HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bogosian wearing the A, would he be a better fit for us?

Old
10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Bogosian wearing the A, would he be a better fit for us?

Zach Bogosian has been playing very well in Atlanta...He had 19 points last year and even a fight with Donald Brashear...now he has the "A" on his sweater and a goal in his first game...

With Hickey, Voinov, Martinez, Harrold and smaller guys more of a commodity on our D, would it have been better to take Bogosian over Doughty and drafted a forward or another D with the Calgary/Anaheim pick?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

I say no..plus Doughty had a goal in the first game too (we wont discuss the turnovers )

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

No. Doughty exudes confidence with the puck much like a player like Bourque or Leetch. Bogosian is very good in his own right, more along the lines of a Chelios or Blake, but defenseman who can carry an offense are so rare, and Doughty will be doing that.

Hopefully most fans are still rationale after that one horrid start on Saturday...

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
not tellin*

LOL, what a waste of time. cuda's shuda's and wuda's

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post
Once again, not tellin tells it like it is.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
not tellin*

:retired:

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post

Slogan for 2010-11?

(beats the hell out of Pride=Passion=Power)

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We are only 1 year removed from the draft. If we are going solely on that one year, I would argue we made the right decision. But it has only been a year...

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Defgarden

Doughty is going to win multiple norris'ss's's's'

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
with water, your grass will be just as green... i swear.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Johnny Utah

I go back and forth on his...because in a few years Doughty, Hickey, and Voinov will be on the team and you figure Greene and Johnson will be too...That's 3 smaller or less physical guys with 2 bigger, more physical guys, and Johnson is still only 6'1"....Plus Martinez, Drewiske, and Harrold aren't the most physical.....It all comes down to Teubert and Campbell....or the Kings trading for a stud D man to even out the top 6....

Old
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Awww, my post got deleted. I love censorship

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Teubert is going to be the X-factor. A future top six of Doughty, Hickey, Voynov, Johnson, Greene and Teubert is the perfect blend of talent and grit. I think the rest are interchangeable and can be used as assets to make upgrades elsewhere.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Pucknut50

I think Doughty was trying to do to much when we got behind. He's smart and he realizes he cannot do it by himself. We want a Raymond Borque not a Brian Campbell. But I'm afraid with the defensemen we have he is going to be our offense on the backline and thats not good for Doughty's development. Knowing we were going to trade Quincey I would have rather signed a mobile defenseman rather than Scuderi.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I go back and forth on his...because in a few years Doughty, Hickey, and Voinov will be on the team and you figure Greene and Johnson will be too...That's 3 smaller or less physical guys with 2 bigger, more physical guys, and Johnson is still only 6'1"....Plus Martinez, Drewiske, and Harrold aren't the most physical.....It all comes down to Teubert and Campbell....or the Kings trading for a stud D man to even out the top 6....
They won't be all on the team at the same time. Lombardi has said numerous times that he likes the D to be composed of two vets, two in the prime players, and two young players. A LOT of movement can and will happen in these few years.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I think Doughty was trying to do to much when we got behind. He's smart and he realizes he cannot do it by himself. We want a Raymond Borque not a Brian Campbell. But I'm afraid with the defensemen we have he is going to be our offense on the backline and thats not good for Doughty's development. Knowing we were going to trade Quincey I would have rather signed a mobile defenseman rather than Scuderi.
it was Johnson v. Quincey... there was a need for a Scuderi either way.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah I scratch my head at the Scuderi signing....Beachumein would've fit in perfect.

Old
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Yeah I scratch my head at the Scuderi signing....Beachumein would've fit in perfect.

Dude, have you seen him play at all since the start of the regular season?

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah I have, he looked awful...but its 2 games in and he is still tougher, bigger, younger and capable of more offense than Scud's...and only makes about 400K more.

Old
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Maybe he didn't want to sign? Most people predicted and all thought Beauchemin would go to TOR and thats exactly what he did. Its not as if Lombardi can just pick whoever he wants and they come regardless of the offer on the table.

As for the actual discussion I was a strong Bogosian supporter at the time but its apples against oranges. Personally I wasn't a fan of Doughty at first but he has made me one, still not sure one which of the two I would pick (can't go wrong). Anyone here who says Bogosian couldn't run our offense just like Doughty or do something else needs to watch more ATL games. There is definitely no clear cut advantage between either of the two guys at the moment.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Zach Bogosian has been playing very well in Atlanta...He had 19 points last year and even a fight with Donald Brashear...now he has the "A" on his sweater and a goal in his first game...

With Hickey, Voinov, Martinez, Harrold and smaller guys more of a commodity on our D, would it have been better to take Bogosian over Doughty and drafted a forward or another D with the Calgary/Anaheim pick?

Quote:

Johnny,

I have been reading your posts for a long time......since you registered at LGK actually. I know you are big fight fan, as am I.

However I think you sometimes need to let go of the "we need more rugged players who drop the gloves" mentality.

The Kings would be lucky to have either Bogo or Doughty. I really enjoy watching a player like Bogosian most, however the finesse of Doughty will never be topped by the best hit or fight Bogosian will ever have.

The same can be said of Beachumin and Scuderi. Scuderi is going to punish the player but probably never drop the gloves like Beachumein will. However as far as a player goes Scuderi is head and shoulders above in the actual "play" department.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

short answer: No

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
hangons

Dude~ the guy was our best player last season as an 18 year old kid... The guy had one bad game... Lock this thread quick!

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I think you're over analyzing it.

Who cares if Bogosian's got an "A" on his jersey? Bottom line is DD is a better player than Bogosian. I doubt many hockey fans would argue with that.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I think you're over analyzing it.

Who cares if Bogosian's got an "A" on his jersey? Bottom line is DD is a better player than Bogosian. I doubt many hockey fans would argue with that.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=677616

You'd be surprised. One fan said that "Kings fans have already realized the mistake they've made" taking Doughty over Bogosian... Though obviously there is bias flying all around, the debate is still very much up in the air.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote