HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Rumor: Andrei Markov Injured, Looks To Be Serious

Old
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
One Trick Pony*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
True. I guess during the gelling process you need solid goaltending to give your team a chance to win or steal games. Can Toskala provide that?

Meanwhile there is no replacing Markov. So it comes down to team unity and players stepping up and taking advantage of an opportunity. If Price can hold the fort then this team will be ok. If he provides Toskala-like goaltending we are doomed.
Hopefully Gustavsson makes the necessary ascension. Although, that should be a given considering how awful Toskala's been.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares in 09 View Post
Huge blow for the Habs, if he's out for a few months which is highly likely they may not have any shot at the playoffs. I know the season just started but that would be like us losing Kaberle, like Montreal we're a bubble team and cannot afford to lose those players. Good thing for us that we actually have depth, Gainey's defensive core is crap. Hal Gill...nuff' said.

After 2 games... Gill or Beauchemin= same ****

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Maybe they'd want Finger?
Finger & Frogen

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:57 PM
owa

3-4 Months is brutal. It could be even longer considering the severity of it. I feel bad for Montreal... I mean, they may be division rivals, but I'd rather they suffer simply due to talent not because a player had to get hurt.

I'm not a big Don Cherry fan, but he made a good point last night about the taping of the flap part on the front of the skates. Players should be doing whatever it takes to protect themselves. It's their livlihood afterall.

owa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Did Josh Gorges just get injured to?? At least our weak corps doesn't break down like the elite group of Komisarek/Beauchemin and Schenn. That trio has resulted in over 9 goals against in 2 games played. Just brutal.
I'll give you Beauchemin and Schenn, but Komi is an even +\- and has 7 hits and 8 blocked shots in 2 games... not too shabby for how over zealous he's been.

Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote