HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For those of you who say MSG's security sucks...

Old
10-04-2009, 09:36 AM
BrandNewDream

vCash: 500
For those of you who say MSG's security sucks...

They actually hooked me and my family up. Just before game time, we got to our seats. I was in Section 401, Row E. Because of the rain, the roof was leaking. Our row was barely getting wet, we could have easily sat there. The rows behind us were drenched, so much so that they weren't even letting people go to those rows, they stood behind the rail. My family and I stood up the whole time, acting as though we were getting wet (although we likely would have anyway, had we sat there).

Security came and told us to follow. We walk down the stairs, and keep going down. Turns out they took four folding chairs for us and put them right on the rail behind 214. Awesome view, awesome seats. Turns out the tickets I got for my Dad's B-day that I wanted to sell (because of the limited view) turned out just fine.

Instead of trying to get by or not going the extra step, they went out of their way and were more than accommodating. Bravo, MSG.

EDIT: Although, we did keep getting told to sit down, when there was no one behind us, only gate 74.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 09:53 AM
broadwayblue

I was wondering about those seats. At first I thought they might be a new handicapped section...but then I nixed that idea as nobody had a wheelchair. Pretty cool.

As for security...it was pretty light last night. They were just waiving everyone through as far as I could see.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:17 AM
FLYLine24*

Who says MSG security sucks?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Who says MSG security sucks?
I remember people talking all about it in the lawsuit thread, where the guy was suing the team for selling his season tix.

Old
10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
92hatchattack

MSG security does suck. You can walk in there with anything you like. At least at the rock they scan everyone with a metal detector.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 01:58 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
MSG security does suck. You can walk in there with anything you like. At least at the rock they scan everyone with a metal detector.
That is because the rock is in Newark, I would hope they scan everyone with metal detectors.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
That is because the rock is in Newark, I would hope they scan everyone with metal detectors.
I would like MSG to be cautious like that as well. This is New York City, the site of the worst terrorist attack the country has ever seen. A venue that holds over 16,000 people located at the heart of said city can be seen as a prime opportunity for some bad people to do bad things.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
They actually hooked me and my family up. Just before game time, we got to our seats. I was in Section 401, Row E. Because of the rain, the roof was leaking. Our row was barely getting wet, we could have easily sat there. The rows behind us were drenched, so much so that they weren't even letting people go to those rows, they stood behind the rail. My family and I stood up the whole time, acting as though we were getting wet (although we likely would have anyway, had we sat there).

Security came and told us to follow. We walk down the stairs, and keep going down. Turns out they took four folding chairs for us and put them right on the rail behind 214. Awesome view, awesome seats. Turns out the tickets I got for my Dad's B-day that I wanted to sell (because of the limited view) turned out just fine.

Instead of trying to get by or not going the extra step, they went out of their way and were more than accommodating. Bravo, MSG.

EDIT: Although, we did keep getting told to sit down, when there was no one behind us, only gate 74.
That's called customer service, not security. And they didn't do you any favors, just made good on the promise of you having a seat on opening night. After all, you didn't cause the roof to leak.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZherdev View Post
I would like MSG to be cautious like that as well. This is New York City, the site of the worst terrorist attack the country has ever seen. A venue that holds over 16,000 people located at the heart of said city can be seen as a prime opportunity for some bad people to do bad things.
I agree. The "security" check is a complete joke--the only thing they're looking for is people trying to sneak in food or drinks because they want everyone to have to go to the consession stands. I would feel much safer if everyone went through a metal detector.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:03 PM
John Torturella

Speaking of security, what in the world did that kid do around 320-321? Dude got destroyed.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Yeah i've always wondered why at the Prudential center and Nassau coliseum every one is searched and in the Garden its like random pretty much.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Interesting; we in the media have to open everything for them--they look through everything I have when I go through security. And they tag it. Not complaining, just saying.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:24 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Interesting; we in the media have to open everything for them--they look through everything I have when I go through security. And they tag it. Not complaining, just saying.
They look in all bags at the main entrance at MSG as well. Nothing gets tagged, but then again, I haven't walked in with a computer or anything like that. Usually just a bag with two jerseys and a hat and my purse.

They only use the metal detector wand on select people, though. Don't think they've ever stopped to search my husband, and they've never used the wand on me.

In Newark, they checked indide my purse, but I didn't get the wand. My husband did.

I do often wish they'd be a little more diligent when they look through my bags, though. There are some days when all I do is hold it open as I walk by and they barely look down.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Speaking of security, what in the world did that kid do around 320-321? Dude got destroyed.
i was wondering what the random fold out chairs were for. that guy looked pretty drunk - the green blazers got rid of him sharpish

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 07:14 PM
DUBYlieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
hahah that was so awesome, i was in 111 and those guys were rippin that dude apart, he went to put his shirt on and he put his head into the sleeve, causing a mayhem of laughter towards him, it was great..

DUBYlieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
i was wondering what the random fold out chairs were for. that guy looked pretty drunk - the green blazers got rid of him sharpish
Even though I essentially had a bird's eye view, I still couldn't tell exactly what went on. He got all tough, yelling at someone, and then took his shirt off. At that point, security came in and took him out.

Old
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Even though I essentially had a bird's eye view, I still couldn't tell exactly what went on. He got all tough, yelling at someone, and then took his shirt off. At that point, security came in and took him out.
HAHA I thought his shirt was ripped off lol. What a ******.

Dude obviously got what he deserved. The chant of "Kick him out" was awesome.

Its unbelievable how people act. Your supposed to have a good time at a hockey game. People need to grow up.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
They look in all bags at the main entrance at MSG as well. Nothing gets tagged, but then again, I haven't walked in with a computer or anything like that. Usually just a bag with two jerseys and a hat and my purse.

They only use the metal detector wand on select people, though. Don't think they've ever stopped to search my husband, and they've never used the wand on me.

In Newark, they checked indide my purse, but I didn't get the wand. My husband did.

I do often wish they'd be a little more diligent when they look through my bags, though. There are some days when all I do is hold it open as I walk by and they barely look down.
80% of the time those people are the ones who have
1.) closed jackets
2.) baggy jackets
3.) wearing opposing team apparel
4.) not wearing Rangers jersey

If you walk in with a regular jacket, keep it unzipped and are wearing a Rangers jersey, the odds of you being checked are much slimmer.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 11:34 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
I only got wanded once... and it was because I went through quickly wearing a light jacket, turned and had to wait for my gf to get her purse searched... the guy looked bored so he decided to give me the extra attention... oh well, not like i had anything anyway.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
NYRSinceBirth

I get the metal detector seemingly every time I go through. Maybe I just look sketchy? IDK, I don't mind the security at all.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
irishlaxburger2

I actually stopped in front of security to get "wanded" on Saturday night. The guy just stared at me and told me to keep moving. Thought it was weird...

I do walk through a metal detector at work every day though. That might be why I thought it was odd.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 04:21 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
They barely even stop to check me when I enter MSG. Maybe because I'm decked in Rangers apparel? I've never gone to a game not wearing Rangers stuff, so I dunno if it's any different. They take a 1-second lazy look through my bag and when I stopped to get wanded, they told me to move along. Strange. On one hand, it's nice to be able to go through smoothly, but on the other hand it would definitely be nice to see it a little more strict, considering that it's only 18,200 fans settling into one of the most high-profile buildings in New York City.

As for the original story though, that's great that they were able to do that. Any time you can avoid sitting in 401, it's a good thing Although I was in 402 and my seat was one of the best views I've had in a while. What a difference a few feet makes.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote