HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Ten Sports Chants

Old
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
shortcat1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke View Post
TSN had Sports Chants on their daily "Top Ten" today. Our habs were featured twice in this top ten.

Number 4 was our "Ole ole ole" chant.

Number 1 was the "Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" chant we invented vs the Kings in the playoffs.
Wow!

Even my Build-a-Bear sings number 4! That's so cool!

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke View Post
Number 1 was the "Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" chant we invented vs the Kings in the playoffs.
That is complete BS. The Na na na na chant was well before 1993. We used to sing it during the Canuck games in the early 80's, and in the mid 80's in the old Forum.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
That is complete BS. The Na na na na chant was well before 1993. We used to sing it during the Canuck games in the early 80's, and in the mid 80's in the old Forum.
some people really need to read entire threads before they post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
for the 10th time...

the OP was only repeating what TSN said...

When presenting #1 of the top 10 they said...a song the habs faithful invented

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Prudentius

Honestly hockey is a very great game to watch on TV and absolutely terrible to watch live. I can't think of a single sport boring as hockey live at a game. This is mainly because there's no "ultras fans" section like there are at soccer games in N.A. or even in most sports franchise in Europe.

Heck, I easily have 5x more fun at a USL soccer game in Montreal than at the bell center because of the ultra section. Hockey arenas really need to rethink the way they are organized.

I have a hard time having fun in the molson ex section which is the most fiesty in the bell center because even if there is noise, it's chaotic and everybody sing the same old **** over and over

"Ole Ole" "Go habs go" and "you suck"

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Honestly hockey is a very great game to watch on TV and absolutely terrible to watch live. I can't think of a single sport boring as hockey live at a game. This is mainly because there's no "ultras fans" section like there are at soccer games in N.A. or even in most sports franchise in Europe.

Heck, I easily have 5x more fun at a USL soccer game in Montreal than at the bell center because of the ultra section. Hockey arenas really need to rethink the way they are organized.

I have a hard time having fun in the molson ex section which is the most fiesty in the bell center because even if there is noise, it's chaotic and everybody sing the same old **** over and over

"Ole Ole" "Go habs go" and "you suck"

it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

teams would have no interest in Ultras and probably be more annoyed by them. Ultras movement are almost non-existent in NA except in soccer where fans are desperately trying to shake off the ''North-American Stigma'' in order to gain legitimacy on the international scene.

having said that , it could be an interesting marketing concept for a team with low attendance trying to develop a core: Tampa, Pheonix, Carolina etc etc. it would be non conventional in the North American perspective , but European clubs have Ultras.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote