HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread III (All non Habs Hockey talk here) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Gustave

vCash: 500
I watched the Yotes-Kings last night and I thought the Kings looked like crap. I have no idea how they will be able to turn this eternal rebuild around. Jon Quick might be decent but he's not a number 1 goalie. Doughty is a stud but he's way too young to anchor a D all by himself. I still haven't seen a lot out off J.Johnson to figure how he will turn out. Plus they had Frolov on the third line yesterday. Sure he got PP time, but that doesn't seen right to me.

Oh, Vrbata in Yotes uni > Vrbata in any uni. I think he like the colours.

Old
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I wonder were all the guys who were pissed at Gainey for not siging Beauchemin this summer are??

Funny how they seem to shrink into the shadows when they players they wanted suck and baang the drum when they players like have success.
So if we base ourselves on the first 2 games he played with his team to praise Gainey because he didn't sign him....should we bash him for not signing Bégin who has 3 assists in 2 games? Or for trading Grabovski and his 3 points in 2 games? Or any other of our ex-players with points? Or it works solely one way?

Old
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
I watched the Yotes-Kings last night and I thought the Kings looked like crap. I have no idea how they will be able to turn this eternal rebuild around. Jon Quick might be decent but he's not a number 1 goalie. Doughty is a stud but he's way too young to anchor a D all by himself. I still haven't seen a lot out off J.Johnson to figure how he will turn out. Plus they had Frolov on the third line yesterday. Sure he got PP time, but that doesn't seen right to me.

Oh, Vrbata in Yotes uni > Vrbata in any uni. I think he like the colours.
Kings have a very solid team, won't be long until they start rising through the standings.

Doughty
Johnson
Scuderi
Smith
Kopitar
Brown
Schenn

Thats a group of solid players. They just need to come around.

Old
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Kings have a very solid team, won't be long until they start rising through the standings.

Doughty
Johnson
Scuderi
Smith
Kopitar
Brown
Schenn

Thats a group of solid players. They just need to come around.
Yeah, okay, so they have a few decent players, but look at the rest of the roster. LA has no depth whatsoever.

Old
10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Rgolt

leafs dman

not sure if this is thread-worthy but it will definitely make u feel abit happier

Komisarek and Beauchemin have either been on the ice or in the penalty box for all of the Leafs 10 goals against

i bet mara/spacek/gill are looking pretty good now

Old
10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I would be a lot more concerned about Beauchemin if I were a Leafs fan. He has looked plain horrible out there, I mean HORRIBLE!! Komisarek is being Komisarek, at least he throws big hits and stands up for his team mates, but Beauchemin, OMG ... HORRIBLE.
Like others have eluded to, both Beauchemin and Komisarek are defensemen who many considered #2 defensemen. However, both have benefitted greatly from having Superstar defense partners (Niedermayer, Pronger, Markov). Without these guys, they are borderline #3-4. I'm a little surprised Komisarek hasn't played a little better with Kaberle since he is a pretty similar player to Markov, he may come around or may not. So far I find he's playing like he did in 08-09, which he looked horrible with or without Markov.

Beauchemin seems to be playing with Schenn (who has looked HORRID himself). I don't think he's the right guy for that job, there is a lot of pressure for him to anchor that pairing.

I won't lie, I wanted Beauchemin in the off season especially if we couldn't re-sign Komisarek. I thought he could play well next to Markov.. To be honest I didn't even know Spacek was becoming a UFA until we signed him, but I was pretty pleased with the signing. I always noticed he played exceptional against us, I liked what I saw from him during Edmonton's cup run too.

Old
10-05-2009, 07:42 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

anyone saw tortorella after the devils 1st goal lmao

good old torts lol

Old
10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Happy to see that a guy I was hyping a lot looks almost like a vet out there. I wish that we would have a rookie that would play with as much confidence as Del Zotto is showing.....

Old
10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Happy to see that a guy I was hyping a lot looks almost like a vet out there. I wish that we would have a rookie that would play with as much confidence as Del Zotto is showing.....
I watched the Rangers' first game and came away very impressed with Del Zotto. Definitely a guy I'm going to try to catch a lot of this year.

Old
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Higgins being his same old invisible self once again...

Old
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
AIRic

Seeing Del Zotto for the Rangers tonight having 1G-1A for 3 points in 3 games, made me wish we would try someone like Subban instead of Weber. You know a booming shot, speed, offensive flair and a big body. If Del Zotto don't seem to need AHL time, I still wonder why Subban needs it. Nothing against Weber, but the explosiveness and confidence of Subban would be great on D for us.

Old
10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Higgins being his same old invisible self once again...
Y'know, I bet Mcdonough doesn't even make the NHL ever. He just seems FOREVER away.

Old
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Kirk Muller

Wow, Bobby Luo being lit up in Vancouver. Probably bad news for the habs on Wednesday.

Old
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Luongo allowed 4 goals on 11 shots so far with 15 minutes to play in the 2nd period hahahahahah!

Old
10-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Canucks are down 4-1 to the Blue Jackets and Luongo gave up 2 softies in about 20 seconds. Raycrap is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRic View Post
Seeing Del Zotto for the Rangers tonight having 1G-1A for 3 points in 3 games, made me wish we would try someone like Subban instead of Weber. You know a booming shot, speed, offensive flair and a big body.
Weber has 3 of those 4 qualities.

And 'big body' is a bit of stretch when describing Subban.

Quote:
If Del Zotto don't seem to need AHL time, I still wonder why Subban needs it. Nothing against Weber, but the explosiveness and confidence of Subban would be great on D for us.
MDZ has played 3 games, granted they were impressive by all accounts and he must have had a good camp to stick as a 19 year old. Let's see if he's still doing this by the 20 game mark. the 40 game mark, etc. Subban definitely did not impress in his 1st preseason game and got injured shortly after. Regardless, each player is different. Just because MDZ appears to be able to do it as a 19 year old doesn't mean Subban could do it as a 20 year old.

I just don't understand why so many of you want to rush Subban when we have other options. Put aside the whole fun to watch/fan favorite angle here, it's all about developing the player the right way. And right now, that's AHL time.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Wow, Bobby Luo being lit up in Vancouver. Probably bad news for the habs on Wednesday.
why is that bad news?

Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Hopefully Rayrcroft starts vs. us on Weds

Old
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i hate luongo

i did 3 hockey pool and took him in all of them

Old
10-05-2009, 11:26 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
man the Canucks are a bunch of ****ing bullies; Bieksa, O'Brien, Hordichuk, Rypien...

Old
10-05-2009, 11:29 PM
One Trick Pony

Luongo is hurting me so much
And if Vancouver comes back and Raycroft gets the win I will be so pissed since I have Mason also in my pool lol

Old
10-05-2009, 11:31 PM
TankEller*

New Jersey lost, some of their fans apparently are missing Gionta, reading on their forum.

They lost a whole lot of players this summer and still didn't replace them. Lou Lamoriello is, IMO, the most overrated GM in the league.

Old
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Habsfan18

Columbus is looking damn impressive tonight.

Old
10-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
why is that bad news?
Usually goalies of his caliber respond very strong after poor performances.

Old
10-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
New Jersey lost, some of their fans apparently are missing Gionta, reading on their forum.

They lost a whole lot of players this summer and still didn't replace them. Lou Lamoriello is, IMO, the most overrated GM in the league.
LOL what?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/d...s.php?tmi=7066

Yeah all those 100 point seasons and two cups really show he is overrated. Last year lots of people wrote off the Devils saying they wouldn't make the playoffs and sure enough they did. Their roster doesn't look pretty but I won't be surprised if they find a way to make the playoffs this year.

Old
10-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Columbus is looking damn impressive tonight.
Agreed, with Luongo, Ward and Brodeur struggling maybe we'll see Price/Mason as the goalie duo for Canada at the Olympics.

Closed Thread