** not getting an apology from me, however.

Old
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Because you're bringing up a dead topic that has no relevance any longer and demanding an apology like an entitled 12 year old because you were wrong about something and someone disagreed with you.

Well he was wrong, then. However, at that time no one could have guessed that we would have signed Moore, and also at the time it was up in the air whether we were going to be carrying a full 23-man roster. I implied it was a possibility, as it has happened many times with many teams in the past, but not necessarily a certainty.

As it turns out, we're carrying 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies for a grand total of 22 roster players. In any given night, two of them will not be dressed, yet they will still actually be roster players.

I am well aware of the link that I MYSELF posted. I wasn't highlighting that all those players would make the roster. I was asking you to count the number of players. There were 14 forwards listed. 13 were sure to be roster players. Which means that AT LEAST ONE rookie would be making the squad as the final forward, even if not dressed every night.

If you want to chalk this up to semantic differences or misunderstanding of words, then fine. I'm not arguing this topic any longer. You're sure as **** not getting an apology from me, however.
but 13 of those 14 guys didn't end up being roster players....therefore it wasn't sure. Certainly you cannot deny that duco and repik are both gone

all I am pointing out is you jumped down my throat rather quickly...and in the end a lot of what I said ended up being what happened. One kid is in our top 4 lines, and the others are in the A