HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Vinny Prospal....anybody else appreciate his enthusiasm ?

Old
10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
I'd like to think his enthusiasm rubs off on people.

but i know one thing.

Vinny Prospal freakin' LOVES scoring goals.

----

I was going to post a long winded statement about all of these appreciation threads, (being that we are only 2 games into the season and all) but my post would probably be deleted so i'll take the highroad on this one.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I was going to post a long winded statement about all of these appreciation threads, (being that we are only 2 games into the season and all) but my post would probably be deleted so i'll take the highroad on this one.
I can appreciate your lack of appreciation for the prevailing appreciation of appreciation threads.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Fleury robbed him the other night or he would have another...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
I don't know how most feel about Vinny, but I have to admit that I am pretty excited to find a euro hockey player who shows this much excitement and enthusiasm after scoring goals. Last night I was sitting in section 304 ( perfect line of site right near the goal line ) and watched him clenched both fists in a pumping motion and screaming "yea" ! as dubinski and gaborik came over to celebrate when he scored the first goal of the game. In the past, I was always a bit perturbed when I would see Jagr, straka or nylander, naslund, scoring goals and not really celebrating with much emotion. Maybe it’s the way they were brought up in their country and what not, but I for one get quite excited each time I score a goal on my hockey team and I find it to be a great boost to a team as well. I hope Vinny can keep it up and show us what he still has left…..and I hope he keeps the emotional level on full volume as well.

Edit......found this pick on nyrangers.com of the first goal
Celebrating goals in beer leagues is ridiculous. A fist pump and some congratulations from your teammates is cool, but it really pisses me off when people go over the top (ride their stick, hoot and holler, etc.) after scoring in a meaningless men's league game. If you're still playing in HS or some other competitive league (college, tournament) then that's a different story, but beer league celebration is lame and for people who don't score very often, in my opinion.

As far as Prospal is concerned - I love it. And that celebration, believe it or not, is subdued by Vinny's standards. Wait until you see him really go crazy. It'll happen, don't worry.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

i think alot of it had to do with the fact that he was looking a bit snake bit up to that point. fleury robbed him and he had some wide open looks in the first period one that rang off the post so it was good for him to get that goal, cause he easily could have had 3 or 4 by that point thru 2 games.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
blue2noise

I love the pic of him MSG keeps showing with the half smirk like a used car salesman.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:03 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I love the pic of him MSG keeps showing with the half smirk like a used car salesman.

somebody's been tanning with avery

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Blueblood 2

I appreciated the look on Gaborik's face when he looked around at the crowd going nuts after Vinny scored. Had that "oooh I like this", smirk on his face. Welcome to the Garden, Gabby!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Celebrating goals in beer leagues is ridiculous. A fist pump and some congratulations from your teammates is cool, but it really pisses me off when people go over the top (ride their stick, hoot and holler, etc.) after scoring in a meaningless men's league game. If you're still playing in HS or some other competitive league (college, tournament) then that's a different story, but beer league celebration is lame and for people who don't score very often, in my opinion.

As far as Prospal is concerned - I love it. And that celebration, believe it or not, is subdued by Vinny's standards. Wait until you see him really go crazy. It'll happen, don't worry.
I'm sorry, but at what point did you decide you know anything about me and how and where i play? Also, at what point did you decide you can assume how I celebrate a goal? Show boating I do not do, but a goal celebration with enthusiasm can pump up any team....no matter when or where. I compete as most athletes do and if somebody in a beer league were to celebrate their goal.....I sure as hell am not going to judge them b/c of the leauge they play in.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
His celebration reminded me of Straka, which is great.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

I was always a big Prospal fan, he along with Jeremy Roenick are (were) my two favorite non-Rangers.
that said;

Im actually kinda bummed hes not wearing that old Itech visor anymore..

but as long as hes doing well, im happy

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Celebrates goals like his dogs' alive
You mean you don't miss this?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 03:37 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Eh, don't really see why he flipped out, he acted like it was the GWG of Game 7 SCF.
Bra,

sometimes an old ass shoe can taste like friggin 5 star gourmet menu

if you know what i mean

NYRFANMANI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 03:41 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreification View Post
You mean you don't miss this?

You cant miss that, from which havent had much, right?

maybe a nuck fan will miss that but, me personally .... thank god he retired.
just another heartless fart

/excuse me Just another "superstar" caliber "cougar" which turned into a heartless fart by the fair paycheck handed out by Glen "the Pimp" Sather

just to have is totally right

NYRFANMANI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

What impressed me most last night, even more than the 3 assists was his hustle and backchecking, he must have broken up about 6 six rushes by himself with his hustle...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:29 AM
NYROrtsFan

Prospal is starting to seem very similar to Straka in a number of ways. Very skilled, can pass the puck very well, and seems to mesh well with everyone. What made Straka so good is that he really could mesh with any style of play and Prospal seems like that. Also the crazy hustle he shows backchecking is a huge benefit as well.

Prospal is the type of guy you want around your team in my opinion.

Hopefully we can find a way to keep him for around 3 mill a year after this season.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

I've been fan of Prospal since 1996. I love to see him celebrate, he even celebrates when he scores in practice (at least he did in Tampa and in Anaheim).

One of my favorites was a goal against Brodeur--his 3rd career NHL goal. He was one happy campler.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post

your completely right....why the hell would people have fun during a game of hockey that's played purely for fun

these guys should keep their composure if they want to impress the scouts

give me a break

relax, have some fun and ditch your ego, you sound come off really arrogant...its beer league big guy

to make my post related to the thread: i absolutely appreciate Prospal's enthusiasm and i honestly think he's making himself a strong candidate for the A

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote