HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin Wilson

Old
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Colin Wilson

He's one of my favorite prospect and I was wondering if you guys think he'll be in the NHL at some point this season. I know he was demoted, but if he comes back, will he have a offensive role and will he be able to produce right away?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
goalscorer

He will absolutely be in the NHl during this season and probably sooner than later. A lot of posters are predicting by the end of the October as third line center, probably with Jones and Ward.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

He hasn't been officially demoted yet, it's just widely expected.

If he performs well in the minors, he'll be a Predator by Thanksgiving.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Webersmashpuck

If you didn't know, Wilson had a groin injury that has held him back and pretty much sent him down in our eyes. As soon as he starts performing in the AHL look for him to be back very quickly as others have said.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:14 PM
braino

Wilson

Is there a link on his demotion as I do not see anything advising he's been sent down. I did see Olvecky, Sulzer and someone else was sent down though.

BRAINO

braino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by braino View Post
Is there a link on his demotion as I do not see anything advising he's been sent down. I did see Olvecky, Sulzer and someone else was sent down though.

BRAINO
He hasn't been sent down, he's currently injured and is filed as a "injured non-roster player" at the moment, a move we suspect is to buy us some further evaluation time.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:51 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
a move we suspect is to buy us some further evaluation time.
I think it means they don't want to start the season, or go more than a couple games, with a third line that sucks.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:29 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I think it means they don't want to start the season, or go more than a couple games, with a third line that sucks.
Other than the center position though, we could find ourselves with a decent 3rd line. If Santo can perform on the 2nd, you have Ward, Jones and Hornqvist available for the wings. 2 of those between Wilson could be fun. I tend to think you would be better with Hornqvist in the mix to give the line some variety but then Ward or Jones on the 4th seems like a waste. If Santo performs and we stay healthy, it could be a good problem to have.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
OpenWheel

Oh, I'm not putting down any of the wingers. It's just "the feel" of that line. Without O'Reilly making the team we didn't have a center candidate stand out. Trotz has had solid praise for Goc. But even Trotz has said we'll get good "two-way" play out of Goc and "some" scoring.

So with Wilson centering, you look at Ward on one wing and Hornqvist or Jones on the other and it feels like we finally have a third line that can regularly pot goals. Without Wilson, not so much.

Goc may actially be better for that amount off ice time, since he's not a rookie, and preventing goals is as important as scoring them. But it just doesn't feel like the big third line upgrade we were hoping for.

Old
09-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

What can we expect from him this season if he plays in the NHL? I really like him and I'm trying to figure out if I can take him as my last pick in my keepers league.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
What can we expect from him this season if he plays in the NHL? I really like him and I'm trying to figure out if I can take him as my last pick in my keepers league.
Considering that Arnott and Legwand are pretty injury prone, Wilson could potentially see some big minutes if they go down. I still think he'll be sent to Milwaukee at some point, unless we are unable to due to injuries or superb play. I think a reasonable guess would be 10G+20A

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Sports Illustrated: Kids To Watch - Colin Wilson

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 08:53 PM
OpenWheel

Why did they open up with this jewel?

"After nearly making the cut last fall, the brawny center returned to Boston University and ..."

Without even coming to camp he almost made the cut? Wow! He's better than I thought.

Old
10-01-2009, 12:46 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

It's SI. They are about as useful as ESPN.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 08:51 AM
lstcyr

Arnott's a free agent at the end of the year? I thought it was in 2011.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 11:22 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Arnott's a free agent at the end of the year? I thought it was in 2011.
It is. He leaves shortly before the CBA expires.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Trotz open to Wilson starting season in Nashville

Quote:
"We're just going to see how it goes,'' Trotz said. "We've seen him in the rookie games and in the first part of camp and he's played quite well. So we'll see where his conditioning is and how his skating is. If it's fine, I'd say there's a good chance he'll be back in the mix right away.

"But if he's fallen off because of the injury, then we'll make that decision. We'll just play it day by day.''
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...910050325/1028

I think it is the right call. Wilson had earned a spot in the lineup with his performance in camp up until his injury and I think the writing was on the wall for Wilson to come back and lay claim to a roster spot when O'Reilly was sent back to Milwaukee to start the year.

Honestly, I think we might see a one or two game conditioning stint in Milwaukee for Wilson, but outside of that, I believe that the Preds want him in the NHL lineup ASAP...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...910050325/1028

I think it is the right call. Wilson had earned a spot in the lineup with his performance in camp up until his injury and I think the writing was on the wall for Wilson to come back and lay claim to a roster spot when O'Reilly was sent back to Milwaukee to start the year.

Honestly, I think we might see a one or two game conditioning stint in Milwaukee for Wilson, but outside of that, I believe that the Preds want him in the NHL lineup ASAP...
My hopes for the season went up astronomically after that. With Wilson and the talent that is on the third line I'm not worried about the offense. Think about it. When we whine about we have too many 3rd and 4th liners on the team it was simply because of the fact that the 3rd and 4th liners were not that talented. Now, we are going to complain about too many 3rd liners because simply because Wilson plus the combination of Jones/Hornqvist/Ward is going to make things interesting. If Santorelli falters, which very early he's not. You could see Ward moved back up to the 2nd line and Santo in Milwaukee. Guite most likely will be placed on waivers after Wilson catches up to speed.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
My hopes for the season went up astronomically after that. With Wilson and the talent that is on the third line I'm not worried about the offense. Think about it. When we whine about we have too many 3rd and 4th liners on the team it was simply because of the fact that the 3rd and 4th liners were not that talented. Now, we are going to complain about too many 3rd liners because simply because Wilson plus the combination of Jones/Hornqvist/Ward is going to make things interesting. If Santorelli falters, which very early he's not. You could see Ward moved back up to the 2nd line and Santo in Milwaukee. Guite most likely will be placed on waivers after Wilson catches up to speed.
Agreed, but I don't see Guite heading to the waiver wire anytime soon. The Preds will be at 23 players with the activation of Wilson and Ward after sending down O'Reilly to start the season. Guite is the type of guy that you can rotate in and out of the lineup as a 22nd/23rd man on the roster and afford to waive if necessary later in the season if the need arises. No sense in losing any depth this early in the year...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Agreed, but I don't see Guite heading to the waiver wire anytime soon. The Preds will be at 23 players with the activation of Wilson and Ward after sending down O'Reilly to start the season. Guite is the type of guy that you can rotate in and out of the lineup as a 22nd/23rd man on the roster and afford to waive if necessary later in the season if the need arises. No sense in losing any depth this early in the year...
I forgot about that. It could be interesting this year.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
mm11

Hello All, what kind of player do you see Wislon developing into when he hits his prime? The 08 first round was loaded with top end talent with Wilson being one obviously

Could not go wrong with, Stamkos, DD, Bogo, Piet, Schenn, Boedker, Bailey, Hodgson and the numerous others

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Thunderstick

When do you think Colin Wilson will play his first NHL game? I got him in a pool and am trying to figure out if I should drop him or not?

Thunderstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:41 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

He has been recovering from a groin injury, but is expected to be able to return to practice this week. If all is well we could be looking at seeing him pretty soon. The Buffalo game maybe?

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 06:03 PM
OpenWheel

Any word on whether Wilson is practicing yet?

Sure seems to have been a rather significant injury, without all that much word about how serious it really was when he first was held out. I hope this isn't something that lingers. As far as I remember he never had a major groin injury the last two years of college. I am worried about our staffs approach to these guys as much as we've seen groin injuries this years camp.

Old
10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
predfan98

someone on the Preds board said Trotz said on XM that Wilson underwent a small surgical procedure-----and was vague about it.
So I don't expect him back during October, personally.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote