HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Garrett is a tool

Old
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
oilphan

vCash: 500
John Garrett is a tool

Wow...this guy's bias is getting ridiculous. I just heard him on the fan590 in Toronto talking about the beginning of the Western Conference season. He was talking about the Calgary-Van game and how luck Calgary was to hold on and how Vancouver outshot them by a wide margin. Then he was talking about the Edmonton-Calgary game and how lucky Edmonton was to even be in the game. He said one of the reasons that Edmonton was in the game was the fluky goal that Gags scored and what a lucky bounce he got off the glass. No mention of the Calgary game winner until the host said "talk about flukes, how about Calgary's game winner?" Garrett replied that it was not as much as a fluke as it appeared. He said the goal was really Souray's fault for not calling out to Khabi and that it was all brought on by incredible hustle by Moss. Also, no mention of Dionne's shot that was 10 feet wide and caromed off the Oiler into the net.

No link...just kidding on that one.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

JG has always been a top class moronic homer. He was on Stauffers show a bit backa dn was thrusting the Oilers. At elast Stauffer can admit he is a Homer but can still look at both team with as littel bias as possible. Garrett couldn't admit to being a Homer and could never see any flaw with the flamers.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
jadeddog

expecting anything out of garretts mouth other than pure lunacy is folly

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
I agree with him in a way. Souray was going for the puck but turned away when he saw Khabby coming out for it. It was a lack of communication more than anything else and I would agree with Everest's take that they need to address it and Im sure they have.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

I actually lol'd at the "Confirmed with Link" part. I don't know why, it is just really cheeky.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
I actually lol'd at the "Confirmed with Link" part. I don't know why, it is just really cheeky.
Me too. It just sounds great. "Confirmed with Link: John Garrett is a tool." Well done, OP.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I agree with him in a way. Souray was going for the puck but turned away when he saw Khabby coming out for it. It was a lack of communication more than anything else and I would agree with Everest's take that they need to address it and Im sure they have.
Regardless that is still a routine play 9 times out of 10. If the puck is bobbling on Khabby he either plays it up the boards or behind the net to Souray.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:13 PM
misfit

I'm glad this was finally confirmed once and for all. I had a good laugh at the thread title, maybe more than I should've.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
Me too. It just sounds great. "Confirmed with Link: John Garrett is a tool." Well done, OP.
Ya using the confirmed with link was funny. The Rumour add on would have been good too.

Old
10-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
+1 for the thread title being hilarious. Awesomesauce.

-1 for not having a link! Should have at least linked to his dumb mug!

---
Total: even steven

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:16 PM
blue_n_copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
It looked to me like Souray was heading to the opposite corner to be in position to take a pass behind the net if that is what Khabi decided to do with the puck. Gilbert hung back at the blue line to give Khabibulin another outlet there. I don't see how that is a lack of communication at all. Both defencemen did what they were supposed to do once they realized that Khabibulin intended to play the puck. It is not like they were wrong in thinking that Khabi was going to play the puck, because that is what he tried to do, he just screwed up that is all. No lack of communication just a lack of execution on Khabi's part.

blue_n_copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
MerryJ99

This is not new news, John Garrett has been a tool for a long time but confirming it with a link is priceless and definitely makes it official! LOL

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
blue_n_copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Wow...this guy's bias is getting ridiculous. I just heard him on the fan590 in Toronto talking about the beginning of the Western Conference season. He was talking about the Calgary-Van game and how luck Calgary was to hold on and how Vancouver outshot them by a wide margin. Then he was talking about the Edmonton-Calgary game and how lucky Edmonton was to even be in the game. He said one of the reasons that Edmonton was in the game was the fluky goal that Gags scored and what a lucky bounce he got off the glass. No mention of the Calgary game winner until the host said "talk about flukes, how about Calgary's game winner?" Garrett replied that it was not as much as a fluke as it appeared. He said the goal was really Souray's fault for not calling out to Khabi and that it was all brought on by incredible hustle by Moss. Also, no mention of Dionne's shot that was 10 feet wide and caromed off the Oiler into the net.

No link...just kidding on that one.
I don't understand that at all. What is it that Souray was supposed to call out to Khabibulin? "Don't bobble the puck and give it away, Khabi." I hardly think that is something a defencemen needs to tell his goalie.

blue_n_copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_n_copper View Post
I don't understand that at all. What is it that Souray was supposed to call out to Khabibulin? "Don't bobble the puck and give it away, Khabi." I hardly think that is something a defencemen needs to tell his goalie.
I guess he could have told him to play it behind the net, but Khabi didn't play it ANYWHERE so how would that have helped?

I still hear Jason Smith yelling, "Leave it, leave it!" at Conklin in my nightmares ...

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
I guess he could have told him to play it behind the net, but Khabi didn't play it ANYWHERE so how would that have helped?

I still hear Jason Smith yelling, "Leave it, leave it!" at Conklin in my nightmares ...

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_n_copper View Post
It looked to me like Souray was heading to the opposite corner to be in position to take a pass behind the net if that is what Khabi decided to do with the puck. Gilbert hung back at the blue line to give Khabibulin another outlet there. I don't see how that is a lack of communication at all. Both defencemen did what they were supposed to do once they realized that Khabibulin intended to play the puck. It is not like they were wrong in thinking that Khabi was going to play the puck, because that is what he tried to do, he just screwed up that is all. No lack of communication just a lack of execution on Khabi's part.
If you look at it again Souray is going directly for the puck, as he should be, but when he sees Khabby come out to play it, he kind of does a double take and then goes towards the corner. If he was going straight for the corner he never would have been going towards the puck.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Who's John Garrett?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Who's John Garrett?
He's the colour guy for Canucks games on Sportsnet pacific, the worst broadcast crew in hockey. I think he might work flames games too. He is a perfect example of the modern Vancouver canucks fan.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Sayuri

Quote:
Who's John Garrett?
Believe me this is one instance where ignorance is definately bliss, just pretend you didn't ask and continue on with your day

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
the word*

Quote:
Who's John Garrett?
John Garrett, the paid for band wagon jumper. That guy will praise any team if it means a steady pay check or the possibility of one. What's his gig these days? Whatever club he does colour for is always 'done wrong by the officiating' and that team should just be given the cup because winning the games would be a mere technicality. This is nothing new for this guy, he is absolutely shameless. He is the definition of a joke.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

What does he have against the Oilers? They were playing one of Vancouver's rivals so why would he go out of his way to take a jab at the Oilers? It wasn't like they were playing the Canucks, i figured that he would have equal bias against the Oilers and Flames

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
What does he have against the Oilers? They were playing one of Vancouver's rivals so why would he go out of his way to take a jab at the Oilers? It wasn't like they were playing the Canucks, i figured that he would have equal bias against the Oilers and Flames
I think he loves the Flames and Canucks. There must have been some bad blood after he left Edmonton. I believe he used to call the games or did colour when A-Channel used to broadcast the games on TV.

Old
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Kid_Roll

Hey! He may be a tool, but he's our tool!

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Ssseth

I hate John Garrett almost as much as Pierre McGuire.

Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
He has nothing against the Oilers. He has done colour for them in the past. Guess what, when he had that job, the Oil were the best thing ever. They even pulled a prank on him once. Both goalies were 'injured', and he came down from the press box and actually suited up and went on the ice, apparently to play. Miraculously, one of the goalies was healthy enough to go; everyone had a big laugh. True story.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote