HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 - New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00pm Versus (HD)

Old
10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap215 View Post
So far so good i like seeing this team's hustle.
4th line was excellent last night, wheres the Boyle mancrush thread!?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
4th line was excellent last night, wheres the Boyle mancrush thread!?
I'm loving the 4th line but when averys back do we put voros as 13th man and lisin on 4th line? You can justify lisin on the 4th line by still giving him PP time and possibly PK time also just bumping him every once in a while for energy. Man whose noticed that for boyles size hes actually a really good skater

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
I'm loving the 4th line but when averys back do we put voros as 13th man and lisin on 4th line? You can justify lisin on the 4th line by still giving him PP time and possibly PK time also just bumping him every once in a while for energy. Man whose noticed that for boyles size hes actually a really good skater
Lisin hasn't shown much outside his fast skating, but I don't want to discourage him just yet, want to see him get his time and earn it. Its still early. When Avery's back i'd sit Voros, rotate him with Lisin.

I think Boyle can be useful with that big reach, taking away the middle, and he's definitely more solid on his skates than Betts was.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I know he hasn't shown much yet, but I want to see Lisin get an opportunity in Prospal's pot on Gaborik's line. I think a bit more speed wouldn't hurt.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I know he hasn't shown much yet, but I want to see Lisin get an opportunity in Prospal's pot on Gaborik's line. I think a bit more speed wouldn't hurt.
The day that line gets broken up is the day i stop watching the rangers. are you kidding take prospal out of that first line the guy is arguably our best player 3 games in. if it aint broke dont fix it

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
The day that line gets broken up is the day i stop watching the rangers. are you kidding take prospal out of that first line the guy is arguably our best player 3 games in. if it aint broke dont fix it
well you may want to prepare yourself then.

that line has been great so far, no doubt but they are going to get tired. they play alot and they start every pp. we need help from our other lines. we need balance.

prospal would look better centering a second scoring line. eventually, i see him doing just that.

you telling me higgins or lisin on that gaby/dubi line wouldnt look good ?

the key to continued winning will be scoring from 3 lines.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
is that you fitzy ?? wow. and here i thought we couldnt get close......

i could not have said it better myself.

welcome to the darkside.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 11:53 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Good ole Marty again, up to his old tricks... he will just NEVER give any Ranger any credit...

How come he always says the same thing about a game winning Ranger goal? Its getting old Marty, really old.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Li...evils_105.html
When is Marty ever going to give Lundqvist any credit? He hasn't beaten Hank in regulation since February 2007. Marty has too much pride to acknowledge that Lundqvist is outplaying him.

Is there anyone in the NHL with a more dominant record against Brodeur than Lundqvist? That's very impressive. The tables have definitely turned in this rivalry since Lundqvist's emergence, and it feels damn good.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
The Rangers had this guy in the 70's named Larry Sacharuk .... he had a cannon... couldnt hit the side of a barn with his shot ...but man could he blast it. Saw him put a puck into the Blue Seats one night when one of his shots was deflected.

Kolalik is amazing ... where are all the whiners who were calling him another Sather mistake?
Kota is what weve been screaming for for years here ... a blaster from the point who isnt afraid to shoot.
My first reaction is to think out loud and reveal my surprise at how low you set the "amazing" bar, but it's great that you think he's "all that."

Me thinks it's a little early to call people out after only one bloody goal in 3 games. I say you can pencil him in for 40+ points and lots of indifferent play sandwitched by a PG every 5-4 games.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
When is Marty ever going to give Lundqvist any credit? He hasn't beaten Hank in regulation since February 2007. Marty has too much pride to acknowledge that Lundqvist is outplaying him.

Is there anyone in the NHL with a more dominant record against Brodeur than Lundqvist? That's very impressive. The tables have definitely turned in this rivalry since Lundqvist's emergence, and it feels damn good.
Especially after he would tell anyone who would listen about how he would dominate the Rangers for years. I remember how he made a comment about a Dawes shootout goal, something about how Dawes shanked it and if he was able to shoot it right Brodeur would have saved it since he guessed where it 'was supposed to go'. He gave a backhanded compliment to Messier the night he was having his jersey retired... and the word compliment is generous for what Brodeur said.

He even made a kind of odd remark about his teammates following the Flyers loss. That one was more along the lines of not squaring up to the shooter because he doesn't really have confidence in his teammates... it was between the lines and open to interpretation.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:30 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Come on, Lisin hasnt been here long enough to know what he did.

Its too early, hell get lost on the outside.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Levitate

Didn't Marty also get upset that Lundqvist didn't shake his hand after he won the Vezina?

I'm never sure how much of it is me being a fan of a rival team and being spiteful, and how much of it is Marty actually kind of being a dick. I guess he has the accomplishments to back it up though, so hey

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
bubba5

Loved it when we brought Marty to tears in 1994. He is so over-rated, any average goalie can win consistantly over their career when your defense only allowed like 20 shots a game, and about like 3 quality per game!!!!!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Loved it when we brought Marty to tears in 1994. He is so over-rated, any average goalie can win consistantly over their career when your defense only allowed like 20 shots a game, and about like 3 quality per game!!!!!
I think its foolish to say Brodeur is average.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
ThirdEye

Marty just has a huge sense of entitlement. He's "supposed" to win every game and the ones he doesn't are just aberrations it seems... either caused by bad luck or him getting screwed in some way

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:54 PM
CamachoNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Marty just has a huge sense of entitlement. He's "supposed" to win every game and the ones he doesn't are just aberrations it seems... either caused by bad luck or him getting screwed in some way
agreed

CamachoNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
shoothepuck

Any time the Rangers take a win away from Marty is a good game.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Ola

Quote:
Right now or for his entire career?

He is overrated for his career, have probably had the easiest job in prosport playing goalie for the NJD. Nobody can argue that NJD haven't been the most defensive team in this league -- by a pretty wide margin. But he definitly wasn't avg either, he were one of the best for a few years when Hasek was off.

But right now he is definitly very avg. Or below avg.

Like look at the NJD last year when Marty was injured, they didn't have to support their goalie as much and scored a ton of goals and won games. When he came back they were back to W/L with 2-1 again... I think he was a big reason for Sutter leaving. NJD changed styles when Marty came back. There is no ifs or buts about it, the stats are extremely obvious. The only explanation for that is that Marty demands it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Black Tank

Brodeur will be a liability for the Devils, even more so than he has been the last few years. I can't see him taking a back seat role and I can't see the Devils having the guts to bench him. All they can do is hope that he comes out of his slump and not hit another one in the POs. It's the aging superstar syndrome and every team with a franchise player struggles with this, we certainly did with Messier part II.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
We went from lacking a good offensive defenseman over the past few years to having TWO great rookie offensive defesneman...i'm loving this!
Me too!

And both have alot more potential too! Now alot of talk is about what they bring today, many forget what thoose two will bring in 5 years.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Second that. The guy is going to go down as the first, or second best player in that position ever. I say Roy's the best, but I also can't stand the devils, so that might be influencing me.

He regularly makes some pretty sick saves even now in his career. No way he's average.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
My first reaction is to think out loud and reveal my surprise at how low you set the "amazing" bar, but it's great that you think he's "all that."

Me thinks it's a little early to call people out after only one bloody goal in 3 games. I say you can pencil him in for 40+ points and lots of indifferent play sandwitched by a PG every 5-4 games.
Yes .. the amazing bar gets set real low after a few hours at a real bar.

I was watching the game with my tequila goggles on.

But Kotalik is the weapon we have been wanting here for a looooooooong time. A blaster... and we see he's not afraid to shoot.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Good ole Marty again, up to his old tricks... he will just NEVER give any Ranger any credit...

How come he always says the same thing about a game winning Ranger goal? Its getting old Marty, really old.

I hate when Marty makes excuses, but I can't really disagree with him. If he didn't flub that shot in some way then it was one of the weakest and slowest shots I have ever seen.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
bubba5

Never said he was Average, I said an Average goalie would have just almost as much success. But he is not as great as people like to believe he is also.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:52 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:

Somebody call marty a WHAAAAAMBULANCE
Scratch that, he'll probably just eat that too.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote