HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

My first One95!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
  #1
SouthpawTRK
Registered User
 
SouthpawTRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
My first One95!

I'm sure that a majority of HF members have already tried/own a Nike-Bauer Supreme One95 stick, but I just got mine the other day.

I was really impressed by how little the stick weighs, as well as how balanced it is (compared to my previous stick). I like the look of the matte finish on the blade and the lower portion of the shaft; kinda reminds me of how some players spray paint their sticks. The tactile finish is nice too; allowing some extra grip; but not having too much tackiness from have a factory grip finish. I got it in a 77 flex; cut it down to 58" (84 flex), with a Malkin curve.

The stick was very responsive with puck handling; definitely was able to feel the puck. Shooting with the stick was a lot of fun as well. Perhaps it is a combination of the weight, balance and technology, but slap shots felt so much better with this stick (compared to the stick I was using before). Wrist shots and snap shots felt really good too. By no way am I trying to say that I'm good at playing hockey; I've only being doing it for about 4 months (I'm a bit of a gear head when it comes to hobbies that I like). But, with the couple of sticks that I've tried out in the past few months, this one by far is top notch.

I'm definitely glad that I now have this stick in my quiver of sticks to use. While the stick was a bit pricey, I would say that it's worth the price of admission.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
  #2
czechmate25
Registered User
 
czechmate25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Be sure to keep us informed about how long it lasts. My last....and I mean last, one95 held together for a whopping 3 whole games! The one before that, 2 months.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
  #3
CanadaBacon
 
CanadaBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Be sure to keep us informed about how long it lasts. My last....and I mean last, one95 held together for a whopping 3 whole games! The one before that, 2 months.
ouch.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
  #4
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
I've got 2 one95's and they still are with me. One I used exclusively for over a month.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
  #5
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,015
vCash: 500
I got mine in May, and it's the best stick I've ever used by an order of magnitude. I just love it, and I'll buy another when this one breaks.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
  #6
CanadaBacon
 
CanadaBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
I've got 2 one95's and they still are with me. One I used exclusively for over a month.

Thats not really saying much.

Unless its a Warrior

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
  #7
SouthpawTRK
Registered User
 
SouthpawTRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Well, I knocked on our wood coffee table last night before I took out the stick this morning. I'm knocking on wood again (in regards to this reply), that the stick lasts me as long as possible.

I completely realize that any stick at this caliber; perhaps due to weight, structure and/or materials has the ability to break (maybe more so than some less expensive sticks).

Out of curiosity; for those that have broken a One95 in a short time; what would you say contributed to the breakage? Would you say it's due to the power in your shots? Too many other players hacking at your stick? I would imagine that it's probably a combination of the two that contributed to an early breakage for most, but then again I am fairly new to hockey.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
  #8
CanadaBacon
 
CanadaBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
Well, I knocked on our wood coffee table last night before I took out the stick this morning. I'm knocking on wood again (in regards to this reply), that the stick lasts me as long as possible.

I completely realize that any stick at this caliber; perhaps due to weight, structure and/or materials has the ability to break (maybe more so than some less expensive sticks).

Out of curiosity; for those that have broken a One95 in a short time; what would you say contributed to the breakage? Would you say it's due to the power in your shots? Too many other players hacking at your stick? I would imagine that it's probably a combination of the two that contributed to an early breakage for most, but then again I am fairly new to hockey.
Knowing how to break a dudes stick is becoming more and more common place. It really is easy as hell. All you need is one of these dudes to give ya one whack and your $250+ twig is done.

Any stick at any caliber can break easily. Some sticks just tend to be more fragile then others.

Best advice i can give ya is learn to watch your stick against one of these choppers.

If your twig is breaking due to actual game reasons ie shots, passes, loading. It maybe time to choose a new brand if the cost is a bit much for you.

One R10 usually last me about 3 months playing 3ish times a week. I have been lucky with this last one, it has lasted since right before christmas (havnt played since april).

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
  #9
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,967
vCash: 500
I love everything about the One95 except that I can't shoot for crap with it. Back to the Vapor XXV, shots are harder and much more accurate. I'm just not a high kickpoint guy. Puck feel, balance, everything else is amazing. But, she's for sale, and I'm putting it towards a Wii when it sells

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
  #10
CanadaBacon
 
CanadaBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
I got a few people asking me how to break a stick. Im obviously not going to help people do this, its a ass thing to do. Even if it is to "defend" yourself.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
  #11
hkyplayer03
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
I'm sure that a majority of HF members have already tried/own a Nike-Bauer Supreme One95 stick, but I just got mine the other day.

I was really impressed by how little the stick weighs, as well as how balanced it is (compared to my previous stick). I like the look of the matte finish on the blade and the lower portion of the shaft; kinda reminds me of how some players spray paint their sticks. The tactile finish is nice too; allowing some extra grip; but not having too much tackiness from have a factory grip finish. I got it in a 77 flex; cut it down to 58" (84 flex), with a Malkin curve.

The stick was very responsive with puck handling; definitely was able to feel the puck. Shooting with the stick was a lot of fun as well. Perhaps it is a combination of the weight, balance and technology, but slap shots felt so much better with this stick (compared to the stick I was using before). Wrist shots and snap shots felt really good too. By no way am I trying to say that I'm good at playing hockey; I've only being doing it for about 4 months (I'm a bit of a gear head when it comes to hobbies that I like). But, with the couple of sticks that I've tried out in the past few months, this one by far is top notch.

I'm definitely glad that I now have this stick in my quiver of sticks to use. While the stick was a bit pricey, I would say that it's worth the price of admission.

enjoy it, esp at 77 flex it must feel amazing. one timers with this stick are a pure joy. in comparison, with a crappy stick you'll feel the weight and vibration when connecting on the one timer.

hkyplayer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.