HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers and Devils fans "fighting" after last night's game

Old
10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Idiotic handful of fans don't deserve mentioning, much less a whole thread on behavior few people on this board support.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Blueshirt Special

Can't we all just get along?

Seriously: Jack-***** in all fan groups. It's nonsense.

Take your beer-muscles and go home.

As far as the Garden goes, it seems like there are certain fans from visiting teams who want to be able to say they went there and started a fight or whatever, proving what tough guys they are. big deal

I'm sure Isander fans can tell you some stories about obnoxious Rangers fans visiting them as well.

Some people are less interested in hockey and more interested in breaking chops. pfffft

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Can't we all just get along?

Seriously: Jack-***** in all fan groups. It's nonsense.

Take your beer-muscles and go home.

As far as the Garden goes, it seems like there are certain fans from visiting teams who want to be able to say they went there and started a fight or whatever, proving what tough guys they are. big deal

I'm sure Isander fans can tell you some stories about obnoxious Rangers fans visiting them as well.

Some people are less interested in hockey and more interested in breaking chops. pfffft

I'll tell you what though...

I've been to the Garden plenty of times with my Devils jersey and Red Sox hat... people say stuff but it's all in good fun and we laugh about it.

In Philly.. they actually make you feel scared. I was there with my girlfriend. we didn't say anything to anyone the entire night. But we were both looking over our shoulders the entire time... she never wants to go back because of some of the things we heard and people getting right in our faces and saying things.

njdevil26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Reverend_Hellh0und

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Being 39 and having been going to the garden since the 70's I can assure you there have been plenty of fights inside and outside MSG. Back in the day their was a pre season game in early 1985 at the Meadowlands and a fight broke out between 2 women and before you knew it about 50 people were in a all out brawl . These were the days when the Rangers ruled the swamp and there was 9out of 10 Rangers fans there. Well it go so bad that they had to pull the teams off the ice and issue warnings over the PA that the state police had been called. It was 2nd worst i ever saw. The first was 9/16/91 in Long island when a Ranger fan threw a Islander fan off the upper deck

Just curious. If there were "9 out of 10 Ranger fans" there, why werent you all able to handle the fights.

What year was this game anyway.

Reverend_Hellh0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Ok Hell hound 1st of all i wasn't involved in the fight. I don't care what team i root for if my family isn't in direct danger I would never get in a fight at a sporting event.
2nd if your a Devil fan for more then 10 years you have to admit The Rangers were the home team at the Meadowlands for the first 10 years there.
3rd
The problem with the fight was the Rangers fans pounding the Devils fan and not stopping

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Why is there even a thread on this board? It has nothing to do with the Rangers. Let's not turn into a certain rival fan base that obsesses about us more than their own team

(And yes, I know my posting on said thread looks a little hypocritical, so don't bother mentioning it lol)

Anyway, this is an isolated incident between a few select idiots and shouldn't reflect the collective fan base of either team. That could have easily involved Rangers fans and I wouldn't want to have to listen to a bunch of people saying that one fight reflected the entire fan base.

You have to be a complete idiot to get into a physical altercation at a sporting event based on nothing more than yelling or heckling. I always enjoy some good-natured smack talk with opposing fans at games, but for it to go any further than that is just idiotic. As long as you haven't been physically harmed (as well as anyone you might be with), there's no reason to act like an imbecile even if you're hammered out of your mind.

And as for feeling threatened at Rangers/Flyers games, I've gone to dozens of games down there (including a couple at the old Spectrum) and have never once felt in danger. People yell **** all the time, but as long as you're not being an idiot, there's no reason for you to feel threatened.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Ah..now that makes fighting ok. Lets continue to act like apes.
So participating in a fight, makes you an Ape?

I guess most hockey players are Apes then, eh?

Wonderful logic, Fly. . .

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 10:58 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Boys will be boys...It happens!

Been plenty of dustups outside MSG too. Doesn't matter who the team is. An opposing team comes into your building with a busload of fans and 9 times out of 10 there will be a problem. This one ended up the way countless others have.
Not really...MSG doesn't get invaded by large masses of other team's fans.
The one's who come in large numbers are Devils or Isles.
We don't get big packs of Flyers or Bruins fans (then again, the Bruins aren't like the Red Sox...they do NOT travel well).

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 06:05 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cioran View Post
Hockey needs more hooligans and crazy fans
agreed.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker* View Post
Not really...MSG doesn't get invaded by large masses of other team's fans.
The one's who come in large numbers are Devils or Isles.
We don't get big packs of Flyers or Bruins fans (then again, the Bruins aren't like the Red Sox...they do NOT travel well).
Not true at all. We get large numbers of organized Flyers supporters at MSG. The Devils and Icelander supporters who come to MSG are not organized.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote